Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid

No, A Government, especially ours, will spend every dime plus more it can get its hands on. Remove one program and 5 more crop up. We have elected officials spending millions on pet projects all across this country, some of them projects with absolutely no redeeming feature except they spend government money in the persons district or State.

It is one thing to look out for ones constituants it is far from that what our elected officials do in the Senate and the House.

Hell the programs mentioned would be in better shape then they are if the funds were not ( in the case of Social Security) General funds, available to be used for any Government spending anyone can dream up.

Like the wizard of oz some people need to go out in search of a heart. If a society cannot support its own it has no right to call itself a society. If for this brief second of time that we exist, we are so selfish we cannot support each other than we are a sad species of primitive being.

excellent site
http://www.swans.com/library/art14/desk067.html

"Following the money is not easy in this global economy and all the schemes and scams that dot its landscape. Take, for example, the path of $16 billion in contracts the U.S. awarded KBR, the former subsidiary of Dick Cheney's Halliburton, for work in Iraq; money that was funneled through shell companies in the Cayman Islands in order to avoid paying US taxes, while Iraq's reconstruction languishes. Or consider the growing number of billionaires on planet Earth in a zero-sum economic game that rewards the lucky few with diamond-studded dog collars, and sends pets-turned-financial-burdens back to the shelter for the unlucky many victims of the subprime-credit-housing scandal that has only scratched the surface. Our Martian Blips..."

Like the wizard of oz some people need to go out in search of a heart. If a society cannot support its own it has no right to call itself a society. If for this brief second of time that we exist, we are so selfish we cannot support each other than we are a sad species of primitive being.

excellent site

"Following the money is not easy in this global economy and all the schemes and scams that dot its landscape. Take, for example, the path of $16 billion in contracts the U.S. awarded KBR, the former subsidiary of Dick Cheney's Halliburton, for work in Iraq; money that was funneled through shell companies in the Cayman Islands in order to avoid paying US taxes, while Iraq's reconstruction languishes. Or consider the growing number of billionaires on planet Earth in a zero-sum economic game that rewards the lucky few with diamond-studded dog collars, and sends pets-turned-financial-burdens back to the shelter for the unlucky many victims of the subprime-credit-housing scandal that has only scratched the surface. Our Martian Blips..."

It wasn't the wizard that was searching for a heart, it was the Metal Lumberjack. And it turned out he always had one. Just as your claim we have no heart is bogus.

Govt can't ensure a standard of living. People are responsible for their own successes or failures and have no business in blaming others for their own shortcomings.

Then why is government involved in preventing crime? Get raped? Its your own damn fault. Obviously you weren't careful enough.

Then why is government involved in preventing crime? Get raped? Its your own damn fault. Obviously you weren't careful enough.

To be more specific, people who look towards govt to make them happy. It is within one's self that happiness is attained. Btw, I'm very happy with my tax dollars going to support law enforcement.

To be more specific, people who look towards govt to make them happy. It is within one's self that happiness is attained.

How very Zen of you.

No, people look for government to make sure they don't get fucked over. Either by someone raping you, by the cruelties of the marketplace, by unfair monopolies, gouging companies, etc, etc.

How very Zen of you.

No, people look for government to make sure they don't get fucked over. Either by someone raping you, by the cruelties of the marketplace, by unfair monopolies, gouging companies, etc, etc.

No, I'm not Zen either. Is that what you look for? Not me. The less govt we have to muck everything up the better. Before you accuse me of being an anarchist, Ill spare your thought process, I'm not.

No, I'm not Zen either. Is that what you look for? Not me. The less govt we have to muck everything up the better. Before you accuse me of being an anarchist, Ill spare your thought process, I'm not.

But yet you just espoused an anarchist ideal.

Alrighty then.

excellent site

Your hopeless, on one hand you say we should get the hell out of Iraq, then in the same breath question Iraq's reconstruction. Those billionaires along with the other top 49% of wage earners pay 97% of income taxes collected. What the fu@# is your point? I understand clearly though you think this country should put its foot on the accelarator toward the defecit cliff.

What would you suggest we have instead? Should we not ensure a standard of living in America?

No we shouldn't ensure it, if people want a certain standard of living, work for it. Stop taking billions of dollars from the hard workers paychecks and let them ensure their own standard of living.

What happens to those who can't get a job?

There are jobs for people who actually want to work. Your talking to a person who has worked for everything I have. I didn't inherit a damn thing. I worked full time, sometimes two jobs and put myself through college. What incentative do I have to look forward to, 30% of income given to people that don't want to help themselves. Who the government so eagerly feeds, provides shelter to, provides welfare to, provides medical care to, provides medical care to their kids, feeds their kids.........etc..etc..... Then when I get ready to retire with the money they have taken out of "my" paycheck the system is going to be bankrupt. Sorry if I don't seem a little more compassionate for governmental charity.

Forum List

Back