social security.....any info will be appreciated

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
i will be 62 this june and due to the bladder cancer i see no reason to wait....but i need a lot of info and have no clue where to find it...i have attempted to call the local well hour away social security offices with no luck....just the automatic systems...

how do i figure out how much i will get?

or where do i find out?

my hubby is younger than me....i understand we can file on me then flip it over to him at a later date?

any info is more than i have at this point..and yes i have looked on the net and gotten even more confused

I signed up online. The whole process took about 15 minutes to complete and my checks have been coming like clockwork the 2nd Wednesday of the month for three years now.

I also went in at 62. I looked at the numbers and figured the break even point was somewhere in my mid seventies.

i will be 62 this june and due to the bladder cancer i see no reason to wait....but i need a lot of info and have no clue where to find it...i have attempted to call the local well hour away social security offices with no luck....just the automatic systems...

how do i figure out how much i will get?

or where do i find out?

my hubby is younger than me....i understand we can file on me then flip it over to him at a later date?

any info is more than i have at this point..and yes i have looked on the net and gotten even more confused

As far as how much you're set up for, SSA should have been sending you projections for years. If they haven't maybe you can request it (?) The website is ssa.gov

I'm still holding out, for now, but FYI it's supposed to take three months from the time you apply to the time payments start. That's what they say, haven't done it yet.

My brother worked for ssa (he's retired now), if you have arcane questions maybe I can relay 'em. I also get good general advice (including basic SS queries) from my investment manager, if you have on of those.

Forum List

Back