Soldiers In Afghanistan Burn Annoying Bill O’Reilly Books Someone Sent

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Soldiers In Afghanistan Burn Annoying Bill O’Reilly Books Someone Sent

Some misguided wingnut (whoops, that’s a redunderancy there!) thought that the most critical entertainment items to mail all the way overseas to a bunch of U.S. troops stationed in Bumblefuck, Afghanistan were a couple boxes of crazed loofah-humper Bill O’Reilly’s book Pinheads and Patriots, presumably on the assumption that soldiers would enjoy masturbating to O’Reilly’s noxious screeds just as much as right-wing idiots. Wrong! Instead, the soldiers did the sensible thing and set them on fire. From the Everqueer tumblr, which is maintained by an anonymous soldier:

Some jerk sent us two boxes of this awful book (SPOILER ALERT: George Washington – Patriot; George Soros – Pinhead) instead of anything soldiers at a remote outpost in Afghanistan might need, like, say, food or soap. Just burned the whole lot of them on my Commander’s orders.

The soldier later noted that this was mostly to preserve space, but that, eh, he still enjoyed burning them.

The motivation behind the order to burn them was not political. As mentioned in the original post, we are in an extraordinarily remote location. We don’t have a post office here, so sending them back wasn’t an option. Extra space is scarce and alternatives that a few mentioned, like recycling, are nonexistent. All waste is burned on the base and in town; wood and paper goes in that barrel. I was getting rid of a bunch of cardboard boxes and the books were in the burn pile. There were 20 of them. I saved one for the bookshelf. I’m aware of the historical implications of book-burning. I won’t say I didn’t take pleasure in removing a few copies of this bigoted twerp’s writings from circulation, but the reason for doing so was military necessity.

Sure sure, “military necessity,” but it would have been fine just to say it was because Bill O’Reilly is a “bigoted twerp,” because that’s all that needs to be said.

It is funny, Wonkette is just like the Onion in fooling people for years.

When I first saw this article, my thought was the Americans burning books should be expected, fewer can read every year.

Reading that reminded me of a pic my bro sent me when he was in Afghanistan. They regularly burn stuff - as the OP glosses over, to save space which is at a premium when living in very cramped conditions. Anyway, pic was of a 'book burning'.... and included copies of "Dreams of My Father". My brothers comment on the pic was "USMC Treasonous Activities".

I found that funny.

Last edited:
Reading that reminded me of a pic my bro sent me when he was in Afghanistan. They regularly burn stuff - as the OP glosses over, to save space which is at a premium when living in very cramped conditions. Anyway, pic was of a 'book burning'.... and included copies of "Dreams of My Father". My brothers comment on the pic was "USMC Treasonous Activities".

I found that funny.

Your first instinct is to lie. It must be in your DNA (that's science, wingnut).

And another neg rep from Coward Girl, who understandably has steered clear of defending her bullshit.

You made it sound when you started that the books were burned because the troops did not like them. Then you backed down and admitted they were burned because they were just extra paper.

When someone calls you on it, they are the liar?

I found that funny.

Your first instinct is to lie. It must be in your DNA (that's science, wingnut).

My first instinct is to point out your dishonesty. That's not lying, Synthia. It's truth. You made it about burning one specific book as tho the author was the problem. Fact is, they burn shit all the time.... but no one bothered to write about them burning Obama's book. Why? Would that cause the left to melt down and 'hate' the military.

You're nothing more than a hack... and not a very good one.

You made it sound when you started that the books were burned because the troops did not like them. Then you backed down and admitted they were burned because they were just extra paper.

She can't help it. She wouldn't recognize truth and reason if they came in book form.

Everything in the OP came from the linked story. I have not offered any opinion on this.

It helps if you actually click the links and read before commenting.
thumbsup.gif

I found that funny.

My first instinct is to point out your dishonesty. That's not lying, Synthia. It's truth. You made it about burning one specific book as tho the author was the problem. Fact is, they burn shit all the time.... but no one bothered to write about them burning Obama's book. Why? Would that cause the left to melt down and 'hate' the military.

You're nothing more than a hack... and not a very good one.

Another one who speaks first but can't be bothered to click the link. I can excuse Baruch, because he's generally pretty sharp, but you are terminally inept.

Now, make sure you neg rep me again little girl! :lol:

It's the only way that you can get your personal frustrations out out out!

I love it when people don't give a fuck so much that they go through the trouble of finding a photo and pasting it to let us all know how much they don't give a fuck.
clap.gif

I love it when people don't give a fuck so much that they go through the trouble of finding a photo and pasting it to let us all know how much they don't give a fuck.
clap.gif

how nice for you!

here's a picture of a cat.

enjoy!

2340.gif
I used to be allergic to cats, but don't seem to be any longer. This one didn't make me sneeze, at any rate.

Forum List

Back