Sockpuppets - why?

I believe that would be the mac address, not IP address.. But ask him and see what he says. :)

And I don't have a clue but appreciate info from both of you. I'm so techie that I now recognize a computer three out of four times that I see one though.

A mac address is an individual computers identification. The IP address is the network address assigned by your internet provider.
You're so smart!:redface:

I believe that would be the mac address, not IP address.. But ask him and see what he says. :)

And I don't have a clue but appreciate info from both of you. I'm so techie that I now recognize a computer three out of four times that I see one though.

A mac address is an individual computers identification. The IP address is the network address assigned by your internet provider.

Damn, and all this time I thought a mac address was McDonalds.

Why are there sockpuppets? I mean, what's the point?

For the uninitiated, the sock puppet is a regular poster who has a couple of different nicks they go under. There are a couple on the USMB that I know of, but probably more, but I'm wondering; what's the point?

1) Is it one-up-man-ship?
2) So they can 'fool' everybody?
3) To shit stir?
4) To show how 'smart' they are compared to us regular Joe's by starting thread and arguments they don't believe in?
5) To show another side of their personality that they want to keep away from their 'real' nick'
6) Are nerds who want to take the piss out of regular posters and get a cheap thrill??

i don't need a sock puppet. I have multiple personalities so you never know what you're going to get with just me :lol:

Forum List

Back