Soda is killing me

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
so about 4 years ago , my tonsils , which i've always had problems with, ballooned, and i prepared myself to have a cold for a few days.
but the cold never came.
after my tonsils ballooned a couple of more times, with some pain, i decided to book an appointment with a quack.

the guy practically laughed me out of the office, said my tonsils were inflamed but they don't take tonsils out anymore, so it's "normal"

--------------------

i had an episode where after i ate one day , my chest hurt and the left side of my body went numb, i wasn't able to breathe normally.
i went to the hospital , they took chest xrays, throat xrays, but told me it was nothing.
i said "how did the xrays turn out?"
they told me they lost them.

...so i figured it was something serious

-------------------

after a couple of years i started getting pains in my throat area.
i had to go to a company physical, so i asked that doctor about it ,he said i should have my tonsils removed.

-------------------

after another couple of years, the pain migrated to the top of my stomach, and it seems my lungs are very slightly irritated.
i also started to get weird breathing episodes when i sleep

so i went to a clinic and told them i would like to get some answers for this.

they told me , don't worry, they've seen this before and they can fix it.

he put me on some pills, which i had an allergic reaction to , and after a month or so i had the same problems.

i went back and said "i don't think this is working", he said sorry, there's nothing he could do.

-------------------------

so...knowing what i do...that the health care industry is completely worthless, i decided i needed to figure this out for myself.

they told my cousin ,years ago, not to drink soda because it was tearing up his stomach.
buit when i asked about it they told me that doesn't happen

one day i stumbled across an article that said Mormons don't drink things with carbonation.
i said "Now there's something!"
i figured there had to be a good reason

i drink Pepsi One/Pepsi Max/ Pepsi no cal.
they have no sugar and usually no caffeine

i also stumbled across something that said i was way over the averages of people who drink a lot of soda.

so , since Gatorade upsets my stomach, i decided to buy that sugar lemonade crap, and lay off the soda for a while.

after being off soda for about 4 days i had another glass and it burned my throat all the way down to my stomach.

i've been on antibiotics for a week, and after the first day the pressure left my chest, which was persistent for 3 months.
i'm trying to avoid the carbonation and i'm felling much better.

the moral of the story is , they talk about the sugar and the caffeine, but i think the carbonation is the real danger.
..and oh yeah...don't listen to these quacks and their flavor-of-the-month drugs

Aspartame (aka Nutrasweet) was discovered by the US military during Gulf War 1 to break down at body temperatures into it's base componants. One of the major ones is Formaldehyde. Right now, there has been lab studies showing links between aspartame and all sorts of neurological disorders and tissue damage. Migraines, Alzheimer's, brain tumors, and a few other major issues are linked to it. The shit isn't good for you, particularly when you then look at the by product, Formaldehyde's effects on living tissue. Now you have splenda, which is supposed to be better, but really it's aspartame with a stronger chemical bond so it doesn't break down from heat as easy. Is it good for you? Jury's still out, but it's not looking good.

I use saccarine believe it or not. The cancer warnings have been proven to be based on an impossible danger (eating a boxcar full in a year, no shit you'll die from that).

I've heard from a few people big into health care stuff, especialy from europe, the dangers of carbonation but I've never looked deep into it.

So, I've gotten off a lot of that stuff and gone whole hog towards tea. I sweeten it with saccarine, but that's a sweetener that doesn't seem to do anything bad to me. YMMV.

If you are in want of a 'sports drink' try this, it's a recipie I picked out of a book on Wisconsin History.

Quart of water
2-4 tabespoons of apple cider vinegar
2 pinches of salt
Sugar to taste.

It's actually pretty tasty and apple cider vinegar is EXTREMELY good for you and cheap too.

Forum List

Back