Sold my Xbox-one and bought a PS4

Discussion in 'XBox/Playstation/Nintendo Wii' started by Grampa Murked U, Feb 2, 2014.

1. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,869
    Why XBox1 sucks, all the reasons why I still have a 360. And will never buy a Xbox1

1) It is 2014. No Dolby surround support. Really? No HDMI support. Unforgivable omission. Even a $150 13" Acer Chromebook has 1080 HDMI. A video game device does not???
    2) The cost of paying M$ to play online. $50 to $60 a year. It is beyond ridiculous.
    3) The wireless controllers are not rechargeable out of the box. The cables you pay extra for are buggy, as the internet is filled with people complaining about it.
    4) YOU CANNOT RESELL THE GAMES. No excuse for this. And this should be illegal. It makes no sense other than M$ - again - seeing their customers as nothing more than a rube to extract as much money as possible from.
    5) Paywall. You have to pay Microsoft to access everything and anything that uses the internet. Don't have the money for XBox Live right now - well sucks to be you - you can't watch Netflix either. XBox 360 does not have the paywall.
    6) Cheap RAM. XBox1 uses older GDDR3 processors, which is not a problem now. But absolutely limits future abilities for game developers. It should be using the most proven updated hardware that exist when making them.
    7) The hard drive is not replaceable. Not only is it small (500GB) - but when it fails - you cannot replace it.
    8) It is PRIMARILY designed as a media device OVER a video game device. And it does it poorly. A simple Roku3 is faster, more options, more channels and no bugs. Plus the XBox one reserves a full 10% of it's total memory to operate a connect device - EVEN if you are not using it.

2. NLT

NLT Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,008
  3. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,869
    Interesting.
    1) No $50-$60 per year subscription for playing your own games.
    2) Full Steam compatibility.
    3) HDMI (laughably absent on XBox1)
    4) Games cost about 70% less than XBox games - ok that is HUGE.
    5) Games are portable.
    6) Hook up a keyboard and mouse, and it is a complete PC. Exactly like a regular PC
    7) Dolby Surround out of the box. (also laughably absent in XBox)
    8) GDDR5 instead of waay outdated GDDR3 in Xbox1. Even though these are inferior when compared to a full on gaming PC - but they are much cheaper.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. NLT

NLT Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,008
    A little more expensive than a console but worth it,

5. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,869
    On the contrary, it is a lot cheaper.
    Xbox with 5 games cost to own in one year:
    $400 console, 5x$65 (avg) = $325 + $60 Xbox Live = $785
    Alien with 5 games:
    $600 console, 5x$15 (avg) = $75, no subscription price = $675

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. thanatos144

thanatos144 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,595
    I am not one of the PC master race because truthfully other then FPS they are way to expensive to keep up. Seems cheap at first except people never factor in a new Graphics card every other year that high end cost more then my console did. Thats not even factoring in monitors and new mouse and keyboard so it can be as responsive to the hardware you just paid a small fortune for. Yes you can get cheaper games Obviously which is a huge minus towards MS and PSN but truthfully I am more comfortable on my bed or couch playing a game then slumped over my computer desk. Now I of course own a PlayStation 4 because lets face it I dont like giving money to Microsoft if I can help it. They suck at giving the customer what they want only what they deem they need and most of the time there software just sucks.

7. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,869
    I pretty much agree with everything you said here.
    Which is why I am intrigued by the Alienware Alpha. It is a game console 1st, and oh by the way if you want - hook up a keyboard and mouse and it is a PC.
    Like you, I am not a game master. I don't spaz out if I can't play with full AA, shadowing, 5120x2188 resolution at 60 FPS. Not paying $1500 to do that.
    At the same time, I have a serious problem lining up to get ripped off because everyone is doing it. Paying M$ to play my own games and watch my own Netflix subscription and $70 for a game is not happening. I like buying used games, with XBox One - can't do that. Games are 0% transferable.
    And I find it inexcusable to use outdated processors on a brand new device, no HDMI and no Dolby. Talk about getting ripped off.

8. FA_Q2

FA_Q2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,356
    thats a lot of hate for no reason.

The changes in the gaming industry (and there have been a LOT of changes in the last decade) have not been halted by Microsoft at all. I have no idea where you get that from.

They have pushed the computing power further than ever with the constant war between them and Sony for the 'best' system. The monetization scheme changes have nothing to do with Microsoft at all and everything to do with the changing technology.

9. FA_Q2

FA_Q2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,356
    Different gaming dynamic altogether.

I enjoy FPS, some Bethsada games and RTS and NONE of those are worth a damn on a console. That pretty much ingrains me to computer gaming.

10. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,869
    I was talking about the console industry. The changes in the industry have been mostly non-console with the exception of the Wii - which failed.
    The war with Sony??? Only exist in the minds of players.
    No different than the perceived "Beer Wars" between Bud/Miller/Coors drinkers. There is no difference, they are all the same damn product.
    In a real war - innovation would be key. Each would desperately be trying to make a beter product. The "war" is the games. Each trying to have a killer game the other does not. That is the only war.
    The Xbox device in THIRTEEN years has changed very little. And from 2005 to 2013 - it did not change at all. The same device.