Solstice is coming!

If you listen to the mayans, it is the finish line for reality next year.

Have your bags packed.

in reality the mayans dont believe that stuff....they have calendars that go beyond that date...many of them...they laugh at people for thinking one calendar will determine the fate of the world

its sunspots i tellz ya

in reality the mayans dont believe that stuff....they have calendars that go beyond that date...many of them...they laugh at people for thinking one calendar will determine the fate of the world

its sunspots i tellz ya
I sure don't believe them either. I think they just got sick of counting and figured they'd start up again when they got closer.

Given the various swords of damacles hanging 'or our heads, the economy, the climate, the various hots spots where players have or trying to get nuclear weapons?

The belief that mankind will experience some kind of MAJOR CHANGE in the world and his place in it, doesn't seem all that far-fetched.

Not that I believe in omens and prophecies and such, but the coincidental nature of that prophecy coupled with the unrest in the world does make one wonder.

I am informed tht ther Mayan calendar does not prophesize an END to the world, merely a dramatic change.

To me a dramatic change in our world seems not only likely, but inevitable.

Why?

Because it is drop dead obvious to me that the systems we have now aren't serving us well in the society we are becoming.

I think we've already stepped over various social-event-horizons that are going to force mankind to change society and the individual's place in it.

Our advancing technology all by itself is going to FORCE us to RETHINK how our society is structured.

To some extent, the economic meltdown is but a symptom of that change.

Doubt me?

Okay, the economic system that is crashing right now, could never have developed in the way it did without computers having become ubiquitous.

That is merely one very tiny example of how our society is changing thanks to technology, and how those changes are giving mankind's social system serious growing pains.

Last edited:
This is the darkest time of the year, but on Solstice, we begin to return to the light.

Remember, whatever darkness befalls you this year, that it's temporary.
Yep. Just like the script tells it. The son(sun)" dies" on dec 22 then it goes to it's absolute lowest spot and remains "dead" for three dayz (daze) then it (sun-son) rises and is reborn on the 25th ! Hallyloui ! or Huey Lewis..whatevah.
A few months later the sheep gather for a sunrise service, also known a passover, the day the sun(son) passes over the equator.
The son-sun moves exactly one degree every single day of duh year but 3. While it's in duh grave.
Doncha just hate the truth.:eusa_shhh:

This is the darkest time of the year, but on Solstice, we begin to return to the light.

Remember, whatever darkness befalls you this year, that it's temporary.

I really wasn't worried about it.

Im fairly confident that most people who are older than 3 arent.

Winter Solstice is a recognition of the apex of this hemisphere's sleep cycle for nature, and an affirmation of the beginning time of longer days of life giving light. It's also a metaphorical inspiration that our travails are short-lived in the grand scheme of these cycles.

Get over yourselves and get with the program and stop trying to read nonsense into sense.

New Topics

Forum List

Back