Solo Travel?

There are some great little pubs right around there.....one of my favorites...The Playwright. The Carnegie Deli is always a good place to eat (but bring your apetitie)

Lots to see and do in the city!

dmp said:
Was browsing sidestep.com - saw a deal for $300 to new york, then a few hundred for a hotel downtown.

I've never been to NYC, and was thinking it might be kind of fun to go for a long weekend. Stay downtown, see a few places, at my own pace and junk.

Anyone done a trip by their selves? Is it lame to go somewhere w/o knowing anyone or having a companion?

traveled most of europe by myself for a year......my advice....leave today

dmp said:
Was browsing sidestep.com - saw a deal for $300 to new york, then a few hundred for a hotel downtown.

I've never been to NYC, and was thinking it might be kind of fun to go for a long weekend. Stay downtown, see a few places, at my own pace and junk.

Anyone done a trip by their selves? Is it lame to go somewhere w/o knowing anyone or having a companion?

It leaves one free to do what they want when they want...and forces ya to interact with others rather than your travel mate...and it's much cheaper!
As for NYC only been there twice in my life and did not like it very much...people are way to cold and self concerned with their own space...but if ya are looking for the "Uptown Girl" I suppose it could be interesting! :)

Forum List

Back