Soldiers In Afghanistan Burn Annoying Bill O’Reilly Books Someone Sent

Soldiers In Afghanistan Burn Annoying Bill O’Reilly Books Someone Sent

Some misguided wingnut (whoops, that’s a redunderancy there!) thought that the most critical entertainment items to mail all the way overseas to a bunch of U.S. troops stationed in Bumblefuck, Afghanistan were a couple boxes of crazed loofah-humper Bill O’Reilly’s book Pinheads and Patriots, presumably on the assumption that soldiers would enjoy masturbating to O’Reilly’s noxious screeds just as much as right-wing idiots. Wrong! Instead, the soldiers did the sensible thing and set them on fire. From the Everqueer tumblr, which is maintained by an anonymous soldier:

Some jerk sent us two boxes of this awful book (SPOILER ALERT: George Washington – Patriot; George Soros – Pinhead) instead of anything soldiers at a remote outpost in Afghanistan might need, like, say, food or soap. Just burned the whole lot of them on my Commander’s orders.

The soldier later noted that this was mostly to preserve space, but that, eh, he still enjoyed burning them.

The motivation behind the order to burn them was not political. As mentioned in the original post, we are in an extraordinarily remote location. We don’t have a post office here, so sending them back wasn’t an option. Extra space is scarce and alternatives that a few mentioned, like recycling, are nonexistent. All waste is burned on the base and in town; wood and paper goes in that barrel. I was getting rid of a bunch of cardboard boxes and the books were in the burn pile. There were 20 of them. I saved one for the bookshelf. I’m aware of the historical implications of book-burning. I won’t say I didn’t take pleasure in removing a few copies of this bigoted twerp’s writings from circulation, but the reason for doing so was military necessity.

Sure sure, “military necessity,” but it would have been fine just to say it was because Bill O’Reilly is a “bigoted twerp,” because that’s all that needs to be said.

and what? does that send a thrill up your leg or something?
And of course we had to get the BIG BOLDED HEADLINE with it.
the shallowness of some you here is something to behold

Last edited:
You made it sound when you started that the books were burned because the troops did not like them. Then you backed down and admitted they were burned because they were just extra paper.

When someone calls you on it, they are the liar?

O'Reilly's audience is overwhelmingly over-50 conservatives. The idea that his tedious rantings would have any interest for 20-somethings, military or otherwise, is absurd.

His books are an easy read, written at about the 9th grade level. If a book written at that level can stir your emotions to the degree you appear frightened of them, then it says more about the people who want them to be burned than it does about the soldiers who burn them OR the people who enjoy reading them.

Reading that reminded me of a pic my bro sent me when he was in Afghanistan. They regularly burn stuff - as the OP glosses over, to save space which is at a premium when living in very cramped conditions. Anyway, pic was of a 'book burning'.... and included copies of "Dreams of My Father". My brothers comment on the pic was "USMC Treasonous Activities".

I found that funny.

Your first instinct is to lie. It must be in your DNA (that's science, wingnut).

And its the instinct of the left to burn books, and to glorify the burning of books of those who they disagree with. There was another famous lefty who did the same thing.

2865398363_ba996e4e0d.jpg

Reading that reminded me of a pic my bro sent me when he was in Afghanistan. They regularly burn stuff - as the OP glosses over, to save space which is at a premium when living in very cramped conditions. Anyway, pic was of a 'book burning'.... and included copies of "Dreams of My Father". My brothers comment on the pic was "USMC Treasonous Activities".

I found that funny.

Your first instinct is to lie. It must be in your DNA (that's science, wingnut).

And its the instinct of the left to burn books, and to glorify the burning of books of those who they disagree with. There was another famous lefty who did the same thing.

Amen, that was my first impression, too. Another fanatical lefty who thinks book burning is a good thing.

I love it when people don't give a fuck so much that they go through the trouble of finding a photo and pasting it to let us all know how much they don't give a fuck.
clap.gif

Shouldn't you be sitting in a dark movie theater playing with yourself?

Notice to that he left out the part in the article where the soldier mentioned taking one of the books for the book shelf ? And I thought quotes from blogs didn't count as reliable .

You made it sound when you started that the books were burned because the troops did not like them. Then you backed down and admitted they were burned because they were just extra paper.

O'Reilly's audience is overwhelmingly over-50 conservatives. The idea that his tedious rantings would have any interest for 20-somethings, military or otherwise, is absurd.

You know what interests the military?

And yet, a 20-something military buddy of mine is currently reading 'Killing Lincoln' by... yep, Bill O'Reilly. How outrageous! And he's hispanic..... I guess he didn't get the memo that informed him that this is not suitable reading material.

Moron.

You know what interests the military?

:lol:

His books are an easy read, written at about the 9th grade level.

That sums up O'Reilly pretty well. :clap2:

If a book written at that level can stir your emotions to the degree you appear frightened of them,

Whom are you talking about? Everything in the OP comes from the soldier's mouth, none of it from me.

Another moron who can't click a link. :lol:

then it says more about the people who want them to be burned than it does about the soldiers who burn them OR the people who enjoy reading them.

That would be the soldiers, cupcake.

I found that funny.

Take it up with all those Lefty soldiers. :lol:

Notice to that he left out the part in the article where the soldier mentioned taking one of the books for the book shelf ? And I thought quotes from blogs didn't count as reliable .

It's sure obfuscation. Thanks for pointing it out.

And another neg rep from Coward Girl, who understandably has steered clear of defending her bullshit.

im sensing some sexual frustration here......

He likes it. He posts in this way so that he can feed into his desire to have women beat him up.

The funny thing is that he continues to do this thrust and complain at negs in a pattern and doesn't think those who are around here often are able to see it.

His complaints at negs? Women..... :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Take it up with all those Lefty soldiers. :lol:

Well, see they were not burning the books for the reason you said or implied they did. And they weren't burnt for the reason you wanted them to be burnt for. You also forgot to mention the guy kept one for the bookshelf. Why ?

And yet, a 20-something military buddy of mine is currently reading 'Killing Lincoln' by... yep, Bill O'Reilly. How outrageous! And he's hispanic..... I guess he didn't get the memo that informed him that this is not suitable reading material.

Moron.

He's probably just pretending to read it when you're around so he doesn't have to listen to your shit.

Forum List

Back