Solid U.S. Hiring Likely, But Americans Are Anxious

R

rdean

Just after a midterm election that was driven by voters' anxiety about the U.S. economy, the government is likely Friday to report the latest strong monthly job gain.

Employers are expected to have added 230,000 jobs in October, according to economists surveyed by FactSet. That would be in line with this year's average monthly gain of 227,000, the best since 1999.

In addition, the pickup in hiring still hasn't been enough to fully repair the recession's damage, Vitner points out. There are 2.2 million fewer people with full-time jobs than in December 2007, when the recession officially began. Over the same time, the ranks of part-time workers have grown by 2.5 million, many of whom want full-time jobs.

Payroll processor ADP estimated Wednesday that private businesses added 230,000 jobs in October, the most in four months. And last month, the average number of people who applied for unemployment benefits each week reached a 14-year low.

Over the past six months, the economy has grown at a 4.1 percent annual rate.

U.S. manufacturers are expanding at the fastest pace in three years, according to a survey by the Institute for Supply Management, a trade group.

Solid U.S. Hiring Likely But Americans Are Anxious

--------------------------------

Did you see that? The recession began in 2007, two years before Obama was sworn into office. Right after Democrats took the house. Democrats were already handed a failing economy.

And what have Republicans done to help the country since the disasters they gave us? Nothing you say?

But now that Republicans are back in power, I suspect things will get worse before they get better. When have GOP policies in the last 30 years helped anyone except millionaires and billionaires?

But it's not all gloomy. Too bad Republicans don't believe in education. Engineers are doing pretty well. The average salary is over $89,000.00

---------------------------------

2014 Machine Design Salary Survey Community content from Machine Design

salary_region.gif

Drilling deeper into the data reveals that the engineers most concerned about age discrimination are the 35 to 39 year olds, with approximately 20% “losing sleep” over it. Of those you would think most concerned about age discrimination, engineers with more than 40 years engineering experience, only 10% include it on their list of concerns.

ObamaCare continuing to drive the US economy into a part-time, food stamp based economy

About 14% unemployment in Southern Colorado and several rural communities look like ghost towns. 30% business closures in closest town to me (Monte Vista) since the crash. 44% of rural children are on food stamps. 3.5 million Americans living in tents. Tell me about the great economy, dean...idiot.

About 14% unemployment in Southern Colorado and several rural communities look like ghost towns. 30% business closures in closest town to me (Monte Vista) since the crash. 44% of rural children are on food stamps. 3.5 million Americans living in tents. Tell me about the great economy, dean...idiot.

Poor children? Americans living in tents? Sounds like part of the GOP economic plan. Remember, Republicans only want to help the wealthy. Their plan to help the middle class and the poor is to abolish the minimum wage and end benefits. How can you not know that?

And you call me an idiot? You're a tard.

Forum List

Back