Solar Takes a Huge Hit

I am sorry that you have not had the education needed to understand the laws of physics. A river flowing at a leisurely 2mph does not have enough energy to produce electricity. All the numbers were in that link.

To produce electricity on my ship, we raised the pressure of the steam to 1200 psi to turn turbine blades to produce electricity. You think you can produce that energy from a river flowing slowly down hill over hundreds and thousands of miles. It just doesn't work like that! The water in your typical hydroelectric dam moves like your car at highway speeds.

Listen you fucking moron, have somebody read what I wrote to you about how to make river water move fast enough to spin a turbine....I'm done with it and you.

I am sorry that you have not had the education needed to understand the laws of physics. A river flowing at a leisurely 2mph does not have enough energy to produce electricity. All the numbers were in that link.

To produce electricity on my ship, we raised the pressure of the steam to 1200 psi to turn turbine blades to produce electricity. You think you can produce that energy from a river flowing slowly down hill over hundreds and thousands of miles. It just doesn't work like that! The water in your typical hydroelectric dam moves like your car at highway speeds.

Listen you fucking moron, have somebody read what I wrote to you about how to make river water move fast enough to spin a turbine....I'm done with it and you.

I guess you have no response. Physics prevents it from working. I have been quite polite to you. If you want to be an ass,, so be it. I suggest sinking all of your life's savings into this idea. Maybe I can buy you a burger when you wind up homeless because you did not study.

I guess you have no response. Physics prevents it from working. I have been quite polite to you. If you want to be an ass,, so be it. I suggest sinking all of your life's savings into this idea. Maybe I can buy you a burger when you wind up homeless because you did not study.

Hey dumbass...if river water moves from it's normal banks through a narrow channel, does it speed up? yes or no?

Hey dumbass...if river water moves from it's normal banks through a narrow channel, does it speed up? yes or no?

Not enough. Learn little one.

But back to the subject. Both solar and wind have huge untapped potential, which is what hydro now lacks in this nation. We have already built the good sites.

The world’s biggest solar project is going to get underway in Saudi Arabia, according a plan whipped up by the country’s sovereign wealth fund and the Japanese technology conglomerate SoftBank.

The partners are joint investors in the $100 billion Vision Fund, the world’s largest private equity fund, which will provide the initial cash for the first phase of the scheme.

Here’s what you need to know about the project.

How big is “biggest”?
SoftBank and the Saudis say the solar project will be able to generate around 7.2 gigawatts of power in 2019, and 200 gigawatts by 2030.

Today, all the solar deployments around the world generate around 400 gigawatts (which is slightly more than is generated by nuclear, incidentally.) The largest installation at the moment, the Tengger Desert Solar Park in China, generates just over 1.5 gigawatts. So yes, this is a big deal.

Plans for the World's Biggest-Ever Solar Power Project Are Underway. Here's What You Need to Know.

Doesn't sound as if solar is taking that big of a hit.

Solar and wind power projects are increasing in the area around the Mekong River in Southeast Asia.

One energy expert said that the developments call into question the financial viability of major hydo-electric dams in the area.

Brian Eyler is Director of the Stimson Center’s Southeast Asia Program. He spoke about the increase in solar power development at the third Mekong River Commission Summit in Cambodia’s Siem Reap province.

He said, in the last six months, Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand and Laos have signed agreements to produce 6,000 megawatts of electricity from wind and solar.

Eyler said, “In January 2017, my team visited with Cambodia’s energy plant making the suggestion of incorporating more solar and wind into the power development plan. That was basically off the table in January 2017.”

He said that Cambodia has reorganized its energy industry in about a year. The country has planned to deploy solar power production

Solar Projects Increase in the Mekong River Area

Looks like other nations like solar, also.

Travis Hoium
(TMFFlushDraw)
Mar 4, 2018 at 2:02PM
Energy storage is finally becoming a legitimate option for utilities, commercial-building owners, and homeowners across the country. The biggest opportunity in 2018 may be in the commercial market, where the combination of solar and storage can create a cost-savings combo that gives building operators a lot of flexibility to control their energy costs.

Commercial solar projects alone have always struggled to be justifiable financially, because commercial customers' bills typically include a payment for the energy they consume (consumption charge) and another portion based on their peak demand (demand charge). Traditional solar net metering may only reduce half of a customer's bill, but combining solar with energy storage can reduce the cost of both components on utility bills and makes a valuable combo for the renewable-energy industry.
Solar and Energy Storage Go Corporate

Now things are taking off. The combination of renewables and storage, as the Tesla battery in South Australia has demonstrated, are natural partners.

Do you know why these projects have not been built? They don't work as well as you think they do. The age of the website does not change the laws of physics. You didn't read the link!

I read your link...didn't agree with it....7 year old conventional thinking from a pro-solar nobody. These projects haven't been built because solar and wind were promoted by the Kenyan idiot who wasted our money on the junk science of Gorebal warming, while doing nothing about China and it's slave labor selling solar panels below-cost to crush any American attempt to compete. There have been several hydro pilot-projects proving it's viability and it's blood simple....get water moving and it will spin a wheel.

They did it for hundreds of years to turn water wheels

Do you know why these projects have not been built? They don't work as well as you think they do. The age of the website does not change the laws of physics. You didn't read the link!

I read your link...didn't agree with it....7 year old conventional thinking from a pro-solar nobody. These projects haven't been built because solar and wind were promoted by the Kenyan idiot who wasted our money on the junk science of Gorebal warming, while doing nothing about China and it's slave labor selling solar panels below-cost to crush any American attempt to compete. There have been several hydro pilot-projects proving it's viability and it's blood simple....get water moving and it will spin a wheel.

Works for producing kilowatts, doesn't measure up to producing megawatts.

A water wheel is a far cry from the energy required to produce electricity. That's like comparing a paddlewheel steamboat to an aircraft carrier.

Forum List

Back