Social Security-Kerry?

DKSuddeth said:
I disagree, there will always be inequality and a lack of fairness as long we continue to let selfishness rule our lives.

I don't consider myself selfish....and I could probably get a whole handful of people to vouch for me, as well.

Is everything equal and fair now? It is still an idealistic view that is unattainable .

Fmr jarhead said:
I don't consider myself selfish....and I could probably get a whole handful of people to vouch for me, as well.

Is everything equal and fair now? It is still an idealistic view that is unattainable .

I don't mean selfishness as in 'I want it all', just a basic selfishness of humanity. It is an idealistic view, much like all views are to one extent or another, but can only be attainable if all push for it.

Fmr jarhead said:
I must have missed the queue....where do I go get the rules on life being fair?

Is that some utopian ideal that you are shooting for? Best of luck to you, but there will ALWAYS be inequality and a lack of FAIRNESS as long as there is life on this planet. (doesn't make it correct, but it is a fact).

We are not talking about life. We are talking about the federal government. And the specific rule you are looking for I had already mentioned. The equal protection amendment. i think it is number 14, but I could be wrong on that.

Travis

DKSuddeth said:
I don't mean selfishness as in 'I want it all', just a basic selfishness of humanity. It is an idealistic view, much like all views are to one extent or another, but can only be attainable if all push for it.

I am selfish and think selfishness is a virtue. But redistributing peoples wealth against their will is in my opinion theft. That is why i think the social security system should be dismantled. But until it is dismanteled, the organized theft should be done in the most fair way possible and treat everyone equalling as described in the constitution.

You expect others to just change without motivation? Just for the inherent good of humankind?

It is a lovely sentiment, but it won't happen (unfortunately).

Reality pills are kicking in a little strong today, aren't they....maybe I will dial back my "scrip."

Ever taken a cab ride in NYC.....how much cash ya got.....that's how much it'll cost you, if you are from Iowa, and these are the new immigrants to America, for the most part. Welcome to the land of opportunity! Get yours, before someone else takes it! :usa:

The way I see it....

Since it is well known that the Social Security system is going to
go broke, this banter between you two is moot.

The focus should be, must be, what do we do.

I prefer privatizing...it has been done with great success.
This could also allow for designation of a beneficiary regardless of
marital status.

* A retired $20,000-per-year worker with the personal retirement account would receive $2,740 each month at current interest rates, while Social Security benefits would be about $775 per month.

* A $50,000 per year worker would receive $6,843 from the private plan, compared to $1,302 from Social Security.

In addition, the employer's contribution pays for much more generous benefits than those provided by Social Security.

* The life insurance benefit is three times the worker's salary (with a minimum benefit of $50,000 and a maximum of $150,000); Social Security, by contrast, pays a one-time death benefit of $255 to a surviving spouse.
http://www.ncpa.org/ba/ba215.html

Also...since the Constitution keeps being tossed around,
I'd love to see the reference that makes the Gov. (That's YOU, We the People)
responsible for my retirement.

Mr. P said:
The way I see it....

marital status.

Now stop it, already, how can we have a discussion when you butt in and start making sense? I have a feeling that I am not going to like you very much. You sound like the kinda guy that would sit in the garage and wave at every car that goes by with an adult beverage in hand.

You name isn't Wilson, is it? (RIP.....he was my favorite character on "Home Improvement")

OK...time to get some sleep before my flight to Detroit tomorrow AM.

(Oh yeah....and maybe I'll tip back a Yuengling, first!)

Mr. P said:
The way I see it....

marital status.

it does not and should not. And privatizing = elliminating the social security system complelty. anything else is NOT privatizing.

Fmr jarhead said:
You expect others to just change without motivation? Just for the inherent good of humankind?

It is a lovely sentiment, but it won't happen (unfortunately).

not in our lifetime for sure.

Fmr jarhead said:
Reality pills are kicking in a little strong today, aren't they....maybe I will dial back my "scrip."
:wtf:

Fmr jarhead said:
Ever taken a cab ride in NYC.....how much cash ya got.....that's how much it'll cost you, if you are from Iowa, and these are the new immigrants to America, for the most part. Welcome to the land of opportunity! Get yours, before someone else takes it! :usa:

selfish may not have been appropriate, hoarding maybe.

Fmr jarhead said:
Now stop it, already, how can we have a discussion when you butt in and start making sense? I have a feeling that I am not going to like you very much. You sound like the kinda guy that would sit in the garage and wave at every car that goes by with an adult beverage in hand.

You name isn't Wilson, is it? (RIP.....he was my favorite character on "Home Improvement")

OK...time to get some sleep before my flight to Detroit tomorrow AM.

(Oh yeah....and maybe I'll tip back a Yuengling, first!)

Ha! I'm crushed! My "Feelings" are hurt and I'll have to seek counseling!
No worries...The Government will pay, right? I mean I do have a right to Government provided Health care, don't I?

*Wilson was my Fav. too. But Jill was HOT!*

Mr. P said:
Ha! I'm crushed! My "Feelings" are hurt and I'll have to seek counseling!
No worries...The Government will pay, right? I mean I do have a right to Government provided Health care, don't I?

*Wilson was my Fav. too. But Jill was HOT!*

Feelings and $4 will get you a cup of coffee!!!!

Yep....cash in your personal savings and investments....there is no place in a caring society for you to have more than any other retired person. The government (under kERRY) will see to that!

(Heidi...not Pam Anderson's character.... was better than Jill...but Jill was pretty cute in the "girl next door kind" of way)

Wait in line, just like our neighbors to the north for your health care. What doesn't kill you immediately will make you stronger and save the government more money, too.

Forum List

Back