Solar Charging For Electric Cars? Could It Work?...

meh............

nobody in America wants to drive those gay cars...........check any poll. But you fairies have fun tootin' around in them and be sure to nod at the ladies when you go by!!!:funnyface::oops:

I'll stick to my fcukking race car.........indeed, makes my penis feel 10 feet long when I pull up next to a SMARTCAR and point at the guy and laugh my ass off. At that moment.......how's he feeling about his Johnson???!!!!!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Let me tell you something...........he's feeling like a dick.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And this little electric would rip Kookybill a new one on the drag strip or top end.

Electric Mini: 0-60 in 4 Seconds: It Has Motors In Its Wheels : TreeHugger

A British engineering firm has put together a high-performance hybrid version of BMW's Mini Cooper. The PML Mini QED has a top speed of 150 mph, a 0-60 mph time of 4.5 seconds. The car uses a small gasoline engine with four 160 horsepower electric motors — one on each wheel. The car has been designed to run for four hours of combined urban/extra urban driving, powered only by a battery and bank of ultra capacitors. The QED supports an all-electric range of 200-250 miles and has a total range of about 932 miles (1,500 km). For longer journeys at higher speeds, a small conventional internal combustion engine (ICE) is used to re-charge the battery. In this hybrid mode, fuel economies of up to 80mpg can be achieved.

Explains Martin Boughtwood, PML’s MD: “Until now, most electric vehicles have been little more than souped-up milk floats, limited by range and speed, with compromised performance. For those with a green conscience who also value an enhanced motoring experience, there is still something missing.

“Working in partnership with our customer, Synergy Innovations, we set out to demonstrate what our electric wheel technology is capable of. We simply took a standard BMW Mini One, discarded the engine, the disc brakes, the wheels, and the gearbox. These components were replaced by four of our electric wheels, a lithium polymer battery, a large ultra capacitor, a very small ICE with generator (so small it almost fits alongside the spare wheel), an energy management system and a sexy in-car display module.”

I've been following the development of this little hybrid for awhile. It looks very promising for sure. A little disingenuous as regards the claim of 640 bhp though. It's only 160 bhp per wheel. You don't get to multiply them! Other than that it is a neat little car.

I'll bet they are seriously awesome in a mega-downour...............those electric cars!!!:lol:

I think the answer to our problem is to start using all available substitutes for fossil fuels, including solar, wind, geo-thermal and bio-fuels derived from corn and hemp. The only thing stopping us from doing that is bribery of and pressure on our legislators and our President by the oil industry.

HTML:
I think the answer to our problem is to start using all available substitutes for fossil fuels, including solar, wind, geo-thermal and bio-fuels derived from corn and hemp. The only thing stopping us from doing that is bribery of and pressure on our legislators and our President by the oil industry.

The problem with that Mike is some of the solutions are worse than the original presenting problem. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

And this little electric would rip Kookybill a new one on the drag strip or top end.

Electric Mini: 0-60 in 4 Seconds: It Has Motors In Its Wheels : TreeHugger

A British engineering firm has put together a high-performance hybrid version of BMW's Mini Cooper. The PML Mini QED has a top speed of 150 mph, a 0-60 mph time of 4.5 seconds. The car uses a small gasoline engine with four 160 horsepower electric motors — one on each wheel. The car has been designed to run for four hours of combined urban/extra urban driving, powered only by a battery and bank of ultra capacitors. The QED supports an all-electric range of 200-250 miles and has a total range of about 932 miles (1,500 km). For longer journeys at higher speeds, a small conventional internal combustion engine (ICE) is used to re-charge the battery. In this hybrid mode, fuel economies of up to 80mpg can be achieved.

Explains Martin Boughtwood, PML’s MD: “Until now, most electric vehicles have been little more than souped-up milk floats, limited by range and speed, with compromised performance. For those with a green conscience who also value an enhanced motoring experience, there is still something missing.

“Working in partnership with our customer, Synergy Innovations, we set out to demonstrate what our electric wheel technology is capable of. We simply took a standard BMW Mini One, discarded the engine, the disc brakes, the wheels, and the gearbox. These components were replaced by four of our electric wheels, a lithium polymer battery, a large ultra capacitor, a very small ICE with generator (so small it almost fits alongside the spare wheel), an energy management system and a sexy in-car display module.”

I've been following the development of this little hybrid for awhile. It looks very promising for sure. A little disingenuous as regards the claim of 640 bhp though. It's only 160 bhp per wheel. You don't get to multiply them! Other than that it is a neat little car.

I'll bet they are seriously awesome in a mega-downour...............those electric cars!!!:lol:

Actually this Mini would probably eat your Mustang for breakfast in a downpour (not however in the dry). It has more low end torque and can deliver it to the ground in a more even distribution. Electric motors when done properly are extremely powerful (just look at that diesel electric train engine running down your local track for an example) it's the power source that is the issue. Hybrids fix that with an ICE (still can't quite get away from those pesky bastards can we!) and smaller, meaning lighter, battery packs.

Actually this Mini would probably eat your Mustang for breakfast in a downpour (not however in the dry). It has more low end torque and can deliver it to the ground in a more even distribution. Electric motors when done properly are extremely powerful (just look at that diesel electric train engine running down your local track for an example) it's the power source that is the issue. Hybrids fix that with an ICE (still can't quite get away from those pesky bastards can we!) and smaller, meaning lighter, battery packs.

Indeed???

Well s0n.........listen up. You knock yourself out and go buy one of those gay electric cars. I'll keep my V8 with headers. Americans dont want this sh!t. Its a fact. Americans dont want to drive around in 2 door SPECKs. All the tree huggers can go grab one. The government isnt going to tell me what I can drive and what I cant..........and there are tens of millions of Americans who think EXACTLY like I do. Not sure when you last went to a car show, but I havent seen one yet where assholes are showing up in their electric panty waist go-carts!!!:lol:

Heres what I'll be driving next year at this time...........2012 Mustang GT 5.0. 412 horsepower can do low 12's with DR's.

2010-roush-427r-mustang-front-angle.jpg

I'll be sure to keep my eyes out for all the environmental goofballs driving those faggoty-ass go- carts!!! I'll make sure to wave to............with a big ass smile on my face!!!:funnyface: And a nod too........after all, more gas for me.:lol:

12%:eek::eek::eek::eek: of Americans prefer to drive small cars compared to the cars they are driving now!!!

Americans Still Shunning Small Cars Even As Gas Prices Rise

Trucks are incredibly popular in our country...........so, ummm.........what do the k00ks assume will replace that?

Oooooooooooooooops!!!!!!!!

Oh...........and Ford sells about 8,000 Mustangs/month. Hmmmm..........guess there are alot of men out there with small dicks!!!!:eusa_dance:

Last edited:

Indeed???

Well s0n.........listen up. You knock yourself out and go buy one of those gay electric cars. I'll keep my V8 with headers. Americans dont want this sh!t. Its a fact. Americans dont want to drive around in 2 door SPECKs. All the tree huggers can go grab one. The government isnt going to tell me what I can drive and what I cant..........and there are tens of millions of Americans who think EXACTLY like I do. Not sure when you last went to a car show, but I havent seen one yet where assholes are showing up in their electric panty waist go-carts!!!:lol:

The government won't have to tell you, Skook.

Sooner or later economics will be your guide.

But hey! if you can afford to play with fast gasoline powered cars right now, have at it.

We all need something that we do just because we enjoy it.

You do realize that the only thing preventing electric motors from being as fast or even faster than muscle cars is that nobody has yet bothered to make one, right?

Hell, electric mag lev trains can hit speeds over 430 kph (267 mph) today.

I don't have much faith that electric cars are the way to go, personally, but as to what electric motors gan generate in terms of power?

Hell, man, there's no practically limit to their power.

Oh and ps.........heres how safe these little gay Smartcars are.......................

Check out this video.....................Video: Smart car jarringly stupid on safety, crash tests show | OregonLive.com

We'll let all the mental cases drive 'em!!!!!!!!

The narrative says, "launches like a beach ball in a crash"

Id say more like launches like a baseball off the bat of Alex Rodrieguez!!:eek::lol::lol::lol:

HAPPY MOTORING ASSHOLES!!!

Indeed???

Well son, I hear you (I have a GT-40 that will absolutely CRUSH your little 'stang there) but I like technical innovation too. The Mini has a lot going for it and where did I ever say you couldn't keep your Mustang? Keep your pants on I just like innovation and hybrids done right are a good option overall.

Oh yeah here's my baby. Original tub rebuilt in the 1990's. Has a minor race history and the little old 289 cubic inch engine has pushed me up to 202mph.

Attachments

• $reno on wednesday 122.jpg
    $reno on wednesday 122.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Heres what I'll be driving next year at this time...........2012 Mustang GT 5.0. 412 horsepower can do low 12's with DR's.

I'll be sure to keep my eyes out for all the environmental goofballs driving those faggoty-ass go- carts!!! I'll make sure to wave to............with a big ass smile on my face!!!:funnyface: And a nod too........after all, more gas for me.:lol:

Low 12's. What a pussy you are. How would you like to get your socks blown off by a 1972 Datsun?

Welcome to Plasma Boy Racing, home of White Zombie, the world's quickest street legal electric door slammer in the 1/4 mile drag.

Best lithium ion powered ET 11.466 @ 114.08 mph!
World's 2nd Quickest & Fastest
'Street Legal Electric Door Slammer'
(in the standing start NHRA timed 1/4 mile, per NEDRA)
1.58 sec. 60 ft. time, 0-60 in ~ 2.9 seconds, 1/8 mile ET 7.2 @ 94.5 mph!

Low 12's. What a pussy you are. How would you like to get your socks blown off by a 1972 Datsun?

Welcome to Plasma Boy Racing, home of White Zombie, the world's quickest street legal electric door slammer in the 1/4 mile drag.

Best lithium ion powered ET 11.466 @ 114.08 mph!
World's 2nd Quickest & Fastest
'Street Legal Electric Door Slammer'
(in the standing start NHRA timed 1/4 mile, per NEDRA)
1.58 sec. 60 ft. time, 0-60 in ~ 2.9 seconds, 1/8 mile ET 7.2 @ 94.5 mph!

gay

does it run on double AA's or triple AAA's??:tomato:

LMAO...........those idiot cars run on 50 or 60 batteries under the hood!!! How awesome??!!!! Thanks but I'll pass.........Id just as soon run my Mustang with 2 pounds of C4 in the trunk!!!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back