Sold my Xbox-one and bought a PS4

Discussion in 'XBox/Playstation/Nintendo Wii' started by Grampa Murked U, Feb 2, 2014.

1. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,036
    I have tried playing console games but I came from playing 1st person shooters on the comuter...the adjustment from mouse to controller just doesn't work out. The console controller just seems so sluggish....is there a reason they don't have a mouse for the console systems....?

2. SmarterThanTheAverageBear

SmarterThanTheAverageBear BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,600

Cuz they don't need one?

It's personal preference for sure, but the controllers are no slower than a mouse. Any delay you may have noticed was due to to something else.

3. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,036
    My brother keeps telling me to just put in the time and I'll get used to it....but still, the mouse is really nice to use....

4. FA_Q2

FA_Q2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,356
    Controllers are not slower - they are FAR less precise. Put a controller in the hands of one player and a mouse in another and the one with the controller is at a HUGE disadvantage.

There are several videos of top Quake players trying to defend controllers and their playability in FPS games - it does not look pretty. There really is no way to get the same precision out of a controller than there is in a mouse. It is also why almost every game released for a console has aim assist or why the RTS games released for consoles are such utter disasters. Really, you are not going to see the mouse added onto a console for another reason entirely - it is not the same gaming experience. I don't think I have ever seen a console gamer sit in a position where a mouse and keyboard would be even remotely plausible. It just is not the same.

I have a keyboard and mouse attached to my Xbox - it is entirely possible to do so - but I would never dream of actually using it for a game. If I wanted that experience, I would go over to my computer which allows me a more expansive experience anyway.

5. FA_Q2

FA_Q2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,356
    Also realize that mice are faster than controllers most of the time as the controller sensitivity can be turned down. Want to make it faster - turn it back up and you will get the same speed. Precision decreases as the speed is increased though so you have to find where you are most comfortable.

6. SmarterThanTheAverageBear

SmarterThanTheAverageBear BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,600

I think in the future , we will see many games utilize a keyboard on the next gen consoles.

7. FA_Q2

FA_Q2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,356
    I doubt it only because of the different experience I was talking about. I just cant see myself using a keyboard in my living room on a console. The computer is so much better positioned for that and gaming is alive and well on computers (no matter how much the gaming industry would like it to be confined to consoles).

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. theDoctorisIn

theDoctorisIn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,410
    I used to be all about mouse and keys, but at this point I'm just as comfortable with an Xbox controller as I ever was on the computer.

I strongly doubt that consoles are going to ship with keyboards any mice at any point in the near future. It's a different market.

9. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,869
    [​IMG]

10. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,869
    F*ck Microsoft and their XBox "360 version 2".
    It is an XBox 360 with a built in Roku for the most part.
    WHen XBox came out I said M$ would takeover the console market and halt innovation in the entire industry. And whalaa - THIRTEEN years later and the entire video game industry has changed very little all this time. Except now you have to pay Microsoft to play the games online, pay Microsoft a tax to download mappacks and upgrades. And just like M$ - video game makers learned that you don't need to develop new technology or new games - just rehash the same games, basically make a few map packs and call it "Call of Duty 2, 3, 4 or 5".
    Games are waaaaaaaaaaaaay overpriced, absurd to pay $50-$70 for 3-4 hour campaigns and buggy multiplayer maps that are little more than a small arena for people to shoot each other all day. Yippee.
    Who knows how awesome video game consoles would be now if XBox never came along.