Social-Economic Degeneration in the United States: Causes and Factors

The Myopia Epidemic.Images

Authors:CREWTHER, SHEILA
MURPHY, MELANIE
CREWTHER, DAVIDSource:Australasian Science; Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p23-25, 3p, 3 Color Photographs, 1 DiagramDocument Type:ArticleSubject Terms:MYOPIA
YOUNG adults
EYE -- Accommodation & refraction
EYE -- Refractive errors
VISION disordersAbstract:The article focuses on the prevalence of myopia. In the past 30 years, there has been a great increase in the percentage of children and young adults developing short-sightedness or myopia. Most of the research aimed at understanding the development of refractive errors has centered on light and image formation entering the eye but it has explained how visual input signal is converted into a message to slow the rate of ocular growth. In 2009, it was discovered that the manipulation of ions could prevent abnormal eye growth.ISSN:1442679X

This again shows that you have a problem with definitions. Not one of those articles mentions eugenics.

Nearsightedness increasing.Authors:Seppa, NathanSource:Science News; 1/16/2010, Vol. 177 Issue 2, p13-13, 1/3pDocument Type:ArticleSubject Terms:COMPARATIVE studies
MYOPIA
EYE -- Refractive errors
HEALTH surveys -- United StatesGeographic Terms:UNITED States Report Available Abstract:The article discusses a report in the December 2009 issue of the "Archives of Ophthalmology" showing an increase in the number of nearsighted individuals in the U.S. The researchers analyzed a health survey to rate vision by comparing results from people tested in the 1970s with test results from 1999-2004. They found in addition to increased nearsightedness, severity of the condition also worsened.Lexile:1490Full Text Word Count:151ISSN:00368423Accession Number:47602367

It's eugenics by definition

eugenics: the science which deals with all influences that improve the inborn qualities of a race; also with those that develop them to the utmost advantage.

It necessarily includes all relevant fields, just as firefighting involves all sciences and means relevant to the spread and control of fire.

Nearsightedness increasing.Authors:Seppa, NathanSource:Science News; 1/16/2010, Vol. 177 Issue 2, p13-13, 1/3pDocument Type:ArticleSubject Terms:COMPARATIVE studies
MYOPIA
EYE -- Refractive errors
HEALTH surveys -- United StatesGeographic Terms:UNITED States Report Available Abstract:The article discusses a report in the December 2009 issue of the "Archives of Ophthalmology" showing an increase in the number of nearsighted individuals in the U.S. The researchers analyzed a health survey to rate vision by comparing results from people tested in the 1970s with test results from 1999-2004. They found in addition to increased nearsightedness, severity of the condition also worsened.Lexile:1490Full Text Word Count:151ISSN:00368423Accession Number:47602367

Same thing we already discussed.

Throwing up the same data again and again does not prove you are right, it just proves the data exists.

Right... data that show an increase in myopia doesn't prove an increase in myopia, it just proves the studies show an increase in myopia..

and there's no evidence that Earth orbits the sun because all you can actually show is that the evidence exists that says Earth orbits the sun :lol:

Right... data that show an increase in myopia doesn't prove an increase in myopia, it just proves the studies show an increase in myopia..

and there's no evidence that Earth orbits the sun because all you can actually show is that the evidence exists that says Earth orbits the sun :lol:

No, data that proves that myopia is diagnosed more does not prove an increase in myopia. More people have access to eye screening now than in 1970, and this study does not account for the difference screening availability, or even the different screening techniques. Until that variable is taken into account all you have is some interesting statistical data that does not prove anything.

yes... there's no evidence of an increase or decrease in any disease, or in any change in anything at all in the history of the universe, because they haven't been measuring things in exactly the same way this whole time :lol:

Where did I say that?

Your problem is that you are pointing to faulty data as evidence that something is happening. I summed that practice up in my first post in this thread. I can repeat it if you forgot.

Bullshit.

The data is faulty? Interesting... Where is your peer-reviewed refutation? You submitted it to the same journal, yes? Please cite it.

You said you were familiar with the process.

Last edited:
Comparing data from two studies decades apart and using them to prove that something is happening is a fualty approach. You would acknowledge that if you were honest, but I do not expect miracles.

:lol:

you talking about being honest?

:lol:

You are taking a data set from the 70s and one from 2004. They used different methodologies, and used different standards, to obtain results that indicate a trend. Using this criteria I could prove that entropy is decreasing if I was selective enough. That makes the data faulty, but you are trying to say I am dishonest because I keep insisting that you cannot redefine terms for your own convenience.

Forum List

Back