Social Security Privatize?

freeandfun1 said:
Ah c'mon, you need to be more caring and willing to share your retirement savings with those less willing to take risk! It is only fair that you take all the risk and then share what you gain from that.

If they do pass an option type program, how long before they decide to tax, at a high rate, anything you earn over what is paid out by SS?

For example, if you take risk and end up with a retirement portfolio that pays you a retirement of $8,000 per month, but SS is only paying 1,200 a month, I bet they will eventually tax you at a higher rate (say maybe 50%) on your "extra" $6,800 a month. How else can they redistribute your earning on the risk you took?

at 8K per month, I guess I would be a rich guy, huh?

Fmr jarhead said:
at 8K per month, I guess I would be a rich guy, huh?

In their eyes? Yes.

It irritates the hell outta me when Clinton tries to compare himself to a couple making a combined $180K a year when he is making $8 million a year. He thinks just because they are in the same tax bracket, they are equal.

I just got a statement from the IRS (Social Security...whomever) with all my wages for the last 20 years or so....funny how a few years (not too far back) I was only making about 4-5K per year.....

It's amazing what a little hard work and determination will get ya!

I guess my biggest problem is, I can't blame the educational system for my failures, since I never went to college....ande we know how good the high schools are at teaching economics, right?

If I had a little "book learning" about taxes and investing when I was in High School, I think I would be miles ahead!

Fmr jarhead said:
I just got a statement from the IRS (Social Security...whomever) with all my wages for the last 20 years or so....funny how a few years (not too far back) I was only making about 4-5K per year.....

It's amazing what a little hard work and determination will get ya!

I guess my biggest problem is, I can't blame the educational system for my failures, since I never went to college....ande we know how good the high schools are at teaching economics, right?

If I had a little "book learning" about taxes and investing when I was in High School, I think I would be miles ahead!

frm jarhead...go to: www.lootingsocialsecurity.com it will set you free!

Forum List

Back