Sold on Obama

Can you get me a list of the difference between Obama and Bush's policies? I need to understand this 2 party idea because it seems they lead the same no matter who their congress is.

You keep trying to sell this nonsense

If the policies are the same.....why does EVERY Republican vote against them?

Because he must fail. Republicans from the get go have been against everything proposed; Not only "EVEN IF" the policy was good for the country, but "ESPECIALLY IF."

Give me *a* if not a few examples of Obama policy that Republicans were especially against that have been proven “without a doubt” to help the county plz.

Here

Cognative biases

There's plenty of reasons why people think they way they think.

Why will some people support the person they supported in the past?

I can think of one right off the top of my head. Old expression some of you have no doubt heard once or twice.

In for a penny, in for a pound

Last edited:
Pretending that they are the same is not very constructive.

Tell me how Bush would have solved the healthcare issue the same way?

Tell us all how the same laws would have found their way to the signing table?

Its crap.

any thinking person doesnt buy it

Medicare part D or for idiots like you More Government in HC.

Every Republican voted for it

I honestly can't figure out why Democrats are still sold on Obama..

Sure.. they have no choice in the matter but 4 more years of a failed Presidency just to win an election... seems kinda pathetic..

Primarily because his administration has been pretty much the opposite of the previous administration with some exceptions.

But in a nutshell:
1. Competence.
2. Optimism.
3. Tolerance.
4. Intellegence.
5. A belief in American values.
6. An adherence to international protocols.
7. An adherence to the domestic rule of law.

Hope this helps.

Its crap.

Every Republican voted for it

Well not initially..

But the Republicans held up the vote for some 3 hours and lobbied to have the Republicans that voted no change their vote via a cell phone call from President Bush.

Quite amazing really.

Sure.. they have no choice in the matter but 4 more years of a failed Presidency just to win an election... seems kinda pathetic..

Primarily because his administration has been pretty much the opposite of the previous administration with some exceptions.

But in a nutshell:
1. Competence.
2. Optimism.
3. Tolerance.
4. Intellegence.

Hope this helps.

Admit it Sallow. Obama sold out to GWB. He is corrupt and was bought off. Why is GITMO still open? Why are we bombing Libya? Why are we assassinating people?

Last edited:

They are used to the the disastrous nightmarish policies of the Bush Admin. and Republicans, someone cvomes along and makes a few good decisions and they are sold.

Its crap.

How did that solve the medical problems in this country and how did he pay for its costs?

But in a nutshell:
1. Competence.
2. Optimism.
3. Tolerance.
4. Intellegence.

Hope this helps.

Admit it Sallow. Obama sold out to GWB. He is corrupt and was bought off. Why is GITMO still open? Why are we bombing Libya? Why are we assainating people?

Cons criticized him vehemently for proposing it, and now criticize him vehemently for not doing it. Same is true for a dozen other campaign promises.

Further proof of Obama derangement....

It’s all partisan, all the time.

And of course there’s no ‘up-side’ to a republican presidency, the last administration is ample evidence of that. For some Obama’s a known quantity, for most 2012 will be an election of the lesser of two evils.

I belong to a tiny minority who is opposed to the ‘imperial presidency’ and believes in the original intent of the Framers that the Executive doesn’t do much of anything; the country was supposed to be run by Congress. The president is to sign legislation (sans ‘statements’), appoint judges and justices, and make speeches. He may veto a bill on occasion and report on the state of the Union ‘from time to time,’ otherwise his role is mostly ceremonial and indeed ‘administrative.’

The propensity of Western states to gravitate toward some kind of strong ruler is remarkable; were it not for the Constitution we’d be a dictatorship long ago.

What ample evidence.. employment, national debt, budget balancing... gas prices..The day Harry and Nancy took over the country started down the wrong track...there is no doubt about that, is there.

Yeah.....sure....that's when things went-to-shit......

handjob.gif

January 13, 2008

"The recession-deniers were muzzled by a horrendous last two weeks of December, and the gloom-and-doomers are now out in force. Their key arguments:

* Plummeting housing will now drag down the rest of the economy.

*The "bad debt" problem is not just "sub-prime" folks who should never have have taken out mortgages in the first place. It includes credit card debt, "high quality" mortgages, car loans, and other leverage that have recently become a consumer way of life.

*Pressure on consumers is leading to a reduction in consumer spending (70% of economy), which, in turn, will lead to a reduction in spending by companies that sell stuff to consumers.

*The question now is not "will there be a recession?" but "how bad will it get?"

*The most optimistic forecasts in a NYT gloom-and-doom round-up are for three crappy quarters, regardless of what the Fed does. Less optimistic forecasts suggest that we are, well, screwed.

After blowing the last downturn, we've been worried about this one since last summer. We also suspect that, given the importance of housing to the economy and debt to consumer spending, the recession will be deeper and more prolonged than people think."

Run, along, now........

106.gif

Its crap.

You are not, seriously, trying to compare Medicare Part D with the current HC reform are you? With a straight face?

Speaking of "What has the President done to deserve re-election":

As federal health reforms take effect, Aetna proposes rate cuts

BOOM BABY!

But in a nutshell:
1. Competence.
2. Optimism.
3. Tolerance.
4. Intellegence.

Hope this helps.

Admit it Sallow. Obama sold out to GWB. He is corrupt and was bought off. Why is GITMO still open? Why are we bombing Libya? Why are we assainating people?

Cons criticized him vehemently for proposing it, and now criticize him vehemently for not doing it. Same is true for a dozen other campaign promises.

These are examples of acts Obama carried out. He has sold out to the right wing nuts.

But in a nutshell:
1. Competence.
2. Optimism.
3. Tolerance.
4. Intellegence.

Hope this helps.

Admit it Sallow. Obama sold out to GWB. He is corrupt and was bought off. Why is GITMO still open? Why are we bombing Libya? Why are we assassinating people?

There may be reasons Gitmo is still open that we are not privy to.

Lybia is being bombed so that the people are not obliterated by an insane dictato and it is a UN action.

Osama did not cooperate with his captors.

I think the seals have a right to protect themselves dont you?

Gitmo disapoints me and I really wish it closed.

Bush has created a legal nightmare that is pretty hard to untangle.

These are examples of acts Obama carried out. He has sold out to the right wing nuts.

President Obama knows things that candidate Obama doesn't know, and I suspect that had more to do with GITMO than selling out.

But I do agree he's sold out. Too much 'Compromise,' too much 'Bipartisanship' in his vocabulary. The way he compromises, the compromise ends up looking, ya know, exactly like what his opponents wanted.

For at least a snapshot in time, that's not what the country wanted.

I'm just not seeing the upside of him being re-elected..

Avoiding repeating the unprecedented disaster of Bush and the Republican Congress, by electing a Republican president,

is reason enough.

Your answer is actually a big part of the problem because it infers the only choices are a Republican president or Obama despite the fact there will be other people on the ballot, but since the vast majority of people in this country are herded like sheep....
Hardly the majority......

Rush-Lemmingbaugh-lemmings.jpg

Why is GITMO still open?

Because ALL Republicans and some Democrats opposed the President on closing GITMO. Oh, and then there are all the states, states that house mass murderers and serial killers, that won't take ANY of the GITMO prisoners.

Why are we bombing Libya?
"We" as in a UN coalition? You really gotta ask that?

Why are we assassinating people?

We aren't. I know some Navy Seals in a covert operation to capture Osama bin Laden had to shoot him instead. Are you questioning the training and judgement of a Navy Seal?

Forum List

Back