Social Security audit finds dead people getting checks

it's good the audit found this....and good they are revising their methods of ensuring one is dead or not dead....

I am certain there are many people cheating us, by continuing to receive their mother's or father's SS check and cashing them, even after death.

Even in a private system, mistakes like such would happen...human error and thieves, just can't ever be eradicated completely k-man.

it's good the audit found this....and good they are revising their methods of ensuring one is dead or not dead....

I am certain there are many people cheating us, by continuing to receive their mother's or father's SS check and cashing them, even after death.

Even in a private system, mistakes like such would happen...human error and thieves, just can't ever be eradicated completely k-man.

I agree mistakes are going to happen... whether it's private companies or the government... the issue is with people who think the government can do it better... without private companies competing what is the government's incentive to make things better?

Could you imagaine if Social Security had a competitor????? Either it would get better or go out of business... it's that simple... without competition there is no reason for the people running the program to improve it....

I agree mistakes are going to happen... whether it's private companies or the government... the issue is with people who think the government can do it better... without private companies competing what is the government's incentive to make things better?

Could you imagaine if Social Security had a competitor????? Either it would get better or go out of business... it's that simple... without competition there is no reason for the people running the program to improve it....

Like healthcare is getting so much better because of the competition, right?

Or maybe how the financial system is so great with all that competition, right?

Why are you so in bed with the government being in charge of everything? Seriously, you need help.

Willow knows.. they dug up the dead to vote, they sent stimulus checks to a dead man who had never ever been in the system,, so why wouldn't they send checks to dead people? it's all fraud. that's what democwats are built on fraud! Think Conyers! didn't she just resign? for fraud? :)

Willow knows.. they dug up the dead to vote, they sent stimulus checks to a dead man who had never ever been in the system,, so why wouldn't they send checks to dead people? it's all fraud. that's what democwats are built on fraud! Think Conyers! didn't she just resign? for fraud? :)

There is fraud in the private sector too, and I would venture to say it far surpasses the fraud found in government. That is not to say, we should turn everything over to the government, but there is a place where government can be just as effective if not moreso than the private sector. The difficult part is figuring out where government is more effective and where not. It would be easy if everything was black and white. Unfortunately, too many here believe it is, either for one side or the other.

There is fraud in the private sector too, and I would venture to say it far surpasses the fraud found in government. That is not to say, we should turn everything over to the government, but there is a place where government can be just as effective if not moreso than the private sector. The difficult part is figuring out where government is more effective and where not. It would be easy if everything was black and white. Unfortunately, too many here believe it is, either for one side or the other.

I think it's more about competition, the government doesn't have any, simple as that. There needs to be a free market, and government should only be doing what it was originally intended to do. It's gotten too far out of hand.

Why are you so in bed with the government being in charge of everything? Seriously, you need help.

I'm not. But feel free to make up more shit, after all thats all you've got.

I'm not. But feel free to make up more shit, after all thats all you've got.

Whatever you say, Nik. :lol:

Well it certainly wasn't for cheating on her wife in Costa Rica or lying us into a war because those things go un punished. :lol:

Last edited:

I think it's more about competition, the government doesn't have any, simple as that. There needs to be a free market, and government should only be doing what it was originally intended to do. It's gotten too far out of hand.

I despise that simplistic argument. There's no way in hell this nation can possibly take giant steps backward.

Well it certainly wasn't for cheating on her wife in Costa Rica or lying us into a war because those things go un punished. :lol:

Or stealing millions from Indian tribes (Bob Ney, Steven Griles and David Safavian).

I despise that simplistic argument. There's no way in hell this nation can possibly take giant steps backward.

Well, whether or not you think it can happen, it is. We're on the brink of a depression, that's not a 'scare tactic', it's a reality. They'll use that to their every advantage, they're doing so already. It will take until my children are well into middle adult hood to get back to where we should be, if it ever happens. I care about this b/c of my children and their future and I'm watching it be destroyed by these corrupt, power hungry assholes in Washington.

Well, whether or not you think it can happen, it is. We're on the brink of a depression, that's not a 'scare tactic', it's a reality. They'll use that to their every advantage, they're doing so already. It will take until my children are well into middle adult hood to get back to where we should be, if it ever happens. I care about this b/c of my children and their future and I'm watching it be destroyed by these corrupt, power hungry assholes in Washington.

I worried about Reagan's deficit spending for the same reason. George H.W. Bush tried to get Reagan's deficit under control and lost the election to somebody who did, and Junior caused it to shoot right back up. Funny that the whole "deficit" problem is suddenly something "new" that conservatives worry about.

Where is the "New" non-GOP conservative plan for deficit reduction? Their latest proposal in the health care debate would also cost the taxpayers $1.5 trillion. Imagine that. They want to "cut spending" which is a two-word talking point meaning zilch because they know damned well that "cutting spending" on existing domestic programs means loss of precious votes they so desperately need.

Just FYI... The majority of Americans like their healthcare as it currently is...

As Obama Pushes National Health Care, Most Americans Already Happy With Coverage - Political News - FOXNews.com

and just FYI... Government run healthcare is a huge success in Mass...LOL 26% consider it a success... LOL

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere

You really need to wake up and start thinking for yourself... You do know that Government run means more taxes for the people right? Maybe you don't pay taxes so it's a great idea for you but for us who pay taxes it's not fair....

By the way have you seen Medicare lately... Why do you think it is a success? I wait anxiously for your answer....LOL

Amen brother... There is absolutely NO incentive for the government to increase effiency in something when they know they can just increase taxes to fix their mistakes.... It's amazing people are too dumb to see this... and these people vote!!!! :eek:

I think you will find the majority of people who don't care about this don't have children... so they are the most important person in their life and when they are gone their view is "F" the rest....

Forum List

Back