Solving crime problem in the American Ghetto

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
The classic film, "The Black Gestapo" gives a very realistic view of an approach worth looking at.

The protagonists in the film confront the problem of Honky Violence and gangsters in the city of Watts,California.

A measured response which works IMHO.

There is no city of Watts.
It's a neighborhood that borders Compton, CA. There was a riot there once if memory serves me right. I lived a block away from Watts, and it was a scary place. Couple of punks tried to break into my apartment while I was at home. It made moving day a celebration.

I can take your word for it that Watts is not formally a "city", although Tupac refers to the "City of Watts" in his classic number, so poetically, in some people's views, Watts is indeed a city.

It's a neighborhood that borders Compton, CA. There was a riot there once if memory serves me right. I lived a block away from Watts, and it was a scary place. Couple of punks tried to break into my apartment while I was at home. It made moving day a celebration.
I lived in Compton during the Watts riots. I was on the inside of the perimeter alone with a baby.

I lived in Compton during the Watts riots. I was on the inside of the perimeter alone with a baby.
Wow. I lived there a couple of years later and my son was born near the end of 1967. After he was born, I went to work at Sears to help pay for the hospital bills, etc. It was hard giving him up to a baby sitter when he was so cute, but we needed the money to meet expenses. I did statistical typing for the auditor of the store. Well, it was a job. We moved to Wyoming in the Spring of '69. It snowed like mad the second day we were there. I hadn't seen snow since 1953, when Dad was in the Army at Ft. Richardson, AK. lol

New Topics

Forum List

Back