Solution For Illegal Immigration (residence And Entry)

When you coerce people to work by threat, it is slave labor.

I supprt enforcing the laws we have. Apprehend, detain and deport. If you want to come, fill out the papers and come through the gate.

I do not however, support exploiting other human beings on a conditional basis by dangling a carrot in front of them. That is SO against what this Nation was founded on and allegedly stands for.

Yes, what we've done is create an entirely new social class. We now have an extremely poor, illegal immigrant class of people. I don't have a problem with someone coming over legally and doing it the right way, because, in my opinion, if you're not willing to observe the law upon entry, you're just as likely to not observe it once you're here.

Why would you advocate taking kids away from their parents? That's about as cold-hearted as it gets.

It would only take a few, and then the rest would "choose" not to have their children in this country.

Or, the parents could be told to take their children home to the parents' country, after signing a document that that child would never petition for the parents, based on the fact of the parents illegal entry into the US.

The threat stops the anchor thing......

Try again. I beleive I already have posted at the beginning of this thread that the 14th Amendment does NOT support such. Only an unquestioned assumption does.

Frant it was written to protect the freemen, but it says what it says.

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Frant it was written to protect the freemen, but it says what it says.

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

I understand what it says. I also know it doesn't require a PHD to understand that granting anchor babies citizenship is not the intent of the Amendment, nor was it even a consideration at the time it was written. It takes a liberal interpretation to use the Amendment to allow anchor babies citizenship since that particular problem is not addressed at all.

Anchor babies are a problem that surfaced after the Amendment was written, so the law needs to be amended to cover this area of citizenship.

The only way the 14th covers anchor babies is if you remove the context/circumstances of the child's birth. The child's mother is in this nation illegally. She has no rights. She and anything she brings should be apprehended, processed and deported. I don't see rewarding her criminal activity by granting citizenship to her offspring as being in keeping with intent of the law.

The crime is not irrelvant to the child's birth. The child's birth is consequential to the crime.

I've got a whole LOT of problems with your "solution." The first and most obvious is you want to basically enslave them to the government.

While they are paying for this "compensation fund," and social security and FICA, where is this income coming from? Most illegals are unskilled labor. That means minimum wage, at least until the employers currently hiring illegals can get rid of them and hire new illegals. Then they're paying your fund with taxpayers dollars in the forms of unemployment and welfare.

Congratulations. You've just created a whole new bottom-rung class to be supported by taxpayers via handout programs.

You give him too much credit Gunny.

The government does that without much help, and generally does a much better job.

But, I must say, he makes some good points, and that's more than I can say for those that are supposed to be running our country.

When you coerce people to work by threat, it is slave labor.

I supprt enforcing the laws we have. Apprehend, detain and deport. If you want to come, fill out the papers and come through the gate.

I do not however, support exploiting other human beings on a conditional basis by dangling a carrot in front of them. That is SO against what this Nation was founded on and allegedly stands for.

OK, for the third time you are wrong. When anyone violates the laws (illegal entry, illegal residence) of our country, there can be consequences (prison, a fine, probation, community service-- even the ACLU does not contest that fact). If you are still confused, try your theory of law with a local legal counsel. A professional will be able to read your body language to determine the reason for your repeated errors. And on a side note about indirect questions (minimum wage, anchor children) from other posts. In my solution when illegal residents register they must answer such questions as where do they work?, what jobs do they have?, and how much are they paid?. This will answer the debate concerning minimum wage. Other questions will be do they get government aid? what kind? how much? and for what reason?, such as for an anchor child. Any such aid is to be paid by the probation compensation fund-- not the U.S. taxpayer.

Forum List

Back