Some are more equal than others

You don't charge that much because nobody would pay you that much. But the attorney I worked with (my sister) did charge that much, and that was years ago.

I'm not bitter. And I'm not a legal secretary anymore, either. When my sister left private practice, so did I. She became a tribal prosecutor and judge pro tem. I went into human services. I never entertained the thought of becoming an attorney for two seconds. I enjoy having days off.

Just let me know if you want any more information. I'm more than willing to share, which will save you from making awkward and inappropriate assumptions about me.

Not really. His starting salary will probably be at about $175,000 a year before bonus ;)

I'm sure your dog looks good. Dogs are generally cute. You, however, are a very angry person.

Me? I don't need to aggrandize myself on a messageboard because I do pretty well in real life.

Don't fool yourself. You do a pretty sharp job of aggrandizing yourself here, too. I'm sure you're a smug twit no matter where you go.

I'm angry because I think my dog's smarter than Larkinn? If you say so...:razz:

You don't charge that much because nobody would pay you that much. But the attorney I worked with (my sister) did charge that much, and that was years ago.

I'm not bitter. And I'm not a legal secretary anymore, either. When my sister left private practice, so did I. She became a tribal prosecutor and judge pro tem. I went into human services. I never entertained the thought of becoming an attorney for two seconds. I enjoy having days off.

Just let me know if you want any more information. I'm more than willing to share, which will save you from making awkward and inappropriate assumptions about me.

He wasn't talking about legal fees. He was talking about what he gets paid for teaching a class. In NY legal fees -- probably about $450 an hour, depending on the area of specialty... less for some things, more for others.

If you don't want people making assumptions about you, perhaps you shouldn't toot your own horn so much. You kind of make yourself look foolish.

Err starting first year grads from my school make $180k. I'm not talking about being an attorney, I'm talking about teaching a class that you claimed is so easy your dog could do it. As for why I don't charge that much there are many reasons, one being that I doubt I would find people considering the person who does charge that much does it full time, and I do it only a few hours a week. Another reason is that I am Public Interest and I don't like to gouge people.

Just telling you what I've been lead to believe, dahling.

He wasn't talking about legal fees. He was talking about what he gets paid for teaching a class. In NY legal fees -- probably about $450 an hour, depending on the area of specialty... less for some things, more for others.

If you don't want people making assumptions about you, perhaps you shouldn't toot your own horn so much. You kind of make yourself look foolish.

Er..I know what he was talking about. And....?????

I just assumed you all were interested in my credentials, since you all were so quick to call me ignorant, unversed in matters of law, etc. so on and so forth. You seemed interested, if unperceptive. I was trying to help you out.

Err starting first year grads from my school make $180k. I'm not talking about being an attorney, I'm talking about teaching a class that you claimed is so easy your dog could do it. As for why I don't charge that much there are many reasons, one being that I doubt I would find people considering the person who does charge that much does it full time, and I do it only a few hours a week. Another reason is that I am Public Interest and I don't like to gouge people.

Just telling you what I've been lead to believe, dahling.

Toot toot!

There goes the horn again. You'll notice, Jillian, that I am not the only person on this site who enjoys building myself up. There's you, and Larkinn...

Er..I know what he was talking about. And....?????

I just assumed you all were interested in my credentials, since you all were so quick to call me ignorant, unversed in matters of law, etc. so on and so forth. You seemed interested, if unperceptive. I was trying to help you out.

Larkinn thinks if he labels people as dumber then him he wins points somehow, it is also why he plays word games. He probably has a wall in his house or apartment where he makes little marks for all the arguments he thinks he has scored points in by twisting what was said, redefining words, ignoring dictionary meanings and generally playing like he is superior to everyone around here. And he always manages to claim he never meant what he clearly said.

Larkinn thinks if he labels people as dumber then him he wins points somehow, it is also why he plays word games. He probably has a wall in his house or apartment where he makes little marks for all the arguments he thinks he has scored points in by twisting what was said, redefining words, ignoring dictionary meanings and generally playing like he is superior to everyone around here. And he always manages to claim he never meant what he clearly said.

Actually, I think you'll find that game was started by Allie baby.... and she really has no justification for it.

Larkinn thinks if he labels people as dumber then him he wins points somehow, it is also why he plays word games.

I call you stupid because you miss major facts. Such as the fact that Alli started this contest of intellect with talking about how he/she was a legal secretary, blah blah.

He probably has a wall in his house or apartment where he makes little marks for all the arguments he thinks he has scored points in by twisting what was said, redefining words, ignoring dictionary meanings and generally playing like he is superior to everyone around here. And he always manages to claim he never meant what he clearly said.

You really are a bitter little human being aren't you? Following me around lying about me. Pathetic...get a life son.

I call you stupid because you miss major facts. Such as the fact that Alli started this contest of intellect with talking about how he/she was a legal secretary, blah blah.

You really are a bitter little human being aren't you? Following me around lying about me. Pathetic...get a life son.

My life doesn't include claiming I am the smartest guy around. And while I call people dumb or ignorant I do not mean it in the way you mean it.There is really only a couple people on this board that are truly sub par in intelligence.

I do not have to validate myself, like you do, by claiming I am smarter than another poster. Nor is it a valid argument tactic. And almost everyone on this board knows that playing games with words is an excuse to pretend your smarter than everyone else. You can not and will not even own up to anything you stand for except being smarter than someone.

Everything else becomes a game of " I never said that" or " I didn't mean that" You make statements and then when called on them try to use word games and redefining words to claim you never said it.

You also think that because you said it, it there for is true and much smarter than anyone else's point. You think this is a high school debating match and if you score points by twisting what was said or redefining words you some how have won.

I bet Clinton's " it depends on what the word is means" makes him your hero.

Now there is something we can compare ON this board to determine which of us has posted things others agree with.

And you lose big time on that comparison.

Actually, I think you'll find that game was started by Allie baby.... and she really has no justification for it.

Actually, no, I didn't start that game. I don't even think I've participated in that game. I've just put up with it from you and Larkinn.

I didn't say anything about being a legal secretary until I got a couple of twittish posts about how simple, deluded, and clueless I was about the law. Because I don't like Sandra. Apparently, if you don't like Sandra, you must not know anything about anything.

Actually, no, I didn't start that game. I don't even think I've participated in that game. I've just put up with it from you and Larkinn.

I didn't say anything about being a legal secretary until I got a couple of twittish posts about how simple, deluded, and clueless I was about the law. Because I don't like Sandra. Apparently, if you don't like Sandra, you must not know anything about anything.

Actually, you are simple, deluded and clueless about the law.... not just because you think Sandra Day O'Conner is a "psychopath" (which is insane, btw)... but because your posts proved you to be. It just makes you look silly when you start claiming more expertise than people who earn their living at it. (And no, that doesn't mean I am a Constitutional Scholar ... but you certainly aren't).

Actually, you are simple, deluded and clueless about the law.... not just because you think Sandra Day O'Conner is a "psychopath" (which is insane, btw)... but because your posts proved you to be. It just makes you look silly when you start claiming more expertise than people who earn their living at it. (And no, that doesn't mean I am a Constitutional Scholar ... but you certainly aren't).

We're just so lucky to have you around to hate ignorance. You've certainly enlightened me.

Actually, no, you haven't. You've just affirmed that every negative view I've ever held concerning liberals is dead, dead on. They're shallow, self-righteous, self-important morons.

My life doesn't include claiming I am the smartest guy around. And while I call people dumb or ignorant I do not mean it in the way you mean it.There is really only a couple people on this board that are truly sub par in intelligence.

I've never claimed I was the smartest guy around, or even on these boards. But then again, you are a bitter pathetic liar, so what else is new.

I do not have to validate myself, like you do, by claiming I am smarter than another poster. Nor is it a valid argument tactic.

I don't use it as an argument tactic. I call things like I see them. You are stupid and if I feel that, I will say it. That is not a logical argument, and I have never used it as one, it is merely an opinion.

And almost everyone on this board knows that playing games with words is an excuse to pretend your smarter than everyone else.

More accusations you can't back up. What a surprise.

You can not and will not even own up to anything you stand for except being smarter than someone.

I do own up for what I stand for, I just won't own up for obvious misinterpretations from morons like you. When I ask you to go back and find a quote of something that I said, and you don't even TRY, its obvious you are just lying. Its a pity you aren't man enough to admit it.

Everything else becomes a game of " I never said that" or " I didn't mean that"

Learn to read, and I won't have to keep saying that.

You make statements and then when called on them try to use word games and redefining words to claim you never said it.

More unfounded accusations. What a surprise.

You also think that because you said it, it there for is true and much smarter than anyone else's point.

Umm, no. But thanks for trying.

Now there is something we can compare ON this board to determine which of us has posted things others agree with.

And you lose big time on that comparison.

Congratulations on yet another logical flaw. Appeal to popular authority.

Of course the courts should, in general where all else is equal, award primary custody of the children to the mother.

Men and women in general have different attitudes towards their offspring, and these different attitudes are rooted in their different biology.

And the attitudes of women towards their children are better for their upbringing, in general.

I know there are some people who believe the differences between the two sexes are all a result of socialization. But this is a foolish belief. God help us if the courts start making judgements on the basis of some nutty feminist ideology.

Of course the courts should, in general where all else is equal, award primary custody of the children to the mother.

Men and women in general have different attitudes towards their offspring, and these different attitudes are rooted in their different biology.

And the attitudes of women towards their children are better for their upbringing, in general.

I know there are some people who believe the differences between the two sexes are all a result of socialization. But this is a foolish belief. God help us if the courts start making judgements on the basis of some nutty feminist ideology.

What the courts should do is award custody to the primary care provider, in instances where all else is equal. If the mom has been staying home with the kids and spends the most time with them, then she should get custody. If it's the dad doing the lion's share of the parenting, then he is the one who gets them. That's the way the courts are supposed to figure it, at least in Oregon.

Generally, it's the mom if the kids are younger. When they get older and the parents cannot come to a decision on their own, the kids often are allowed a say during mediation about who they want to stay with most of the time, if for whatever reason joint custody isn't an option. Which sometimes it isn't, because the parents live far apart, or because of the types of work they do or whatever.

Forum List

Back