Soldier: Obama not U.S. born, can't send me to Afghanistan

mccain was born to a military family....it is my understanding....all military kids get the auto in...just like native borns....you cant punishs families serving overseas by making their kids born there...non citizens.

Be that as it may, I don't see Obama being removed as President, not with his approval ratings and the fact that this was an issue before he became president. The fact that no other candidates brought it up for discussion and the MSM ignored pretty much renders it a non-issue. Which is why the reaction is disturbing.
I have no idea but this is out of the normal big time. It looks to me as if this is what happened. Someone sent a memo to Gates and said squash it. Gates sends memo down to reservist commander saying squash it, and it gets squashed.

Imagine that booboo siding with the Prez..... lol If it had been the other way around and Bush was President this would be front page news....

Besides booboo didn't even read the story...the Soldier is a "he" not a "she".... come on booboo stop embarrassing yourself...

I read it and it said SHE. Anyways, you want to imagine what if this was BUSH? What if???

How about the hundreds of lies and broken laws? None of that was front page news.

Imagine if it were Clinton???

mccain was born to a military family....it is my understanding....all military kids get the auto in...just like native borns....you cant punishs families serving overseas by making their kids born there...non citizens.

Be that as it may, I don't see Obama being removed as President, not with his approval ratings and the fact that this was an issue before he became president. The fact that no other candidates brought it up for discussion and the MSM ignored pretty much renders it a non-issue. Which is why the reaction is disturbing.

You're assuming there is any credibility to this story.

You can't punish me, an American born citizen, for going on vacation and dropping my kid over seas either....

if your mccain thing stands....

When Mccain was born, there was no law, giving citizenship AT BIRTH to kids born to military in the Panama Canal zone....the law to do such, was created and passed ONE YEAR AFTER mccain's birth.... so when he was born, he was only a naturalized citizen, one year later, those born in panama were natural born citizens, the question was whether this going retroactive, made him a citizen at BIRTH because he was NOT according to the laws on the books at the time he was actually born....

Today, all military kids and all kids born to one american citizen, overseas, is an American citizen at birth, with very few exceptions....that's the Law.....whether it was the law when mccain or obama was born, doesn't matter.

He volunteered to go to Afghanistan for the distinct purpose of filing this suit. If you doubt that, you can go check out freeper land where he telegraphed his punch.
Can the Army smack him over this?

I don't think he's violated the UCMJ. However, there are communications from Cook to Taitz (the incompetent birther lawyer that represented him) from February where Cook indicated that he wanted to join a suit as a military plaintiff against the Obama adminsistration. This was prior to May where he volunteered for deployment. This means that there are likely some questions as to if he volunteered only to lodge a suit against Obama. I don't know the exact reg, but that strikes me as piss-poor officership.

I have my doubts anything will happen to him. More than likely, he will return to where he came. His next evaluation will suck, and he'll retire.

That's just my gut. It's piss-poor officership to use your rank to try and prompt a constitutional challenge. It's the antithesis of an apolitical military, and I don't care who the President is.

It would be akin to an officer challenging Bush's authority to deploy soldiers due to the 2000 election results.

They need to put that soldier in front of a firing squad and ask if they are SURE Obama isn't US born or is he/she just a right winger looking for an excuse to get out of serving.

Phony soldier. Pussy. Just looking for an excuse. I don't blame them, but this is hypocricy at its finest.

Didn't have a problem serving under the draft dodgers bush & cheney

I have no idea but this is out of the normal big time. It looks to me as if this is what happened. Someone sent a memo to Gates and said squash it. Gates sends memo down to reservist commander saying squash it, and it gets squashed.

This guy didn't win anything. Here are the facts:

Cook (the plaintiff) requested to be deployed for the sole reason of raising this court issue.

HRC-STL, of which COL Good (the defendent) is the commander honored his request. It is HRC-STL's policy to allow those who volunteer for deployment to opt out at any time before they report (far different from involuntary mobilizations. Cook was not involuntarily mobilized).

When Cook filed suit, HRC-STL took that to be the same as an "opt out" and simply lifted his orders.

I imagine COL Good has better things to do than waste her time appearing in frivelous suits. I don't believe the "birther" stance for a second that there was some phantom communication from the SECDEF. It makes no sense.

As does most of the birther mantra. Check out the other thread for some more facts.

This guy didn't win anything. Here are the facts:

Cook (the plaintiff) requested to be deployed for the sole reason of raising this court issue.

HRC-STL, of which COL Good (the defendent) is the commander honored his request. It is HRC-STL's policy to allow those who volunteer for deployment to opt out at any time before they report (far different from involuntary mobilizations. Cook was not involuntarily mobilized).

When Cook filed suit, HRC-STL took that to be the same as an "opt out" and simply lifted his orders.

I imagine COL Good has better things to do than waste her time appearing in frivelous suits. I don't believe the "birther" stance for a second that there was some phantom communication from the SECDEF. It makes no sense.

As does most of the birther mantra. Check out the other thread for some more facts.
It doesn't matter the reason for the suite filed by cook, she filed it. All the rest is pure guessing also on your part for we don't know for sure. I'm telling you that in my experience the Military usually doesn't let this stuff go so easy even if it was easier to do so.

I'm just saying this is very different then the norm... my opinion is what I said, your's is yours.

They need to put that soldier in front of a firing squad and ask if they are SURE Obama isn't US born or is he/she just a right winger looking for an excuse to get out of serving.
Phony soldier. Pussy. Just looking for an excuse. I don't blame them, but this is hypocricy at its finest.

So you are okay with torturing a US Soldier, but not a terrorist? Gimme a fucking break.

So you are okay with torturing a US Soldier, but not a terroist? Gimme a fucking break.

They aren't a soldier if they won't serve.

Lock him up like they did Jose Padilla and take away all his rights for years. No habius, no due process, no lawyer and no, please do not torture him.

Just use Cheney's enhanced interrogation techniques.

So you are okay with torturing a US Soldier, but not a terroist? Gimme a fucking break.

Lock him up like they did Jose Padilla and take away all his rights for years. No habius, no due process, no lawyer and no, please do not torture him.

More to it than that. He is a soldier until he is discharged and you just called for the torture of a US Soldier. Neg rep coming asshole.

YOU said 'They need to put that soldier in front of a firing squad'; when someone else says 'soldier' you say it's wrong. Do as I say, not as I do. :lol:

More to it than that. He is a soldier until he is discharged and you just called for the torture of a US Soldier. Neg rep coming asshole.

First off, execution is not torture.

Secondly, what about that muslim US Soldier that threw a grenade into his CO's tent?

Isn't he up for courtmartial and/or execution?

I found this from a right winger:

Muslim-American soldier throws grenades at 101st Airborne Command Tent
Update: It's now being reported that this attack was carried out by a Muslim-American U.S. soldier. Unforgivable, craven and cowardly, for which I'm sure he'll be court-martialled, if not executed.
That is, if he's a real GI.
If Muslim-American soldiers will put their loyalty to "Islam" above their loyalty to their country, then Washington, we have a problem and these people will have to be weeded out of the military!

Not all Republicans are bad, not all soldiers are good, not all muslims are bad, not all Americans are good.

Do you really live in a black and white world? No shades of gray?

YOU said 'They need to put that soldier (it's wrong) in front of a firing squad'; when someone else says 'soldier (it's wrong) you say it's wrong. Do as I say, not as I do. :lol:

No I don't.

So why were the orders revoked?

Did they get a memo from the administration instructing them not to open that particular can of worms?

Forum List

Back