Socialized healthcare Good or Bad, you decide

no mistakes. why is it the followers of the obama religion cant see the trouble this will cause? its great everyone will have access, but the man is right, long wait times, no real help, and months of waiting. honestly why cant you see this.

no mistakes. why is it the followers of the obama religion cant see the trouble this will cause? its great everyone will have access, but the man is right, long wait times, no real help, and months of waiting. honestly why cant you see this.

You really need to start reading what people write, not what you suppose they mean.

My comment about your first post having 2 mistakes was because (1) the video doesn't "say it all" and (2), if you think it does then you're not really thinking.

The video doesn't discuss any of the benefits of socialized healthcare, which are numerous. It focuses only on the drawbacks, which are also numerous. As it addresses one issue and not the other it doesn't "say it all", QED.

Your more recent post makes yet further mistakes, specifically:

why is it the followers of the obama religion cant see the trouble this will cause?

Ah, yes, the old "You disagree with me so you must be a democrat / republican" fallacy. You are assuming I support Obama. I don't.

its great everyone will have access, but the man is right, long wait times, no real help, and months of waiting.

You say "the man is right". In many cases, I agree, he is right. My disagreement was not with him (though I think his report is shamefully one sided). My disagreement was with you in saying that his report "says it all". It doesn't.

honestly why cant you see this.

I can see it. And as someone who has spent the majority of their life living in a country with socialized medicine I can quite possibly see it as well or better than you. I've not only seen it, I've experienced it, many many times.

You really need to stop thinking that if someone expresses disagreement with your opinion that you know anything about them other than what they've said.

Honestly, why can't you see this?

Last edited:
well thanks for that but my uncle is from canada, and he was the one that showed me this video. he says this video could not be more accurate. before he was able to make a decent living he had to live through the socialzed health system. im not disagreeing with you on the fact that it seems to be one sided, but the point was made. i do also agree with you it does have benefits, i mean some health care is better than none, but the taxes part is dead on. also it WILL cause the hospitals and private practices to charge more due to loss of patients. i dont blame obama for wanting to change the health care system, but there are so many different ways of doing it. i apologize earlier for assuming you were a obama follower wether you are or you arent. your right that is not a way to debate. now obviously i DO NOT know from first hand experience, but i am told by someone who has experienced it.

well thanks for that but my uncle is from canada, and he was the one that showed me this video. he says this video could not be more accurate. before he was able to make a decent living he had to live through the socialzed health system. im not disagreeing with you on the fact that it seems to be one sided, but the point was made. i do also agree with you it does have benefits, i mean some health care is better than none, but the taxes part is dead on. also it WILL cause the hospitals and private practices to charge more due to loss of patients. i dont blame obama for wanting to change the health care system, but there are so many different ways of doing it. i apologize earlier for assuming you were a obama follower wether you are or you arent. your right that is not a way to debate. now obviously i DO NOT know from first hand experience, but i am told by someone who has experienced it.

I would imagine the video is accurate in many ways. I have waited 4+ hours on numerous occasions in the ER. And the point about not getting sick on a Sunday is fair - fewer doctors and nurses and lots more sports injuries on a Sunday.

My experience was with 30 years of the NHS in Britain. I don't doubt the sincerity and commitment of the doctors and nurses, but the amount of red tape and mismanagement is what drags it all down into the gutter. Plus of course the political correctness and the arbitrary target setting by political masters who are desperate to prove that they're making a difference (which, or course, they're not).

Well it looks like people are hating on your video saying its deceptive.

Lets look at 20/20's opinion [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=refrYKq9tZQ&feature=channel]YouTube - John Stossel - Sick in America - Part 3 (of 6)[/ame]

Or how about how govt run products turn out? [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzhiG0dcwN8&feature=channel]YouTube - John Stossel - Sick in America - Part 4 (of 6)[/ame]

Everyone knows that if you are low income in america you can go to the emergency room and get free care that will be kicked back to the govt for payment already. We have medicare/cade that many low income people fall under but dont sign up for.

WE also know our system has issues that need to be fixed, its far from perfect, but our system is also where people from around the world come to when there is a serious illness and they can afford it....why is that?

I heard cuba had a good system though, better than ours at least [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x6yHrRq774]YouTube - Stossel Cuba Healthcare[/ame]

How dare you sir, how dare you put up a video that goes against what the great and awesome micheal moore says. lol my god people still care about what he has to say? everyone should know he alters the truth to prove his point. anyway those videos hit right on the head of the nail.

65% of bankruptcies are due to healthcare bills

And most of those people were insured.

Researchers from Harvard Law School, Harvard Medical School, and Ohio University reported 60 percent of personal bankruptcies in the United States involved medical bills, an increase of 50 percent over the past six years. Furthermore, seventy-five percent of those bankruptcies were claimed despite having health insurance, intended to cover medical expenses and prevent unaffordable bills.

Majority of Bankruptcies Due to Medical Bills - Consumerism Commentary, personal finance since 2003

The Government will just be the middle man. They already do this for Senators and Seniors. It will be subsodized at first but then will be fully funded by the people. And this will take healthcare off the corporations plates. And no more CEO bonus' for denying us healthcare. And we already have shortages.

Yesterday a right wing talker tried to say we won't get the best drugs if we socialize medicine. Soo funny they say that when today they're already denying us the name brand drugs and giving us generic.

How dare you sir, how dare you put up a video that goes against what the great and awesome micheal moore says. lol my god people still care about what he has to say? everyone should know he alters the truth to prove his point. anyway those videos hit right on the head of the nail.

The right demonizes anyone like Michael Moore who speaks the truth. They'll focus on one little white lie that has NOTHING to do with the main issue, but they will focus on that one mistake/error to trash the whole message.

Just like they did to Dan Rather for reporting that Bush was a draft dodger who went MIA. They busted Rather because he used a forged letter, THAT KARL ROVE FORGED!!! That's how they knew it was forged.

But they totally took the story off of Bush and put the focus on Rather. And got him fired.

So yes, we care what his next documentary will be about. Will it be about the tilted Supreme Court that always sides with business and how that's fucking over Americans? To make righties happy, he should do his next piece on tort reform. Their heads will explode if they have to agree with him.

the idea of socialized health care is a wonderful fantasy, but put into actual use its not as good. my uncle lived in canada till he was roughly 26, and he says it does not work. he only finally got good health care when he saved up the money to come to the states to get it. thats how he meet my aunt. there is a lot of things wrong with him medically that was fixed thanks to american way of healthcare. i see what you are longing for but you have to realize that put in practice just will not work. wait times will be extremely long (you think your the only one that wants free medical) and competetion between doctors will be nill. as for michael moore, even the people he has interviewed says their interviews were not all what they said. much left out. its been agreed on both sides of the political parties that micheal moore is a genius at altering the truth. no one takes him seriously anymore, even the people that are on the side he is. besides screw bush, mccain, and obama, i wanted ron paul to win.

Sealy I'm not going to try and tear down your statements or claim you are wrong

Instead I'm going to present you with a small challenge.

Explain to me how it is a smart Idea to put the same govt that can not make our social security program solvent in charge of health care.

Social Security is a simple savings plan and the reps/dems can't even handle that without making it bankrupt and insolvent. So how can you expect the majority of americans to trust them to run health care for us?

I mean just look at the system they set up http://docs.house.gov/gopleader/House-Democrats-Health-Plan.pdf

They can't handle a savings account but think they can handle that? here is a small pic of the govt's propsal.

chart.jpg

the idea of socialized health care is a wonderful fantasy, but put into actual use its not as good. my uncle lived in canada till he was roughly 26, and he says it does not work. he only finally got good health care when he saved up the money to come to the states to get it. thats how he meet my aunt. there is a lot of things wrong with him medically that was fixed thanks to american way of healthcare. i see what you are longing for but you have to realize that put in practice just will not work. wait times will be extremely long (you think your the only one that wants free medical) and competetion between doctors will be nill. as for michael moore, even the people he has interviewed says their interviews were not all what they said. much left out. its been agreed on both sides of the political parties that micheal moore is a genius at altering the truth. no one takes him seriously anymore, even the people that are on the side he is. besides screw bush, mccain, and obama, i wanted ron paul to win.

1. I have heard the opposite about canada's system.

2. Ask 100 canadians if they want to go to our system and 10 say yes.

3. We have our own horror stories

4. Our healthcare has gotten worse and is getting even worse. Your uncle? When was that?

5. It doesn't have to be socialized healthcare. Just fix what is wrong with our current system.

6. For profits should not be in charge of what care we get, nor should they be allowed to deny. Too bad if it cuts into their profits.

7. Now GOP want to offer solutions? Too late boys. You had your chance.

8. The only real reform is single payer. Anything else is just for the benefit of the for profit CEO's. Their bonus' alone can pay for this. Fuck them.

9. No one who has been unemployed the last year or no one who has lost their job and had to take a job that pays less cares much about these poor CEO's who will no longer make $20 million a year denying us healthcare.

10. You fear your own government and trust a greedy ceo who makes more money by denying you care. That's wise.

Well it looks like people are hating on your video saying its deceptive.

Lets look at 20/20's opinion [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=refrYKq9tZQ&feature=channel]YouTube - John Stossel - Sick in America - Part 3 (of 6)[/ame]

Or how about how govt run products turn out? [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzhiG0dcwN8&feature=channel]YouTube - John Stossel - Sick in America - Part 4 (of 6)[/ame]

Everyone knows that if you are low income in america you can go to the emergency room and get free care that will be kicked back to the govt for payment already. We have medicare/cade that many low income people fall under but dont sign up for.

WE also know our system has issues that need to be fixed, its far from perfect, but our system is also where people from around the world come to when there is a serious illness and they can afford it....why is that?

I heard cuba had a good system though, better than ours at least [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x6yHrRq774]YouTube - Stossel Cuba Healthcare[/ame]

I don't have time to watch the videos right now, but I will. In the meantime however, let me just say that Michael Moore is an unmitigated asshole.

Yes, government run health care is a scathingly brilliant idea.

The House Democrats released their long-awaited draft health care reform bill today, and every rumor about what tax hikes would be included was true--and then some. My friend Ryan Ellis over at Americans for Tax Reform posted the details.

The big shocker is that the surtax on high-income earners, including small businesses, is much steeper than the rumored 3 percent that I talked about in my podcast yesterday. Instead it's 5.4 percent. Not of taxable income, mind you, but of adjusted gross income. That means the tax applies to income that was spent on home mortgage interest, medical expenses, property taxes, charitable contributions, and nearly everything else currently deducted from taxable income.

Combined with President Obama's plan to repeal the Bush tax cuts on schedule in 2011, this would mean hiking the top marginal capital gains tax rate from 15 percent to 25.4 percent--much higher than Obama promised on the campaign trail, and near the 28 percent rate from before the 1997 Bill Clinton tax cuts. Such a tax hike would slam the brakes on capital formation and wallop capital markets with another gut punch just as they are finally beginning to recover from the financial crisis. It would also dramatically inhibit badly needed business investment.

The tax hit on capital gains, however, would pale compared to the new top rate on ordinary income, already scheduled to go from 35% to 39.6 percent in 2011, but now pushed up to 45 percent with the new surtax, and actually substantially higher than that as a percentage of taxable income because the new 5.4 percent surtax is applied to AGI.

Such punitive income tax rates would be a huge impediment to business activity throughout the economy, especially for the small and medium-sized business that create nearly all of the new employment that we need to lead us out of the recession.

And it actually gets a lot worse. Employers would also be mandated to provide health insurance under the bill, and the cost of health insurance would likely skyrocket because of new regulations called guaranteed issue and community rating. The only alternative, which many companies would either be forced into by cost considerations or choose for simplicity, would be to pay a payroll tax of as much as 8 percent. That's on top of the existing 15.3 percent payroll tax for Social Security and Medicare, creating a new total payroll tax of 23.3 percent.

There would also be a new tax on individuals who don't have health insurance, flying in the face of President Obama's key primary campaign promise not to require people to be insured. That tax would be another 2.5 percent of AGI.

These eye-popping numbers, of course, don't include state and local taxes, which are also rising in most of the country.

The Eye-Popping Cost of Obamacare - FOXNews.com

gov_healthcare-782794-1.jpg

Last edited:
Sealy I'm not going to try and tear down your statements or claim you are wrong

Instead I'm going to present you with a small challenge.

Explain to me how it is a smart Idea to put the same govt that can not make our social security program solvent in charge of health care.

Social Security is a simple savings plan and the reps/dems can't even handle that without making it bankrupt and insolvent. So how can you expect the majority of americans to trust them to run health care for us?

I mean just look at the system they set up http://docs.house.gov/gopleader/House-Democrats-Health-Plan.pdf

They can't handle a savings account but think they can handle that? here is a small pic of the govt's propsal.

chart.jpg

Social security is a wonderful program. The politicians are robbing from it. Thats the problem. Maybe we can put this money in a lockbox. :lol:

The GOP didn't just say government sucks, they proved it. Yes, I do fear what the GOP would do to socialized healthcare. They might turn into the CEO's who deny us care so they can spend more on defense.

But, then I think about medicare. Its not bad. Do you think we should end medicare because politicians suck?

PS. For Profits have done more harm than the politicians could ever possibly do. All the scare tactics aimed at killing the single payer plan forget that fact. And they are costing us so much that more and more of us can't afford it and that number is growing. How long until you can't afford it? What then?

And not everyone is insured. They cost twice as much as they should and not everyone is insured. How smart is that?

It was funny the other day when I heard the news say, "republicans have a plan but democrats won't give them a seat at the table".

No shit. They killed reform in the 90's, did nothing from 2000-2006 when they had all the power, and now they want to be heard? Fuck those obstructionists.

The Dems are going to pass something. Will it be perfect? No. But it will be a starting point.

PS. If the for profits want the status quo, have them cut their costs in half. If they can do that, maybe we can talk.

Social security is a wonderful program. The politicians are robbing from it. Thats the problem. Maybe we can put this money in a lockbox. :lol:

The GOP didn't just say government sucks, they proved it. Yes, I do fear what the GOP would do to socialized healthcare. They might turn into the CEO's who deny us care so they can spend more on defense.

But, then I think about medicare. Its not bad. Do you think we should end medicare because politicians suck?

PS. For Profits have done more harm than the politicians could ever possibly do. All the scare tactics aimed at killing the single payer plan forget that fact. And they are costing us so much that more and more of us can't afford it and that number is growing. How long until you can't afford it? What then?

And not everyone is insured. They cost twice as much as they should and not everyone is insured. How smart is that?

But see thats just it....do you think they will keep their hands out of the money in the health care cookie jar? I dont.

I don't deny our system has some serious issues, i just dont think it would be smart for us as americans to trust the same dirtbags who robbed social security with our health and well-being.

Chances are if we put the govt in charge the system will either become broken or even more expensive than it already is. At least that is the experience we have all shared as americans when the govt tries to do things for us.

Nice response BTW

People lucky enough to make $350K a year will pay an extra $1500 and people who make a $1 million will pay an extra $10K. BFD.

Show me a raise of hands people who lost their manufacturing jobs and had to take a job that pays less than what they were making before who give a rats ass.

Or people who went bankrupt because of medical bills.

Or people who were denied healthcare because of pre existing conditions.

Tell me who feels sorry for the top 1.2% earners in this country.

WASHINGTON - House Democrats scrambling for ways to pay for overhauling health care would raise taxes on the wealthiest Americans to levels not seen since the 1980s, breaking one of President Barack Obama's campaign pledges.

The tax increase would be limited to the top 1.2 percent of earners - families that make more than $350,000 a year.

But it would raise a total of $544 billion over the next decade, covering a little more than half the cost of the health care plan.

The bill unveiled by House Democratic leaders Tuesday would create three new tax brackets for high earners, with a top rate of 45 percent for families making more than $1 million.

Overhaul could raise taxes on rich | ASSOCIATED PRESS

Didn't I say the solution to all our problems was to raise taxes on the rich?

I'm a fucking genious. Obama should hire me.

Forum List

Back