Sold my Xbox-one and bought a PS4

Discussion in 'XBox/Playstation/Nintendo Wii' started by Grampa Murked U, Feb 2, 2014.

1. thanatos144

thanatos144 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,595
    I think you can buy used Xbox one games. Microsoft backed off the drm bullshit.

2. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,867
    Looks like your right. Just read about it on legit sites.
    Seems like an obvious decision. Could have been another "Windows 8" fumble.
    Not enough for me though...I am very interested in this Alien device.
    Games at $15, no M$ tax...HDMI...why buy an Xbox?

3. FA_Q2

FA_Q2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,356
    It changed a ton.

If you understand the architecture that actually goes into the machine you would know that there are rather huge computing differences in the two generations as well as outright capability. The camera on the Xbox is an engineering feat all in of itself to ship such a cheap item that can fully understand the room it is in and identify the people sitting in the front of the console. And Sony is in very tough competition with Xbox. It really is no longer about games - that is exactly how it USED to be. Now, however, almost all games are multi-platform meaning the consoles must compete directly with each other. Back when it was about the games - THAT is when you could build the same machine and not care because the games got you the sales. The few titles that are exclusive are really losing their steam. It used to be that people would purchase a play station just so they could access squaresoft titles of an Xbox for Halo. Halo no longer has the draw that it used to and square-enix is multi platform now.

If you really think that the consoles have not moved forward then you have not bothered to really give them a chance. Microsoft is actually innovating in the console department. Just wish they could manage that with computers....

4. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,867
    Kinnect? Pheh...people rave on about voice command ability without thinking about the fact you don't need a camera device for that.
    I have read/watched reviews and forums extensively on X1 and Kinnect. Right now people are saying they like it when using Netflix etc. - but over and over and over people say there is no real use in games and don't see how it will.
    The next big thing in gaming has already started - immersion. Full immersion. And Kinnect has no value to add whatsoever in that. The headset/touch sensing devices etc. will pass up Kinnect and leave it in the dust where it has never really left.
    Immersion/virtual gaming is the next generation. I don't think anyone really doubts that.
    M$ and innovation? Sorry but that is laughable. The X1 doesn't even have HDMI support. Doesn't have Dolby surround. And is using a processor that is two generations old. Yeah...that's innovation. A 500GB Hard drive that is not replaceable or upgradable - innovation. The PS4 has 50% more processing power. The X1 reserves 10% of it's memory for Kinnect - even if you don't have it hooked up. That means the PS4 actually has 60% more power. Innovation.
    Truth is the X1 is outdated already. Which is no surprise, and why it's release was so underwhelming. Innovation.:doubt: