Social Security payout to exceed pay-in this year

yeah right. it was a ss worker person laid that info on me.. but I will see if I can find it in writing.. hold on.

that is a simple system edit to allow only one check to be issued per month to any SS number.

Issue a check set a flag for that SS number in the data Base. If another check tries to come thru and the flag is less than 30 days old raise an alarm.

I'm only telling you what the person sitting in the SS office told me. Shrug! But they have been know to mail rebate checks to dead people overseas who have never been US citizens so I tend to believe the woman.

Not knowing someone is dead is one thing, mailing multiple checks for the same SS number per month ... Well I have to call BS on that one.

Is there a rule that says once you qualify for SS benefits that you have to keep living in the USA?

Hi Yurt:

Social Security payout to exceed pay-in this year

Threshold was not expected to cross until at least 2016

The bursting of the real estate bubble and the ensuing recession have hammered jobs, home prices and now Social Security.

This is what STUPID Americans get for allowing 20 Million Illegal Aliens to strut around EVERYWHERE stealing identities and JOBS from U.S. Citizens. Displaced U.S. Workers cause the destruction of the Consumer/Tax Base, which means fewer and fewer Americans to make offers on your house. Illegal Aliens send money intended for Americans back to their home countries, which means more U.S. Citizens going into foreclosure and fewer Americans to pay into Social Security. You cannot allow millions and millions and millions of Illegal Aliens to continue taking JOBS from Americans without eventually paying the ultimate price of Complete Economic Implosion ...

This year, the system will pay out more in benefits than it receives in payroll taxes, an important threshold it was not expected to cross until at least 2016, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

Nobody can accurately forecast revenues for Social Security, the local Tax Base or anything else, when good-paying JOBS are being outsourced overseas and NAFTA offshoring of the manufacturing base continues unabated. The real number of Americans working in the USA is going DOWN with each and every day, even if the corrupt U.S. Govt hides the truth in their shady reports.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh326ew5L3Q&NR=1"]This Is The Unemployment Reality[/ame]

The Corrupt U.S. Govt is continuing to bring in 1.5 MILLION Foreign Workers EVERY YEAR (story) to take JOBS from Americans, because Obama is here to destroy this once-great nation ...

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
that is a simple system edit to allow only one check to be issued per month to any SS number.

Issue a check set a flag for that SS number in the data Base. If another check tries to come thru and the flag is less than 30 days old raise an alarm.

I'm only telling you what the person sitting in the SS office told me. Shrug! But they have been know to mail rebate checks to dead people overseas who have never been US citizens so I tend to believe the woman.

Not knowing someone is dead is one thing, mailing multiple checks for the same SS number per month ... Well I have to call BS on that one.

Is there a rule that says once you qualify for SS benefits that you have to keep living in the USA?

I have no vested interest in your suspension of belief.. forget I said anything.

Terral, you post is correct except for leaving out the Bush part played on bringing in foreign workers.
It is not only Obama, Blame corporations and greed for the most part on briinging in cheap and illegal labor.

The bursting of the real estate bubble and the ensuing recession have hammered jobs, home prices and now Social Security.

this happened under obama's watch, i wonder if the same libs who blamed bush for everything regarding the economy (like obama) because he happened under his watch will also blame obama

Dude shut the fuck up obama wasn't even President when the economy tanked its not his fault Bush ran this country into the ground

I have no vested interest in your suspension of belief.. forget I said anything.

I am doing my best to deal strictly in truth on this.
Are you?
And the fact is that there are cases every year of people putting a dead relative in a freezer or somesuch so they can keep the SS check coming in.

SS is 100% funded by employer/employee contributions and should not even be in the budget.

the government used it as a slush fund to pay for other shit.....

ss is joke....if you deposited the same money ion a 401k )which you have to do anyway if you don't want to eat dog food in your golden years) you could retire rich.....like ss will take care of when i retire....

and 65...give me a break.....as some one said the life expectancey was 65 when it was created (psst the govt was going to take your money and kept it because they bet you would die) nice program huh.....

I am doing my best to deal strictly in truth on this.
Are you?
And the fact is that there are cases every year of people putting a dead relative in a freezer or somesuch so they can keep the SS check coming in.

I believe what the person told me.

this happened under obama's watch, i wonder if the same libs who blamed bush for everything regarding the economy (like obama) because he happened under his watch will also blame obama

Dude shut the fuck up obama wasn't even President when the economy tanked its not his fault Bush ran this country into the ground

i know ....and not one democrate was in office at that time and no one could do anything....thank god the dems took control of everything and have a majority.....if only the republicans would stop obstructing them and just go along with all their brilliant ideas....

I was a bit off on Reagan putting SS on budget. Apologies I was wrong.

here are some facts on SS.

MYTHS AND MISINFORMATION ABOUT SOCIAL SECURITY- Part 2

Myths and misstatements of fact frequently circulate on the Internet, in email and on websites, and are repeated in endless loops of misinformation. One common set of such misinformation involves a series of questions about the history of the Social Security system.

One Common Form of the Questions:

Q1: Which political party took Social Security from the independent trust fund and put it into the general fund so that Congress could spend it?

Q2: Which political party eliminated the income tax deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding?

Q3: Which political party started taxing Social Security annuities?

Q4: Which political party increased the taxes on Social Security annuities?

Q5: Which political party decided to start giving annuity payments to immigrants?

THE CORRECT ANSWERS TO THE FIVE QUESTIONS

Q1. Which political party took Social Security from the independent trust fund and put it into the general fund so that Congress could spend it?

A1: There has never been any change in the way the Social Security program is financed or the way that Social Security payroll taxes are used by the federal government. The Social Security Trust Fund was created in 1939 as part of the Amendments enacted in that year. From its inception, the Trust Fund has always worked the same way. The Social Security Trust Fund has never been "put into the general fund of the government."

Most likely this question comes from a confusion between the financing of the Social Security program and the way the Social Security Trust Fund is treated in federal budget accounting. Starting in 1969 (due to action by the Johnson Administration in 1968) the transactions to the Trust Fund were included in what is known as the "unified budget." This means that every function of the federal government is included in a single budget. This is sometimes described by saying that the Social Security Trust Funds are "on-budget." This budget treatment of the Social Security Trust Fund continued until 1990 when the Trust Funds were again taken "off-budget." This means only that they are shown as a separate account in the federal budget. But whether the Trust Funds are "on-budget" or "off-budget" is primarily a question of accounting practices--it has no effect on the actual operations of the Trust Fund itself.

Q2: Which political party eliminated the income tax deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding?

A2: There was never any provision of law making the Social Security taxes paid by employees deductible for income tax purposes. In fact, the 1935 law expressly forbid this idea, in Section 803 of Title VIII.

(The text of Title VIII. can be found elsewhere on our website.)

Q3. Which political party started taxing Social Security annuities?

A3. The taxation of Social Security began in 1984 following passage of a set of Amendments in 1983, which were signed into law by President Reagan in April 1983. These amendments passed the Congress in 1983 on an overwhelmingly bi-partisan vote.

The basic rule put in place was that up to 50% of Social Security benefits could be added to taxable income, if the taxpayer's total income exceeded certain thresholds.

The taxation of benefits was a proposal which came from the Greenspan Commission appointed by President Reagan and chaired by Alan Greenspan (who went on to later become the Chairman of the Federal Reserve).

The full text of the Greenspan Commission report is available on our website.

President's Reagan's signing statement for the 1983 Amendments can also be found on our website.

A detailed explanation of the provisions of the 1983 law is also available on the website.

Q4. Which political party increased the taxes on Social Security annuities?

A4. In 1993, legislation was enacted which had the effect of increasing the tax put in place under the 1983 law. It raised from 50% to 85% the portion of Social Security benefits subject to taxation; but the increased percentage only applied to "higher income" beneficiaries. Beneficiaries of modest incomes might still be subject to the 50% rate, or to no taxation at all, depending on their overall taxable income.

This change in the tax rate was one provision in a massive Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (OBRA) passed that year. The OBRA 1993 legislation was deadlocked in the Senate on a tie vote of 50-50 and Vice President Al Gore cast the deciding vote in favor of passage. President Clinton signed the bill into law on August 10, 1993.

(You can find a brief historical summary of the development of taxation of Social Security benefits on the Social Security website.)

Q5. Which political party decided to start giving annuity payments to immigrants?

A5. Neither immigrants nor anyone else is able to collect Social Security benefits without someone paying Social Security payroll taxes into the system. The conditions under which Social Security benefits are payable, and to whom, can be found in the pamphlets available on our website.

The question confuses the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program with Social Security. SSI is a federal welfare program and no contributions, from immigrants or citizens or anyone else, is required for eligibility. Under certain conditions, immigrants can qualify for SSI benefits. The SSI program was an initiative of the Nixon Administration and was signed into law by President Nixon on October 30, 1972.

An explanation of the basics of Social Security, and the distinction between Social Security and SSI, can be found on the Social Security website.

Social Security History FAQs Internet Myths II

Rodriguez, according U.S. immigration officials, is a Mexican national with no right to work in the United States. But thanks in part to Holli’s Social Security number, he had found a decent life for his family in Escondido, which means "hidden" in Spanish. But that that life was safe only if no one found out he was sharing Holli's identity.

Across America, perhaps millions of U.S. citizens are sharing their identities with undocumented workers who are virtually hiding behind Social Security numbers like Rodriguez. The data on the subject are incomplete, but each year nearly 10 million workers pay their taxes using the wrong Social Security number. While this can happen for a variety of reasons, most often it involves restaurant and farm workers, suggesting many of those 10 million workers are employees who are using someone else's SSN to satisfy federal employment requirements.

Getting such documents is hardly an obstacle for illegal immigrants seeking work. Fake Social Security cards and work visas can be purchased in Los Angeles for around $200, law enforcement officials say -- a small investment for the opportunity to work in the United States

Immigrant imposters usually just provide a Social Security card to their employer on their first day of work to fulfill what's known as the “I-9” requirement. Since new employment rules took effect in 1983, U.S. workers must supply documentation to prove they are eligible to work; nearly always, a Social Security number is used. While employers can call the Social Security Administration to perform limited verification of the information, that's seldom done. So it's possible -- in fact common -- that employees’ names and numbers don't match. When that happens, no one gets credit for the taxes paid by the worker. The money simply ends up in the U.S. Treasury. Since 1983, more than $500 billion in uncredited Social Security wages have been earned by so-called "no match" employees like Rodriguez. That hidden financial benefit for the government is one reason, Holli suspects, that agencies don't act more quickly on reports of SSN-only identity theft.

I was a bit off on Reagan putting SS on budget. Apologies I was wrong.

here are some facts on SS.

MYTHS AND MISINFORMATION ABOUT SOCIAL SECURITY- Part 2

Myths and misstatements of fact frequently circulate on the Internet, in email and on websites, and are repeated in endless loops of misinformation. One common set of such misinformation involves a series of questions about the history of the Social Security system.

One Common Form of the Questions:

Q1: Which political party took Social Security from the independent trust fund and put it into the general fund so that Congress could spend it?

Q3: Which political party started taxing Social Security annuities?

Q4: Which political party increased the taxes on Social Security annuities?

Q5: Which political party decided to start giving annuity payments to immigrants?

THE CORRECT ANSWERS TO THE FIVE QUESTIONS

Q1. Which political party took Social Security from the independent trust fund and put it into the general fund so that Congress could spend it?

A1: There has never been any change in the way the Social Security program is financed or the way that Social Security payroll taxes are used by the federal government. The Social Security Trust Fund was created in 1939 as part of the Amendments enacted in that year. From its inception, the Trust Fund has always worked the same way. The Social Security Trust Fund has never been "put into the general fund of the government."

Most likely this question comes from a confusion between the financing of the Social Security program and the way the Social Security Trust Fund is treated in federal budget accounting. Starting in 1969 (due to action by the Johnson Administration in 1968) the transactions to the Trust Fund were included in what is known as the "unified budget." This means that every function of the federal government is included in a single budget. This is sometimes described by saying that the Social Security Trust Funds are "on-budget." This budget treatment of the Social Security Trust Fund continued until 1990 when the Trust Funds were again taken "off-budget." This means only that they are shown as a separate account in the federal budget. But whether the Trust Funds are "on-budget" or "off-budget" is primarily a question of accounting practices--it has no effect on the actual operations of the Trust Fund itself.

A2: There was never any provision of law making the Social Security taxes paid by employees deductible for income tax purposes. In fact, the 1935 law expressly forbid this idea, in Section 803 of Title VIII.

(The text of Title VIII. can be found elsewhere on our website.)

Q3. Which political party started taxing Social Security annuities?

A3. The taxation of Social Security began in 1984 following passage of a set of Amendments in 1983, which were signed into law by President Reagan in April 1983. These amendments passed the Congress in 1983 on an overwhelmingly bi-partisan vote.

The basic rule put in place was that up to 50% of Social Security benefits could be added to taxable income, if the taxpayer's total income exceeded certain thresholds.

The taxation of benefits was a proposal which came from the Greenspan Commission appointed by President Reagan and chaired by Alan Greenspan (who went on to later become the Chairman of the Federal Reserve).

The full text of the Greenspan Commission report is available on our website.

President's Reagan's signing statement for the 1983 Amendments can also be found on our website.

A detailed explanation of the provisions of the 1983 law is also available on the website.

Q4. Which political party increased the taxes on Social Security annuities?

A4. In 1993, legislation was enacted which had the effect of increasing the tax put in place under the 1983 law. It raised from 50% to 85% the portion of Social Security benefits subject to taxation; but the increased percentage only applied to "higher income" beneficiaries. Beneficiaries of modest incomes might still be subject to the 50% rate, or to no taxation at all, depending on their overall taxable income.

This change in the tax rate was one provision in a massive Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (OBRA) passed that year. The OBRA 1993 legislation was deadlocked in the Senate on a tie vote of 50-50 and Vice President Al Gore cast the deciding vote in favor of passage. President Clinton signed the bill into law on August 10, 1993.

(You can find a brief historical summary of the development of taxation of Social Security benefits on the Social Security website.)

Q5. Which political party decided to start giving annuity payments to immigrants?

A5. Neither immigrants nor anyone else is able to collect Social Security benefits without someone paying Social Security payroll taxes into the system. The conditions under which Social Security benefits are payable, and to whom, can be found in the pamphlets available on our website. False False False..

The question confuses the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program with Social Security. SSI is a federal welfare program and no contributions, from immigrants or citizens or anyone else, is required for eligibility. Under certain conditions, immigrants can qualify for SSI benefits. The SSI program was an initiative of the Nixon Administration and was signed into law by President Nixon on October 30, 1972.

An explanation of the basics of Social Security, and the distinction between Social Security and SSI, can be found on the Social Security website.

Social Security History FAQs Internet Myths II

newp

Immigrant imposters usually just provide a Social Security card to their employer on their first day of work to fulfill what's known as the “I-9” requirement. Since new employment rules took effect in 1983, U.S. workers must supply documentation to prove they are eligible to work; nearly always, a Social Security number is used. While employers can call the Social Security Administration to perform limited verification of the information, that's seldom done. So it's possible -- in fact common -- that employees’ names and numbers don't match. When that happens, no one gets credit for the taxes paid by the worker. The money simply ends up in the U.S. Treasury. Since 1983, more than $500 billion in uncredited Social Security wages have been earned by so-called "no match" employees like Rodriguez. That hidden financial benefit for the government is one reason, Holli suspects, that agencies don't act more quickly on reports of SSN-only identity theft.

In addition, employees must present original documents, not photocopies. The only exception is an employee may present a certified copy of a birth certificate. On the form, the employer must verify the employment eligibility and identity documents presented by the employee and record the document information on the I-9 form.

Acceptable I-9 Documents

Employees are required to present either one of the documents from List A or one of the following documents from List B and one of the documents from List C.

List A (Documents that establish both identity and employment eligibility)

•United States Passport
•Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (I-551)
•Temporary Resident Card (I-688)
•Employment Authorization Document (I-766, I-688B, or I-688A)
•Foreign Passport with temporary I-551 stamp
•For aliens authorized to work only for a specific employer, foreign passport with Form I-94 authorizing employment with this employer
List B (Documents that establish identity only)

•Driver's license issued by a state or outlying possession
•ID card issued by a state or outlying possession
•Native American tribal document
•Canadian driver's license or ID card with a photograph (for Canadian aliens authorized to work only for a specific employer)
•School ID card with a photography
•Voter's registration card
•U.S. Military card or draft record
•Miltary dependent's ID Card
List C (Documents that establish employment eligibility only)

•Social Security account number card without employment restrictions
•Original or certified copy of a birth certificate with an official seal issued by a state or local government agency
•Certification of Birth Abroad
•US Citizen ID Card
•Native American tribal document
•Form I-94 authorizing employment with this employer (for aliens authorized to work only for a specific employer)
No I-9 Documentation?

An employee who fails to produce the required document, or a receipt for a replacement document (in the case of lost, stolen or destroyed documents), within three business days of the date employment begins, can be terminated. An employee who shows a receipt has ninety days to present the oringinal documents.

So, before you start your job search, make sure you have all your paperwork in order!

Employment Verification Form: I9 Form Documentation

Forum List

Back