Solution to Super Bowl Halftime Shows

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
I think the halftime shows are great the way they are. If you don't like them, that's cool. For every person that likes the show, there will be at least one who disapproves.

My issue is with the spectacle quality of it. You're putting a stage on the field. Stages can have nails, screws, bolts, small pieces, etc... These could come off and stay on the field injuring a player in the 2nd half. There seems to be always pyrotechnics during the thing. In a domed stadium, the resulting smoke and smell stay in the facility obstructing the view of upper deck patrons.

What I think they should do is draft an all-star compliment of the marching bands in the PBCU campuses in the South. Let them do a 10-15 minute set with their precision marches and energy and then just resume the game as you would normally. Or, if there is a an NCAA competition for marching bands, draw a select compliment from there outside of the PBCU qualifications.

Its a win-win-win. You lose all of this drama of the show itself (will Niki Minaj (sp?) shoot the finger at someone, will there be a wardrobe malfunction, will X do Y)? I can't believe that any advertiser would pay significant money to sponsor this show outside of what they would pay for a commercial or two during the show. And it would be a damn nice thing to do for kids who likely will never be able to attend an event like it ever again. And lets not kid ourselves; if you go the route of using the PBCU, you do get some brownie points with that segment of the population so maybe when the Chargers or Cardinals come to you and want to get a stadium approved; perhaps there are a few hundred more votes in the bank than there would be otherwise.

Above all that; it would be doing a nice thing simply for the sake of being nice. Few entities in America ever seem to do anything unless they are forced either by laws or by public pressure. And they usually pass the costs along to whomever their consumers are.

Forum List

Back