Soldier Says He Was Ordered to Delete Fort Hood Video

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
FORT HOOD, Texas – A soldier who recorded the terror of last year's deadly shooting rampage in Fort Hood using his cell phone was ordered by an officer to delete both videos, a military court heard Friday.

Under cross examination, Pfc. Lance Aviles told an Article 32 hearing that his noncommissioned officer ordered him to destroy the two videos on Nov. 5, the same day that a gunman unleashed a volley of bullets inside a processing center at the Texas Army post.

Soldier Says He Was Ordered to Delete Fort Hood Video - FoxNews.com

If this turns out to be true, I hope this NCO is thrown out of the military after he does a few years for destroying evidence. And the troop is a damned fool.

If this turns out to be true, I hope this NCO is thrown out of the military after he does a few years for destroying evidence. And the troop is a damned fool.

This PFC could be charged to since we know that all soldiers are required to think for themselves when given orders.

Why would you take a video in the first place? I am sorry. When people are dying, my first response would not be to take a video of it.

Why would you take a video in the first place? I am sorry. When people are dying, my first response would not be to take a video of it.

This is true, but for whatever reason, why the hell would anyone want to destroy it...

I hope they do a very deep investigation on this.

It DOES seem weird that he'd just obey the command, without at least speaking to any OTHER officers,

particularly some of the investigative team,

but it ALSO seems a little strange that he didn't turn the phone over to them, IMMEDIATELY.

He must have realized that it WAS evidence,

but maybe he doesn't watch all the Law & Order's, CSI's and NCIS's.

Last edited:

This is true, but for whatever reason, why the hell would anyone want to destroy it...

Probably because it showed people dying, and they didn't want it released on the internet.
Sometimes 2+2=4

Are soldiers trained in first aid?

Probably because it showed people dying, and they didn't want it released on the internet.
Sometimes 2+2=4

ALL soldiers are trained in first aid during boot camp. That doesn't mean that when an emergency happens they all pitch in though. Bases of course have written emergency plans and people assigned to certain duties. If medical care wasn't his duty station during such an emergency then he is better off not being there.

Sometimes 2+2=4

Very much so, and this was a medical unit, if I remember right. Any way there were many of the troops there that started giving first aid almost immediately as I heard it.

Wow, a bunch of big dicks second guessing someone's reaction to a completely unexpected violent situation. You should all be proud of yourselves. :clap2:

Wow, a bunch of big dicks second guessing someone's reaction to a completely unexpected violent situation. You should all be proud of yourselves. :clap2:

Nice one spanky...

1720animated_gif_hockey_idiot_1_.gif

Hey dumbass, It looks to me as if most are simply asking questions. Try adding to the conversation instead of being an ass.

Really, read the first three unique user responses to the OP. That's not criticism in the least? Luissa was clearly second guessing the soldiers actions. Obviously, Luissa's never seen raw footage from soldiers returning home from deployments. And you big sarge calling the joe a dumbass. Classy. A lot dumber things have been done under much less stressful situations.

Then Luissa goes on to insinuate the soldier should have been performing first aid. Well big sarge, you should be able to tell me: When under fire is first aid the primary mission? But of course, you won't come to the soldiers defense and inform Luissa that Army training is that first aid is a secondary concern until an area is adequately secured. So again, good job big dicks! :clap2:

Hey dumbass, It looks to me as if most are simply asking questions. Try adding to the conversation instead of being an ass.

Really, read the first three unique user responses to the OP. That's not criticism in the least? Luissa was clearly second guessing the soldiers actions. Obviously, Luissa's never seen raw footage from soldiers returning home from deployments. And you big sarge calling the joe a dumbass. Classy. A lot dumber things have been done under much less stressful situations.

Then Luissa goes on to insinuate the soldier should have been performing first aid. Well big sarge, you should be able to tell me: When under fire is first aid the primary mission? But of course, you won't come to the soldiers defense and inform Luissa that Army training is that first aid is a secondary concern until an area is adequately secured. So again, good job big dicks! :clap2:

Luissa is a fucking idiot, please don't judge the rest of us b yher.

A little teste?

If someone is criticized for being a dumb ass that's just too bad. Luissa also asked a valid question. You however did not criticize anyone except the responders here.

Yes some really strange things are done under duress. And if you read anything about that day you would find out that there were people performing first aid before the shooting was over. At least that's what I remember hearing.

Me, big Sarge? No. just a retired Sergeant not pretending to be anything I'm not.

Come to the soldiers defense? No, I want a full and complete investigation. My first reaction is that the NCO and the troop are dumb asses. And not for filming the attack, but for erasing it. You don't like it, tough shit.

Forum List

Back