Soldier Says He Was Ordered to Delete Fort Hood Video

This is true, but for whatever reason, why the hell would anyone want to destroy it...

I hope they do a very deep investigation on this.

Probably because it showed people dying, and they didn't want it released on the internet.
Sometimes 2+2=4

Are soldiers trained in first aid?

Very much so, and this was a medical unit, if I remember right. Any way there were many of the troops there that started giving first aid almost immediately as I heard it.

I do not want to put down this man, because he probably went through a lot. But I would have been doing other things.

So, I deserved to be called out because I asked why he wasn't helping?
I am sorry, I have taken care of many people who were about to die, my first reaction was not to take a video of it.

I'm not ready to read into this. Just having trouble understanding why this would be significant. There were scores of witnesses who place Hasan at the site as the shooter. That's evidence enough to convict him ten times over.

As for the video taping and the NCO ordering that video deleted, that's a completely different issue that will have no bearing on Hasan's conviction.

Why would you take a video in the first place? I am sorry. When people are dying, my first response would not be to take a video of it.

You were not raised with a cell phone and YouTube in your pocket. Kids today think differently.

I'm not ready to read into this. Just having trouble understanding why this would be significant. There were scores of witnesses who place Hasan at the site as the shooter. That's evidence enough to convict him ten times over.

As for the video taping and the NCO ordering that video deleted, that's a completely different issue that will have no bearing on Hasan's conviction.

I agree. I do not know why he was told to delete the video, nor do I know what was on the video. It sounds like tampering with evidence, but the video might just show the wounded soldiers.

It was evidence regardless as to what was on it. No way should any NCO ordered it destroyed, and no way it should have been destroyed. At least not until the investigations and court case were over.

It was evidence regardless as to what was on it. No way should any NCO ordered it destroyed, and no way it should have been destroyed. At least not until the investigations and court case were over.

I actually agree with you completely. I just hope I am wrong.

I'm pretty sure that Obama orderd the video deleted to protect his fellow Muslim Hassan so we couldn't ....as Obama said "Jump to any conclusions".

Here's the problem with videos: they show everything...even things you didn't anticipate. It can make or break a case. I always thought it best to videotape a crime scene from beginning to end to document exactly how we found it. Our command counsel told us to stick with good old fashioned photography. It's a deliberate snapshot of one aspect of a scene; it keeps things in perspective; it's simple for juries to understand.

Videos, on the other hand, might backfire. Example given: cop sees a victim with multiple stab wounds and quips "that's the worst case of suicide I've ever seen." Gallows humor to be sure, but if captured on videotape, immediately questions the judgment, professionalism and credibility of the officer making the statement.

Again, don't know what was on the tape. Don't know why the soldier was instructed to delete it. Just know that this may not be a bad thing. I guess it all comes down to motive why the NCO told the troop to delete the tape.

Here's the problem with videos: they show everything...even things you didn't anticipate. It can make or break a case. I always thought it best to videotape a crime scene from beginning to end to document exactly how we found it. Our command counsel told us to stick with good old fashioned photography. It's a deliberate snapshot of one aspect of a scene; it keeps things in perspective; it's simple for juries to understand.

Videos, on the other hand, might backfire. Example given: cop sees a victim with multiple stab wounds and quips "that's the worst case of suicide I've ever seen." Gallows humor to be sure, but if captured on videotape, immediately questions the judgment, professionalism and credibility of the officer making the statement.

Again, don't know what was on the tape. Don't know why the soldier was instructed to delete it. Just know that this may not be a bad thing. I guess it all comes down to motive why the NCO told the troop to delete the tape.

What you say is true, but that isn't the NCO's decision to make AND even in the Army a superior has certain constraints on what they can order a subordinate to do. IMO this crossed the line. Noway I would have issued the order or followed it if issued to me.

And of course just because a video exists the prosecution does not have to use it. This wasn't an official police video, and as such the prosecution would have had no legal obligation to provide it to the defense either. They could have watched it decided not to use it and just went about their business if it showed something they didn't want seen.

Someone manages to capture a mass murder on an Army base where the perpetrator is screaming "allahu akbar" and is told to destroy evidence.

Odd to say the least. It's not "just video tapes". It's evidence.

I really want to know why he was told to destroy evidence. I don't think questioning this issue is out of line whatsoever.

I feel that the lack of curiousity on the part of the media speaks volumes.

This is the Major Hassan that was in contact with the same Imam who ministered to several of the 9/11 hijackers and the FBI were aware of his email communications. He worshipped at the same mosque as well.

This is the same Major Hassan who was very well known for his feelings that infidels should be beheaded and boiling oil poured down their throats.

You bet I'm freaking curious as to who gave the order and why for the destruction of video evidence of a mass murder.

Last edited:
What you say is true, but that isn't the NCO's decision to make AND even in the Army a superior has certain constraints on what they can order a subordinate to do. IMO this crossed the line. Noway I would have issued the order or followed it if issued to me.

And of course just because a video exists the prosecution does not have to use it. This wasn't an official police video, and as such the prosecution would have had no legal obligation to provide it to the defense either. They could have watched it decided not to use it and just went about their business if it showed something they didn't want seen.

Agreed. I'm not defending the NCO's decision. I don't know the circumstances. But I'm not going to jump to any conclusions on the word of a private. I believe the private was told to delete the video, but I don't see that as any conspiracy. Poor judgment? Perhaps. But deliberate conspiracy? No.

My point is that nothing rests on whether or not this video was ever played in court. There were plenty of witnesses who can identify Hasan as the shooter.

Forum List

Back