Soldiers banned from marrying each other; those already married given ultimatum

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
THE Zimbabwe Defence Forces (ZDF) has banned serving soldiers from marrying each other and given those already married an ultimatum to comply with the order within six months.

Those already married must decide who between should leave the military bosses in that time, failing which both would be fired.

ZDF commander General Phillip Sibanda confirmed the so-called Fraternisation Policy in a statement Tuesday.

The move is reportedly aimed at addressing “current challenges where officers and non-commissioned members marry and violate the tenets of good order and military discipline”.

“The contravention of the Policy will see offenders being prosecuted in Terms of Paragraph 36 (scandalous conduct) of an officer and 37 (disgraceful conduct) of the First Schedule to Reference ‘A’ above,” reads General Sibanda’s statement.
Soldiers banned from marrying each other; those already married given ultimatum - NewZimbabwe.com

I wonder how many that will actually impact.

I've always chuckled at the complaints about gays in military service given that there's just as much distraction and that happens between heterosexuals in service.

THE Zimbabwe Defence Forces (ZDF) has banned serving soldiers from marrying each other and given those already married an ultimatum to comply with the order within six months.

Those already married must decide who between should leave the military bosses in that time, failing which both would be fired.

ZDF commander General Phillip Sibanda confirmed the so-called Fraternisation Policy in a statement Tuesday.

The move is reportedly aimed at addressing “current challenges where officers and non-commissioned members marry and violate the tenets of good order and military discipline”.

“The contravention of the Policy will see offenders being prosecuted in Terms of Paragraph 36 (scandalous conduct) of an officer and 37 (disgraceful conduct) of the First Schedule to Reference ‘A’ above,” reads General Sibanda’s statement.
Soldiers banned from marrying each other; those already married given ultimatum - NewZimbabwe.com

Huh......amazing......I was just thinking about this last night.:dunno:
What a coincidence.

Huh......amazing......I was just thinking about this last night.:dunno:
What a coincidence.

Ssshhhh....

My coffee is better than your coffee.

Banning marriage in the military?

Looks like they want an army of pedophiles then

Where will the RCC get their priests?

Banning marriage in the military?

Looks like they want an army of pedophiles then

Where will the RCC get their priests?
They want a bunch of Catholic priests.

81JQ%2Bm9N6VL.jpg

Which is why the RCC gives sermons on the evils of walls while ignoring abortion, which the RCC has classified as genocide.

I don't understand the reasons behind that....I mean what's the problem is soldiers marry each other? :dunno:

Forum List

Back