Some consequences if AHC is repealed

After reading this thread it is obvious there are a lot of folks who have no idea what the hell health care is in this country.

There are lots of things in Obamacare that are already in effect and will be sorely missed if SCOTUS voids the program. The GOP leaders are already scrambling to find ways to keep these provisions in effect. Ironic, isn't it?

If SCOTUS does void this law the GOP will then OWN the healthcare issue. The American healthcare system, if it can be called that, it the most expensive in the world with outcomes comparable to Bulgaria and other third world countries.

Sixty percent of all bankruptcies in this country are due to medical bills. Half of those people had health insurance. The first 15 to 35 percent of all healthcare premiums buys no health care at all. That is the overhead our corporate leaders need. The overhead for medicare is 3%.

Hell, at any given time approximately 20% of our population has no health care at all. For this the premiums are rising, overall, at multiple the general inflation rate.

That's what the GOP will be defending. I wish them luck..........they'll need it.

what a load of shit. The best that can be said is that medical bills contribute to those bankruptcies. As did student loans, credit card debt, auto loans, ad nauseam.

In pdf format, it's 955 pages. http://housedocs.house.gov/energycommerce/ppacacon.pdf

Of course, that's a compilation. The actual version was quite a bit longer. The HOUSE version in Oct. of 2009 was closer to two THOUSAND pages: http://housedocs.house.gov/rules/health/111_ahcaa.pdf ALso, see: Text of H.R.3590 as Amendment in Senate (OC Prepared): Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress (1928 pages).

Another government pdf version brings it down to 906. http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-111hr3590enr/pdf/BILLS-111hr3590enr.pdf

And this goes to show why the number of pages argument is such a steaming load of crap. When people hear something is X pages long, they think of a page with 1" inch margins and 12-point font, not pages with 2" inch margins and 14-point font.

Irrelevant deflection.

The "legislation" was too fucking long for our pussy congresscritters to actually read, much less comprehend BEFORE they VOTED on the shit.

Do you really think members of Congress read ANY of the bills? No, to the extent anyone reads anything, they read committee reports. They typically just take cues from leadership though.

And this goes to show why the number of pages argument is such a steaming load of crap. When people hear something is X pages long, they think of a page with 1" inch margins and 12-point font, not pages with 2" inch margins and 14-point font.

Irrelevant deflection.

The "legislation" was too fucking long for our pussy congresscritters to actually read, much less comprehend BEFORE they VOTED on the shit.

Do you really think members of Congress read ANY of the bills? No, to the extent anyone reads anything, they read committee reports. They typically just take cues from leadership though.

It's not a matter of what I "really think" happens in most cases.

I was adressing what didn't happen in THIS case.

Two different points are raised. Or three.

Why don't we have Congresscritters who are minimally willing to do their fucking job? WE settle for this shit.

Why do bills have to be written as they are? It's absurd.

Plus, in this case, it seems unlikely that the lazy Democrat Congresscritters even had their own respective staffs read the Godforsaken bill. Clearly, they simply caved in to the "recommendation" of the shit heels who drafted it.

Last edited:
In pdf format, it's 955 pages. http://housedocs.house.gov/energycommerce/ppacacon.pdf

Of course, that's a compilation. The actual version was quite a bit longer. The HOUSE version in Oct. of 2009 was closer to two THOUSAND pages: http://housedocs.house.gov/rules/health/111_ahcaa.pdf ALso, see: Text of H.R.3590 as Amendment in Senate (OC Prepared): Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress (1928 pages).

Another government pdf version brings it down to 906. http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-111hr3590enr/pdf/BILLS-111hr3590enr.pdf

Irrelevant deflection.

My name is Herman Cain, and I do not like to read!

Irrelevant deflection.

My name is Herman Cain, and I do not like to read!

And yet unlike the mindless pussy liberal Democrat Congresscritters who voted FOR the ObainationCare Act, Mr. Cain does read.

You flame like a snowflake, Cowfart.

After reading this thread it is obvious there are a lot of folks who have no idea what the hell health care is in this country.

There are lots of things in Obamacare that are already in effect and will be sorely missed if SCOTUS voids the program. The GOP leaders are already scrambling to find ways to keep these provisions in effect. Ironic, isn't it?

If SCOTUS does void this law the GOP will then OWN the healthcare issue. The American healthcare system, if it can be called that, it the most expensive in the world with outcomes comparable to Bulgaria and other third world countries.

Sixty percent of all bankruptcies in this country are due to medical bills. Half of those people had health insurance. The first 15 to 35 percent of all healthcare premiums buys no health care at all. That is the overhead our corporate leaders need. The overhead for medicare is 3%.

Hell, at any given time approximately 20% of our population has no health care at all. For this the premiums are rising, overall, at multiple the general inflation rate.

That's what the GOP will be defending. I wish them luck..........they'll need it.

what a load of shit. The best that can be said is that medical bills contribute to those bankruptcies. As did student loans, credit card debt, auto loans, ad nauseam.

For the record I will then clarify. Medical bills are the CAUSE of those bankruptcies not a "contributing factor"

You are one of those who have no idea in hell what you are talking about. Just parroting the party line, caring little if you are caught in multiple lies and distortions along the way.

For all those who are claiming healthcare is too complicated and the provisions too long I have the following question: Would you approve of a bill that simply say all citizens are entitled to all healthcare they wish where ever they may be located in the USA?

Wouldn't that create a howl among our conservative brethren!

Irrelevant deflection.

Why don't we have Congresscritters who are minimally willing to do their fucking job? WE settle for this shit.

Plus, in this case, it seems unlikely that the lazy Democrat Congresscritters even had their own respective staffs read the Godforsaken bill. Clearly, they simply caved in to the "recommendation" of the shit heels who drafted it.

Because, frankly, the country is far too large to be governed by a group of 535 people that sit around for a few days a few weeks a year. The machinery of state handles the actual work of management.

Because, frankly, the country is far too large to be governed by a group of 535 people that sit around for a few days a few weeks a year. The machinery of state handles the actual work of management.

^ Elitist bullshit.

^ Elitist bullshit.

What's elitist about it? Congress is far too small to actually handle it's job. At the time the country was founded, the House had 65 seats for a population of 4 million. To keep that same ratio today, the House would need over 5,000 seats.

So its not all bad? Wow. That's a shocker. Maybe if they had stopped at a 1000 pages those people would not die.

The only ones to blame are those who didnt fucking read it.

It doesn't matter what the length was. You guys would have still opposed it.

It doesn't matter that you guys didn't read it or understand it, you guys would still have endorsed it.

Fucking idiot lemmings.

I've read the entire thing.....one could write a book with what you don't know about it ;)

As to the OP...MOST states already HAD aa high risk pool set up...sorry.

It doesn't matter what the length was. You guys would have still opposed it.

It doesn't matter that you guys didn't read it or understand it, you guys would still have endorsed it.

Fucking idiot lemmings.

I've read the entire thing.....one could write a book with what you don't know about it ;)

You are entirely full of shit.

I doubt you understand it even a tenth as well as I do, and that isn't all that wonderful either.

For if you HAD read that miasma as you claim, you would be reading crippling legislativese, striking prior sections of other acts and replacing it with arcane phrases which would entail you meandering through all those other referenced laws.

Not only did our Congresscritters not bother to try to do all of that, nor did their respective staffs (in most cases), YOU sure as shit didn't.

^ Elitist bullshit.

What's elitist about it? Congress is far too small to actually handle it's job. At the time the country was founded, the House had 65 seats for a population of 4 million. To keep that same ratio today, the House would need over 5,000 seats.

Congress is already too large. It is not the number of Representatives that is the issue. An even smaller number could EASILY handle the actual job if the fuckers would limit themselves to the job they are permitted to do.

Fucking idiot lemmings.

You are entirely full of shit.

I doubt you understand it even a tenth as well as I do, and that isn't all that wonderful either.

For if you HAD read that miasma as you claim, you would be reading crippling legislativese, striking prior sections of other acts and replacing it with arcane phrases which would entail you meandering through all those other referenced laws.

Not only did our Congresscritters not bother to try to do all of that, nor did their respective staffs (in most cases), YOU sure as shit didn't.

ooo lookie, another little internet tough guy liar....tell me sweetpea...what parts of the Law are in effect right now...c'mon lil guy..

I have read the Act.

Most of it is like this:

SEC. 1001. AMENDMENTS TO THE PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICE
8 ACT.
9 Part A of title XXVII of the Public Health Service Act
10 (42 U.S.C. 300gg et seq.) is amended—
11 (1) by striking the part heading and inserting
12 the following:
13 ‘‘PART A—INDIVIDUAL AND GROUP MARKET
14 REFORMS’’;
15 (2) by redesignating sections 2704 through 2707
16 as sections 2725 through 2728, respectively;
17 (3) by redesignating sections 2711 through 2713
18 as sections 2731 through 2733, respectively;
19 (4) by redesignating sections 2721 through 2723
20 as sections 2735 through 2737, respectively; and
21 (5) by inserting after section 2702, the following:
HR 3590 EAS/PP
1 ‘‘Subpart II—Improving Coverage
2 ‘‘SEC. 2711. NO LIFETIME OR ANNUAL LIMITS.
3 ‘‘(a) IN GENERAL.—A group health plan and a health
4 insurance issuer offering group or individual health insur5
ance coverage may not establish—
6 ‘‘(1) lifetime limits on the dollar value of benefits
7 for any participant or beneficiary; or
8 ‘‘(2) unreasonable annual limits (within the
9 meaning of section 223 of the Internal Revenue Code
10 of 1986) on the dollar value of benefits for any partic11
ipant or beneficiary.
12 ‘‘(b) PER BENEFICIARY LIMITS.—Subsection (a) shall
13 not be construed to prevent a group health plan or health
14 insurance coverage that is not required to provide essential
15 health benefits under section 1302(b) of the Patient Protec16
tion and Affordable Care Act from placing annual or life17
time per beneficiary limits on specific covered benefits to
18 the extent that such limits are otherwise permitted under
19 Federal or State law.

Read the whole thing here.
http://www.healthcare.gov/law/resources/authorities/patient-protection.pdf

Notice how much of the Act is tied directly into IRS provisions.

I have read the Act.

Most of it is like this:

8 ACT.
12 the following:
14 REFORMS’’;
HR 3590 EAS/PP
ipant or beneficiary.
19 Federal or State law.

The IRS is the enforcement arm :)

Why do you think they tied up student loans into this thing?

Some consequences if AHC is repealed

Which is why you don't pass unconstitutional legislation to begin with. Follow the Constitution and we don't have problems of "consequences" when the law has to be struck down.

If they don't strike down the ENTIRE Bill Bammy and the Left win, we will have single payor within ten tears. (years)

(That must have been freudian)

Last edited:
I have read the Act.

Most of it is like this:

8 ACT.
12 the following:
14 REFORMS’’;
HR 3590 EAS/PP
ipant or beneficiary.
19 Federal or State law.

The IRS is the enforcement arm :)

Why do you think they tied up student loans into this thing?

You noticed!

It turns the IRS into our version of the KGB. Which might have been the whole point all along.

Forum List

Back