Solar Energy Is The Way To Go!

That requires two things, a distributed grid, and an incentive for businesses to use their roofs for as generators. And, of course, grid scale storage both at the generation point, and the point of use.
And subsidies. Lots of subsidies...
Solar and wind is now the same price or cheaper than new fossil fuel capacity in more than 30 countries, the WEF reported in December (pdf). As prices for solar and wind power continue their precipitous fall, two-thirds of all nations will reach the point known as “grid parity” within a few years, even without subsidies. “Renewable energy has reached a tipping point,” Michael Drexler, who leads infrastructure and development investing at the WEF, said in a statement. “It is not only a commercially viable option, but an outright compelling investment opportunity with long-term, stable, inflation-protected returns.”

Those numbers are already translating into vast new acres of silicon and glass. In 2016, utilities added 9.5 gigawatts (GW) of photovoltaic capacity to the US grid, making solar the top fuel source for the first time in a calendar year, according to the US Energy Information Administration’s estimates. The US added about 125 solar panels every minute in 2016, about double the pace last year, reports the Solar Energy Industry Association.

In 2016, solar-panel energy finally became cheaper than fossil fuels. Just wait for 2017.

I happen to agree, the subsidies can be reduces or even eliminated. And solar and wind will still continue to displace fossil fuels.

Without fossil fuels, there would be no solar industry.
Without horses there would be no automobiles. Now there are horses still around and used on working ranches. But they are no longer the primary source of transportation. And that is what it will by like for hydrocarbons. They will eventually be little use for them as fuel, but as industrial stock, they will be pretty much here for another thousand years.

Note that the link is to Powerpack, not the Powerwall.

Build your Powerpack Energy Storage Solution | Tesla

Design Your Powerpack System
Powerpack systems are fully integrated energy storage solutions for commercial, industrial, and utility sites. The system includes one or more Powerpack units, inverters, controllers and supporting hardware.

POWER
kW
+-
DURATION
Hours
+-
System Overview
500 kW2,100 kWh4 hour duration

Includes:
  • Powerpack units
  • Powerpack inverters
  • Powerpack Controller
  • Cabling & Site Support Hardware
Total Estimate$902,360
Power and energy ratings are rounded to simplify price estimation. Once your order is placed, we will work with you to finalize your system's precise specifications and price.

Have questions about Powerpack storage for your business or utility?Request a call.

Interested in energy storage for your home? Learn more about Powerwall.

Everything we know about Tesla’s massive commercial battery, the Powerpack

Most recently, Tesla was selected to provide 20 MW/80 MWh Powerpack system at the Southern California Edison Mira Loma substation, making it the largest lithium ion battery storage project in the world. The Powerpacks will charge by drawing energy from the grid during off-peak hours.

But as a better indicator of how the Powerpack fits into solar installation, SolarCity is using Tesla's 52 MWh Powerpack to bring 20 years of power to the Hawaiian island Kaua’i. SolarCity built a 12 MW solar farm to help supply the power.

There are currently 300 MWh of Tesla batteries deployed in 18 countries, Tesla wrote in a blog post.
Every last bit of it brought to you by.... fossil fuels. No fossil fuels, no solar. No fossil fuels, no wind generation.

Fossil fuels are the building blocks for everything. How will "renewables" generate the thousands of tons of medical equipment used around the globe every year? You are pissing up your leg.

Powerpack systems are fully integrated energy storage solutions for commercial, industrial, and utility sites. The system includes one or more Powerpack units, inverters, controllers and supporting hardware.

POWER
kW
+-
DURATION
Hours
+-
System Overview

Includes:
  • Powerpack units
  • Powerpack inverters
  • Powerpack Controller
Total Estimate$902,360
Power and energy ratings are rounded to simplify price estimation. Once your order is placed, we will work with you to finalize your system's precise specifications and price.

Have questions about Powerpack storage for your business or utility?Request a call.

Most recently, Tesla was selected to provide 20 MW/80 MWh Powerpack system at the Southern California Edison Mira Loma substation, making it the largest lithium ion battery storage project in the world. The Powerpacks will charge by drawing energy from the grid during off-peak hours.

But as a better indicator of how the Powerpack fits into solar installation, SolarCity is using Tesla's 52 MWh Powerpack to bring 20 years of power to the Hawaiian island Kaua’i. SolarCity built a 12 MW solar farm to help supply the power.

There are currently 300 MWh of Tesla batteries deployed in 18 countries, Tesla wrote in a blog post.
Every last bit of it brought to you by.... fossil fuels. No fossil fuels, no solar. No fossil fuels, no wind generation.

Fossil fuels are the building blocks for everything. How will "renewables" generate the thousands of tons of medical equipment used around the globe every year? You are pissing up your leg.
My personal electric bill has been reduced by over $230.00/month.

Without fossil fuels, there would be no solar industry.
Without horses there would be no automobiles. Now there are horses still around and used on working ranches. But they are no longer the primary source of transportation. And that is what it will by like for hydrocarbons. They will eventually be little use for them as fuel, but as industrial stock, they will be pretty much here for another thousand years.
Fossil fuels make your fantasies your own reality. You are a delusional old man.

Suck it up, old man. Pump the jam. Jam the pump. Get into the rhythm of the beat. You lose, mother scratcher.

I got some Old Rocks, they smell like my socks.
Like a heap of cocks they ferment
With no lament...

BOOMP CHUCK BOOMP CHUCK BOOMP CHUCK

POWER
kW
+-
DURATION
Hours
+-
System Overview

Includes:
  • Powerpack units
  • Powerpack inverters
  • Powerpack Controller
Total Estimate$902,360

If we want factual pertinent information from you, we'll ask for it. :slap:

POWER
kW
+-
DURATION
Hours
+-
System Overview

Includes:
  • Powerpack units
  • Powerpack inverters
  • Powerpack Controller
Total Estimate$902,360

If I give a sh!t about your existence, I'll let you know about it.

POWER
kW
+-
DURATION
Hours
+-
System Overview

Includes:
  • Powerpack units
  • Powerpack inverters
  • Powerpack Controller
Total Estimate$902,360

...said the cock gobbler.

POWER
kW
+-
DURATION
Hours
+-
System Overview

Includes:
  • Powerpack units
  • Powerpack inverters
  • Powerpack Controller
Total Estimate$902,360

Are you not funny or are you going out of your way to be not funny?

POWER
kW
+-
DURATION
Hours
+-
System Overview

Includes:
  • Powerpack units
  • Powerpack inverters
  • Powerpack Controller
Total Estimate$902,360

Go piss on yourself, you impertinent piece of ovulating woman. :slap:.

POWER
kW
+-
DURATION
Hours
+-
System Overview

Includes:
  • Powerpack units
  • Powerpack inverters
  • Powerpack Controller
Total Estimate$902,360

You're not even trying; I'm insulted.
Actually, you are quite trying.
Go start an "I Hate Jews" Thread.

You'll have to speak up, I have a banana in my ear.

Since you have no brain it's probably in both ears.

I hat jew too, santuary mulch.

I hat jew too, santuary mulch.
Can you edit that into an actual language?

I'm all ears, you're all rears. Ass munch.

I'm all ears, you're all rears. Ass munch.
OK...

Forum List

Back