Soldiers In Afghanistan Burn Annoying Bill O’Reilly Books Someone Sent

Of course, take it up with them..
He's not responsible for the crap he dumps on the board.

Some misguided wingnut (whoops, that’s a redunderancy there!) thought that the most critical entertainment items to mail all the way overseas to a bunch of U.S. troops stationed in Bumblefuck, Afghanistan were a couple boxes of crazed loofah-humper Bill O’Reilly’s book Pinheads and Patriots, presumably on the assumption that soldiers would enjoy masturbating to O’Reilly’s noxious screeds just as much as right-wing idiots. Wrong! Instead, the soldiers did the sensible thing and set them on fire. From the Everqueer tumblr, which is maintained by an anonymous soldier:

Some jerk sent us two boxes of this awful book (SPOILER ALERT: George Washington – Patriot; George Soros – Pinhead) instead of anything soldiers at a remote outpost in Afghanistan might need, like, say, food or soap. Just burned the whole lot of them on my Commander’s orders.

The soldier later noted that this was mostly to preserve space, but that, eh, he still enjoyed burning them.

The motivation behind the order to burn them was not political. As mentioned in the original post, we are in an extraordinarily remote location. We don’t have a post office here, so sending them back wasn’t an option. Extra space is scarce and alternatives that a few mentioned, like recycling, are nonexistent. All waste is burned on the base and in town; wood and paper goes in that barrel. I was getting rid of a bunch of cardboard boxes and the books were in the burn pile. There were 20 of them. I saved one for the bookshelf. I’m aware of the historical implications of book-burning. I won’t say I didn’t take pleasure in removing a few copies of this bigoted twerp’s writings from circulation, but the reason for doing so was military necessity.

Sure sure, “military necessity,” but it would have been fine just to say it was because Bill O’Reilly is a “bigoted twerp,” because that’s all that needs to be said.

they enjoyed burning them

Fucking liar

Some misguided wingnut (whoops, that’s a redunderancy there!) thought that the most critical entertainment items to mail all the way overseas to a bunch of U.S. troops stationed in Bumblefuck, Afghanistan were a couple boxes of crazed loofah-humper Bill O’Reilly’s book Pinheads and Patriots, presumably on the assumption that soldiers would enjoy masturbating to O’Reilly’s noxious screeds just as much as right-wing idiots. Wrong! Instead, the soldiers did the sensible thing and set them on fire. From the Everqueer tumblr, which is maintained by an anonymous soldier:

Some jerk sent us two boxes of this awful book (SPOILER ALERT: George Washington – Patriot; George Soros – Pinhead) instead of anything soldiers at a remote outpost in Afghanistan might need, like, say, food or soap. Just burned the whole lot of them on my Commander’s orders.

The soldier later noted that this was mostly to preserve space, but that, eh, he still enjoyed burning them.

The motivation behind the order to burn them was not political. As mentioned in the original post, we are in an extraordinarily remote location. We don’t have a post office here, so sending them back wasn’t an option. Extra space is scarce and alternatives that a few mentioned, like recycling, are nonexistent. All waste is burned on the base and in town; wood and paper goes in that barrel. I was getting rid of a bunch of cardboard boxes and the books were in the burn pile. There were 20 of them. I saved one for the bookshelf. I’m aware of the historical implications of book-burning. I won’t say I didn’t take pleasure in removing a few copies of this bigoted twerp’s writings from circulation, but the reason for doing so was military necessity.

Sure sure, “military necessity,” but it would have been fine just to say it was because Bill O’Reilly is a “bigoted twerp,” because that’s all that needs to be said.

Liar. You want to explain how "I" is a "they"?

Some of us have to work.... to pay taxes so lazy asses like you don't have to. You're welcome.
Hookers pay taxes? Who knew?

Ever notice that no matter what the fuck the topic is, California Girl always has a load of 'been there done that' expertise to roll out?

That is classic pathological lying. You talk about the military, all of the sudden she's got a hundred military friends and relatives.

Bring up scuba diving and she'll suddenly be Lloyd Bridges' granddaughter. :lol::lol::lol:

Nothing 'sudden' about it. I've never hidden my strong connections to the US Military. But please do carry on lying about me. Rational people can see where the bullshit and hyperbole is coming from... and it ain't me. :lol:

Oh, and it's more than 100. :eusa_angel:

Liar. You want to explain how "I" is a "they"?

The concept of individuals is foreign to members of the collective.

Borg-children.jpg

Ever notice that no matter what the fuck the topic is, California Girl always has a load of 'been there done that' expertise to roll out?

That is classic pathological lying. You talk about the military, all of the sudden she's got a hundred military friends and relatives.

Bring up scuba diving and she'll suddenly be Lloyd Bridges' granddaughter. :lol::lol::lol:

Nothing 'sudden' about it. I've never hidden my strong connections to the US Military. But please do carry on lying about me. Rational people can see where the bullshit and hyperbole is coming from... and it ain't me. :lol:

Whisper Alley. :lol:

What's your background, asshole? Seems all you do is "wax-poetic" with your theories. Military/government affairs experience? Or, just sitting around the trailer in a bathrobe playing with yourself?

What? So you can say I'm making claims I can't prove just like CG is? Good try.

Your strong connections to the military are like your secret sources for news.

Reading that reminded me of a pic my bro sent me when he was in Afghanistan. They regularly burn stuff - as the OP glosses over, to save space which is at a premium when living in very cramped conditions. Anyway, pic was of a 'book burning'.... and included copies of "Dreams of My Father". My brothers comment on the pic was "USMC Treasonous Activities".

I found that funny.

Your first instinct is to lie. It must be in your DNA (that's science, wingnut).

And its the instinct of the left to burn books, and to glorify the burning of books of those who they disagree with. There was another famous lefty who did the same thing.

2865398363_ba996e4e0d.jpg

Really? I'm a lefty surrounded by lefties, and I can tell you for sure and true (as I JUST posted in the other thread) Books should never be burned. Never ever.

Nice job with the Godwin, though.

Your first instinct is to lie. It must be in your DNA (that's science, wingnut).

And its the instinct of the left to burn books, and to glorify the burning of books of those who they disagree with. There was another famous lefty who did the same thing.

2865398363_ba996e4e0d.jpg

Really? I'm a lefty surrounded by lefties, and I can tell you for sure and true (as I JUST posted in the other thread) Books should never be burned. Never ever.

Nice job with the Godwin, though.

Just how stupid are you?

They're on an FOB. They burn stuff because they need the SPACE. Not because they disagree with O'Reilly.

Can you, just once in a while, use your fucking brain before you post?

Truth is most of the troops are apolitical. Most of their time is spent thinking of sports ,women and beer.

True, if reading material is sent, its best to send stuff that can be folded and stuffed, as well as munchies, and hard candies. The only objection I had to the article was that it implied that the books were burnt out of political philosophy.

Truth is most of the troops are apolitical. Most of their time is spent thinking of sports ,women and beer.

Yea, now that you've been shown to be a partisan moron who uses bullshit to create a drama, suddenly, you backtrack and hope no one will notice.

Twit.

True, if reading material is sent, its best to send stuff that can be folded and stuffed, as well as munchies, and hard candies. The only objection I had to the article was that it implied that the books were burnt out of political philosophy.

Actually, I often send a book in my care packages. Mainly because I know that they like to have stuff to read. And I know that they'll pass it around when they finish it so one book can impact on a lot of guys and gals out there.

They deserve to be treated with respect, not used for political point scoring by fucking morons on message boards.

Actually, I often send a book in my care packages. Mainly because I know that they like to have stuff to read. And I know that they'll pass it around when they finish it so one book can impact on a lot of guys and gals out there.

They deserve to be treated with respect, not used for political point scoring by fucking morons on message boards.

Agreed. I go by the request I get from my nephew.

Flea collars.

Trucking Magazine (got him a subscription).

Bag of atomic fire balls.

Bag of Jolie Ranchers.

And TP. A roll of TP has many uses other then its intended purpose.

This is pretty similar to what I asked for when I was in. Magazines are very tradeable, and dont take much room or weight.

Yea, now that you've been shown to be a partisan moron who uses bullshit to create a drama, suddenly, you backtrack and hope no one will notice.

Twit.

you couldn't get that with the lol in original post? ok pot !

yeah I was just taking a lighthearted jab.

I need some factual backup for that assertion, por favor. Mucho gracias.

Yo quiero, Taco Bell. :D

Felice Navidad.

Okay, I'm tapped.

being an ex-sailor and a man i base that on assumptions based on my personal experience. I did see a study where most young men in their prime think about sex something like every seconds but i don't have a link.

Forum List

Back