Society...

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
In some respects, it probably should be. In fact, alot of the republican party pushes that without realizing it when they make the argument for the war on terror. How could our founding fathers have realized jet airliners and nuclear weapons back then?

The framework of the constitution should remain the same but adaptations need to occur to respond to the progress of evolution, both good and bad, so that our country can grow and prosper.

I agree with this dk. How odd. I wonder if bully agrees that any aspect of the constitution should remain constant. He villifies constancy itself. What a fruit.

RWA: do you exist in three dimensions, or are you as flat as your responses suggest?

Originally posted by Bry
RWA: do you exist in three dimensions, or are you as flat as your responses suggest?

I just have one word for you: Imodium!

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Say something new, man. Some values should be constant. I bet you also believe the constitution should be a "living document".

In essence, the Constitution is a "living document", it has provisions for change and amendment.

As to some values remaining constant, there's nothing wrong with that so long as they remain useful in promoting the well-being of the individual and society. Once they become a harmful influence, or no longer serve their purpose, they should be left in history's trash heap with all the other crap.

BTW...WHy do you continue to suggest that I'm some sort of leftist?

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
In essence, the Constitution is a "living document", it has provisions for change and amendment.

As to some values remaining constant, there's nothing wrong with that so long as they remain useful in promoting the well-being of the individual and society. Once they become a harmful influence, or no longer serve their purpose, they should be left in history's trash heap with all the other crap.

BTW...WHy do you continue to suggest that I'm some sort of leftist?

No. it's not a living document. Yes it has had a process for change from the get-go. But the whole thing is not on the table for change, though lefties wish it were.

Why do I continue to suggest you're some sort of leftist? Do you think it could be your continued spew of leftist hogwash?

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Why do I continue to suggest you're some sort of leftist? Do you think it could be your continued spew of leftist hogwash?

You're delusional. Go take your meds.

Forum List

Back