Solar energy is dead

Water kills Solar energy, it will always need water and that water will always be needed elsewhere.

On the top of your house, still need to clean it.

Further the financing is crippling. Pure stupidity to allow a company to put a 30,000$ lien on your house.

No matter where you put a solar panel you still need water to clean it. Last time I checked there is water rationing everywhere in California.

Where you going to get all that extra water? You cannot even water your lawn, you think you can water your roof?

On warehouses, with a crew washing the solar panels, during a drought, in a desert, when that water is needed for food. Too expensive to wash.

What about the environmental impact of using fossil fuels to pump extra water to households to wash solar panels. Even on a house, solar energy cannot exist without fossil energy to pump the water to clean hundreds of millions of solar panels.

Not true. Even systems with a covering of dust still convert sun energy to electricity.

Water kills Solar energy, it will always need water and that water will always be needed elsewhere.

Further the financing is crippling. Pure stupidity to allow a company to put a 30,000$ lien on your house.

No matter where you put a solar panel you still need water to clean it. Last time I checked there is water rationing everywhere in California.

Where you going to get all that extra water? You cannot even water your lawn, you think you can water your roof?

On warehouses, with a crew washing the solar panels, during a drought, in a desert, when that water is needed for food. Too expensive to wash.

What about the environmental impact of using fossil fuels to pump extra water to households to wash solar panels. Even on a house, solar energy cannot exist without fossil energy to pump the water to clean hundreds of millions of solar panels.

Not true. Even systems with a covering of dust still convert sun energy to electricity.

What are you smoking, show me where I state what you write, anyhow you dont have to jump in at the end of a thread with a wild accusation, I have given links to actual Solar power plants, hell, look it up yourself and its clear, dont read articles, you get .pdf files of plans submitted to local county offices, environmental impact studies, everything, minutes of meetings,

So, what I wrote is true, what I wrote is fact, what I wrote is taken from .pdf files of solar power plants application for permits to construct green energy as submitted to local governments.

nobody here said a little dust stops the electricity, its all about efficiency, reliability, longevity and proper maintenance of ones equipment. You where glasses you keep your glasses dirty? What about your car, do you wash your car. Do you not own one thing you must keep clean if you want it to work? Have you not ever heard that you must clean things. Does it not even make sense to you that things work better clean, do I need to provide a link to prove this, because I have to tell you, if I have to link something to prove to you a solar power plant lasts longer clean than I doubt a link is enough to educate or teach you.

A little dust, how about desert sand, there aint a little dust in the desert, there is a desert full of sand.

You know how much sand is in the desert, all of it, the entire desert, except for the rock, the fragments of rock, the tiny fragments of granite, the dust of granite, lave rocks.

In the Mojave you also have Searles Valley and Trona, would you call that a little dust. I am laughing now, if you knew what I was talking about you would think I think your dumb.

Trona, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

800px-01-2007-SearlesLake-duststorm.jpg

I guess I presumed what I consider simple knowledge, common knowledge, know to all or most here, so I apologize if I was curt, to put it mildly. I should of offered more information, better now, then never.

So here goes.

Solar is put in the desert where it is real hot in the summer, very dry which means little water.

A desert is also full of rock, sand, dirt, deposits of minerals, open mines of minerals, minerals on the ground. Everything is real dirty, it is kind of like the desert is made of sand, hundreds and hundreds of miles of sand and rock, and dirt, minerals, even plants and the dust from plants that die.

If you have never been in the desert you can trust me when I tell you its a dirty place, there are even giant hills of sand, it gets blown in big hills we call dunes, for miles, and miles, some places have old volcanoes, there are rocks that are uplifted from the ground, things with many layers of different rock and dirty and deposits of minerals in wavy lines, in straight lines.

You can find big rocks, little rocks, rocks that can make you rich.

The desert is just a giant place with sand and rocks.

Think of the desert as a place that your mom would not want you to play in because you would get your school clothes dirty.

Think of the desert as a place that if you left your car out there it would get real dirty very fast, in month easy, and if you did not wash off the sand, dirty, mineral deposit on every shiny part of your car you would destroy the paint.

Now imagine that light coating baked into the surface of your car, left there for months, withing a short period that paint on your car is destroyed.

I wonder what a little Mojave Hell dust and sand whipped up by a storm will do to nice, shiny, perfect, little, wonder, solar panels, manufactured in a clean environment to exacting standards, as perfect a process as billions of dollars of stolen tax dollars. Solar panels researched and developed with my tax dollars for someone else to get rich. Solar panels designed in public funded universities, designed with super computers to get amazing performance.

The shine has something to do with a simple condition needed to convert sunlight to energy. Thats all, no shine and it really does deteriorate rapidly.

The damage is done almost immediately, no responsible operator will allow damage to expensive equipment, remember, it is not disputed that solar power is some of the most expensive and easily damaged equipment used for electricity.

Everyone cleans their car, I cant believe people could possibly not know expensive equipment in the desert will get dirty, sometimes filthy, and due to the harsh conditions will be permanently damaged if not cleaned immediately.

Sorry I did not make it clear that the cement company was moving due to electrical rates being too high. AB 32 is stated it the article, that is California's climate change law that mandates the kind of electricity I will use, let me re-word that, the government is dictating exactly what source electricity will come from, California is dictating the price, California is forcing the people to pay more money for electricity at the same time California is taxing us at a higher rate and giving my money to their friends who own the Green Energy companies.

actually no.

The article did not say that the plant was shutting down because it's electrical rates would increase. In fact it said that the plant would close due to it's CO2 impacts. Cement manufacture requires lots of energy in the form of heat, but more importantly the chemistry involved in the process produces vast quantities of CO2.

You just assumed otherwise. I read the article, you should try that.

Last edited:
I guess I presumed what I consider simple knowledge, common knowledge, know to all or most here, so I apologize if I was curt, to put it mildly. I should of offered more information, better now, then never.

So here goes.

Solar is put in the desert where it is real hot in the summer, very dry which means little water.

A desert is also full of rock, sand, dirt, deposits of minerals, open mines of minerals, minerals on the ground. Everything is real dirty, it is kind of like the desert is made of sand, hundreds and hundreds of miles of sand and rock, and dirt, minerals, even plants and the dust from plants that die.

If you have never been in the desert you can trust me when I tell you its a dirty place, there are even giant hills of sand, it gets blown in big hills we call dunes, for miles, and miles, some places have old volcanoes, there are rocks that are uplifted from the ground, things with many layers of different rock and dirty and deposits of minerals in wavy lines, in straight lines.

Think of the desert as a place that your mom would not want you to play in because you would get your school clothes dirty.

Think of the desert as a place that if you left your car out there it would get real dirty very fast, in month easy, and if you did not wash off the sand, dirty, mineral deposit on every shiny part of your car you would destroy the paint.

Now imagine that light coating baked into the surface of your car, left there for months, withing a short period that paint on your car is destroyed.

I wonder what a little Mojave Hell dust and sand whipped up by a storm will do to nice, shiny, perfect, little, wonder, solar panels, manufactured in a clean environment to exacting standards, as perfect a process as billions of dollars of stolen tax dollars. Solar panels researched and developed with my tax dollars for someone else to get rich. Solar panels designed in public funded universities, designed with super computers to get amazing performance.

The shine has something to do with a simple condition needed to convert sunlight to energy. Thats all, no shine and it really does deteriorate rapidly.

The damage is done almost immediately, no responsible operator will allow damage to expensive equipment, remember, it is not disputed that solar power is some of the most expensive and easily damaged equipment used for electricity.

Everyone cleans their car, I cant believe people could possibly not know expensive equipment in the desert will get dirty, sometimes filthy, and due to the harsh conditions will be permanently damaged if not cleaned immediately.

actually deserts are remarkably clean and free of dust. Downright sterile, skies as clear as any place I have ever seen and I have seen half the world.

Farmland is dusty. Very, very dusty.

Sorry I did not make it clear that the cement company was moving due to electrical rates being too high. AB 32 is stated it the article, that is California's climate change law that mandates the kind of electricity I will use, let me re-word that, the government is dictating exactly what source electricity will come from, California is dictating the price, California is forcing the people to pay more money for electricity at the same time California is taxing us at a higher rate and giving my money to their friends who own the Green Energy companies.

actually no.

The article did not say that the plant was shutting down because it's electrical rates would increase. In fact it said that the plant would close due to it's CO2 impacts. Cement manufacture requires lots of energy in the form of heat, but more importantly the chemistry involved in the process produces vast quantities of CO2.

You just assumed otherwise. I read the article, you should try that.

Yes CO2 impacts, California's version of cap and trade, tax all forms of fossil energy and raise the rates of electricity.

Try again,

2.1199655480.desert_dust_devil.jpg

You know nothing of which you speak and you no less of that which you read, until you can come to an epiphany, that there is dust, dirt, and sand in the desert, then anything a bit more advanced like electricity will be beyond your grasp

Last edited:
LooseCannon, let me get this straight, Cement plants dont use electricity, they use heat. I guess you did not see any Cement plants in the desert, anyhow, for everyone else I post this.

http://www.texascenter.org/publications/cement.pdf

Average consumption of electricity per metric ton of cement produce is 135 kwh

That was the second picture i posted of the desert, first one shows a true chemical dust storm in the Mojave desert.

Last edited:

What are you smoking, show me where I state what you write, anyhow you dont have to jump in at the end of a thread with a wild accusation, I have given links to actual Solar power plants, hell, look it up yourself and its clear, dont read articles, you get .pdf files of plans submitted to local county offices, environmental impact studies, everything, minutes of meetings,

So, what I wrote is true, what I wrote is fact, what I wrote is taken from .pdf files of solar power plants application for permits to construct green energy as submitted to local governments.

nobody here said a little dust stops the electricity, its all about efficiency, reliability, longevity and proper maintenance of ones equipment. You where glasses you keep your glasses dirty? What about your car, do you wash your car. Do you not own one thing you must keep clean if you want it to work? Have you not ever heard that you must clean things. Does it not even make sense to you that things work better clean, do I need to provide a link to prove this, because I have to tell you, if I have to link something to prove to you a solar power plant lasts longer clean than I doubt a link is enough to educate or teach you.

A little dust, how about desert sand, there aint a little dust in the desert, there is a desert full of sand.

You know how much sand is in the desert, all of it, the entire desert, except for the rock, the fragments of rock, the tiny fragments of granite, the dust of granite, lave rocks.

In the Mojave you also have Searles Valley and Trona, would you call that a little dust. I am laughing now, if you knew what I was talking about you would think I think your dumb.

Trona, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

800px-01-2007-SearlesLake-duststorm.jpg

See that white stuff in the desert sky, you know what that white stuff is, dust, made of sodium and potassium minerals of the carbonate, sulfate, borate and halide classes of mineralogy.

Traveled across half the world and never saw a dust devil in the desert, never even heard of a dust storm in the Desert.

People who watch CNN have heard of desert dust storms but loosecannon has no idea they exist.

Loosecannon, you sound like you are an under achiever who has yet to graduate high school.

So here goes.

actually deserts are remarkably clean and free of dust. Downright sterile, skies as clear as any place I have ever seen and I have seen half the world.

Apparently you have never driven from Phoenix to LA Or anywhere in New Mexico. The road is peppered with signs warning about Dust storms and advising you do not drive through them and do not stop along the road in them.

Similar signs can be found through out the Desert SW of the US.

Entrepreneurs, not the US Department of Energy, will make viable solar solutions, if they exist.

The Federal government should not be picking winners and losers in techology.

I see. The federal government really wasted the money they gave in a grant to that fellow in '48 that wanted to investigate the properties of some kind of funny stuff called semiconductors. Can you imagine a more useless waste of government money?

And then there was that project that came in 10 times over budget, did not achieve it's primary objective at all, and was given up that it would ever even be completed. Called the Corps of Discovery. Another waste of government money.

So here goes.

As one who grew up helping out on my grandparents dairy farm... y'all are fulla shit, hoss. Farmland dust has NOTHING on deserts. I hear it's something to do with not having any rain for months or years on end. Crazy shit like that.

Farms CAN be dusty on occasion... but nothing like a desert. Why is it you see people in desert environments investing in goggles and face masks? Dust.

Ever hear of a sand storm? How about the Santa Ana's? They're not just hot winds. They're dry and dust laden.

No wonder you believe in Global warming.

As one who grew up helping out on my grandparents dairy farm... y'all are fulla shit, hoss. Farmland dust has NOTHING on deserts. I hear it's something to do with not having any rain for months or years on end. Crazy shit like that.

Farms CAN be dusty on occasion... but nothing like a desert. Why is it you see people in desert environments investing in goggles and face masks? Dust.

Ever hear of a sand storm? How about the Santa Ana's? They're not just hot winds. They're dry and dust laden.

No wonder you believe in Global warming.

I have lived in the desert, dudette, and I don't believe in global warming.

But thanks for proving yourself dead wrong.

BTW have you ever been to the desert or just fantasized about what they must be like?

Earth to MORON: Sand isn't dust. Try to google up an image of the desert where the skies are not clear.

And Santa Ana's are not dusty winds. at least not until they reach Urbania. You just have no clue.

Yes CO2 impacts, California's version of cap and trade, tax all forms of fossil energy and raise the rates of electricity.

Try again,

Why try again, you were 100% wrong and I astutely pointed that out. Electrical rates have nothing to do with that plant closing.

Nothing.

Traveled across half the world and never saw a dust devil in the desert, never even heard of a dust storm in the Desert.

Yup, in fact I have seen far, far more dust devils in the Williamette valley of rainy, farmy OREGON Than I ever saw after living in the desert for years.

Earth to fool: dust is clay, not sand.

Forum List

Back