Somalia Pirate Follow Up

Just A Man

Apr 10, 2009
Our next step to the Somalia pirates problem is to solicit help from our friends' navies and execute a naval blockade around Somalia. We then decide what ships or boats are allowed in or out of their country. If our "friends" won't participate the U.S. should go it alone. We would need destroyers and patrol boats on the sea and a carrier for quick action to launch fighter aircraft including several AWACs. Our radar, drones and satellite views will tell us when a row boat leaves Somalia shoreline. We did it to Cuba and we can do it to Somalia.

I have a better idea. It will seem very WEIRD----but I believe it will work. All cases of islamic terrorism---which I believe can be said of the piracy activities-----should be met by confiscation of MOSQUES. No one gets killed no expense. Simply confiscate a few mosques and sell them at auction. They could make nice department stores or condominiums Such moves would have a very big EMOTIONAL impact on muslims. In the US---we have laws making the confiscation of houses and vehicles used in drug trade----legal. If a kid takes mom's car and goes out to buy drugs-----the car can be confiscated and sold. Sounds silly and even unfair-----but it does help Mom's make sure their kids do not drive into the city to buy drugs

Our next step to the Somalia pirates problem is to solicit help from our friends' navies and execute a naval blockade around Somalia. We then decide what ships or boats are allowed in or out of their country. If our "friends" won't participate the U.S. should go it alone. We would need destroyers and patrol boats on the sea and a carrier for quick action to launch fighter aircraft including several AWACs. Our radar, drones and satellite views will tell us when a row boat leaves Somalia shoreline. We did it to Cuba and we can do it to Somalia.

Why must we do this?

Why must it always fall to the US taxpayer to pay for the dirty work?

Let the merchant marine navies arm themselves as they did during WWII.

OR let them pay the USA to undertake that task.

The USA bearly has a merchant marine for crimminy's sakes.

Let the people who make money moving the world's commerce pay for this task.

I'm so sick of the American people having to pay for protecting the people who freaking HATE the United State government (and its people!) UNTIL they need our military to protect them, and then they're suddenly all patriots

Last edited:

1. Boats should all stay on a "main route" so the police have less ground to cover.

2. I hope Republicans don't bust Obama's balls for us killing those pirates, because this is the kind of situation where we don't know if what we did makes us more or less safe. But Republicans have no room to talk because they would have called Obama a pussy if he didn't get that captain back safe.

3. We can't have every ship armed to fight, or we need to expect that foreign vessels will be coming to American ports armed and dangerous too.

I have a better idea. It will seem very WEIRD----but I believe it will work. All cases of islamic terrorism---which I believe can be said of the piracy activities-----should be met by confiscation of MOSQUES. No one gets killed no expense. Simply confiscate a few mosques and sell them at auction. They could make nice department stores or condominiums Such moves would have a very big EMOTIONAL impact on muslims. In the US---we have laws making the confiscation of houses and vehicles used in drug trade----legal. If a kid takes mom's car and goes out to buy drugs-----the car can be confiscated and sold. Sounds silly and even unfair-----but it does help Mom's make sure their kids do not drive into the city to buy drugs

I assume you mean mosques in the U.S. I have no problem with your idea. Heck we freeze their bank accounts so take their mosques :clap2:

We still could do my idea as we need to stop the pirates from setting out to sea. Shut 'em down on all fronts.

Why must we do this?
Why must it always fall to the US taxpayer to pay for the dirty work?

editec -- You ask a good question and I appreciate your frustration and perception that we are hated but then we are the protector of many people and countries. As a vet let me say this -- We must do it as we have the machinery and the trained personnel. The military trains every day playing war games. They don't just set in the barracks waiting for a war to break out or we get attacked. So actually there is no cost, or I should say extra cost for the U.S.

And there is always the possibility we might get help in material and manpower or we might get paid, under the table.

2. I hope Republicans don't bust Obama's balls for us killing those pirates, because this is the kind of situation where we don't know if what we did makes us more or less safe. But Republicans have no room to talk because they would have called Obama a pussy if he didn't get that captain back safe.

I'm a republican and I didn't vote for Obama -- but I salute him for letting the military take action.

3. We can't have every ship armed to fight, or we need to expect that foreign vessels will be coming to American ports armed and dangerous too.

I'm willing to take that chance. Each ship has radar and radar operators to alert them when a boat approaches. Challenge the boat with the threat to kill the occupants if they continue to approach. Then follow through with the threat. The pirates will learn real fast.

Kind of an extreme reaction for one kidnapped American, no?

Not if it was me who was kidnapped.

Swift action by the U.S. will bring bring a stop to the pirates and prevent any more innocents being killed. Go Navy :clap2:

"A stitch in time saves nine."

Forum List

Back