Solo, a star wars story.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Watched it last night. Kind of a slow burn and felt very much like it was targeted at teenagers with a lot of cringy dialogue.
It can also be confusing if you are unfamiliar with all the lore.
Looks like a set up for a Jaba movie or even Darth Maul.
Worst Star Wars movie since the prequels.

Watched it last night. Kind of a slow burn and felt very much like it was targeted at teenagers with a lot of cringy dialogue.
It can also be confusing if you are unfamiliar with all the lore.
Looks like a set up for a Jaba movie or even Darth Maul.
Worst Star Wars movie since the prequels.
Hans Solo was one of the best characters in the original trilogy (the ONLY ones that mattered).

Yuck it up, fuzzball!

Leia: 'You stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf herder'
Solo: 'Who says I'm scruffy looking?'

After Last Jedi, Star Wars movies are a wait to DVD for me. I don't even care about spoilers. It's cool they brought back Darth Maul though.

After Last Jedi, Star Wars movies are a wait to DVD for me. I don't even care about spoilers. It's cool they brought back Darth Maul though.

The guy was cut in half and dropped down a 1000 foot pit!

Hmm I was thinking that it works because Han was a lot older than Luke and Leia, but then again Chewbacca was in the prequels without Han. Is Maul half robot in this one?

Hmm I was thinking that it works because Han was a lot older than Luke and Leia, but then again Chewbacca was in the prequels without Han.

They said as far back as A New Hope that Chewbacca is over 100 years old, and they repeated it in this movie.

Is Maul half robot in this one?

Yes, he is. Which again, is kind of silly. It was kind of the worst sort of Fan Service.

We saw it over the weekend.
I would say 3.5 stars (of 5)
It was a decent movie, I always try to weigh it as it's own movie and not compare to others in the franchise.
Having said that, Disney is walking that fine line between continuing the series in a good way - and jumping the shark.
This film wobbled that line to me.
Started out like Granpa mentioned - a little juvenile, even hokey at times but as the film played out it got better. Decent action, suspense to keep you interested.
What it was missing was the ultimate cool character that all other films have. There was none.

Last edited:
Solo was ten times better than the last 2--Force Awakens and Last Jedi

I enjoyed Solo. It got a lot of hate that I didn’t understand from fans, but the story was entertaining and the actors did a good job.

I enjoyed Solo. It got a lot of hate that I didn’t understand from fans, but the story was entertaining and the actors did a good job.
Ehrenreich did a fantastic job in seeming to be like a young Solo
I thought he did a good job also. Kind of hard to follow in Harrison Ford’s shoes but he had several Han solo quirks down pretty good I thought.

Forum List

Back