Social darwinism, the pet of the left...

No, it's not. It's a progressive ideology. "The earth can't support this many people, so eliminate the people." "Imperfect people have no value, eliminate them." "Unborn babies will be criminals, kill them".

1. You are right. The earth can't support this many people. The population is reaching what scientists say is a dangerous number of people. I forget the number, but its billions or trillions of people.

Do you not realize we are overpopulating this planet? Really?

Abortion is a necessary evil. And yes, one of its benefits is population control.

Want to lessen the number of abortions? Encourage birth control!!!!

No one said imperfect people have no value. Who's perfect? Your family is full of imperfect people and you value them, right?

"In its most extreme forms, Social Darwinism has been used to justify eugenics programs aimed at weeding "undesirable" genes from the population; such programs were sometimes accompanied by sterilization laws directed against "unfit" individuals. The American eugenics movement was relatively popular between about 1910-1930, during which 24 states passed sterilization laws and Congress passed a law restricting immigration from certain areas deemed to be unfit. Social Darwinist ideas, though in different forms, were also applied by the Nazi party in Germany to justify their eugenics programs.

Social Darwinism

Whenever a lefty makes a claim always assume the exact opposite is true. In this case, a fascist in another thread has declared that conservatives are bringing back social darwinism.

Hmmm, thought I, that's a new one. Let me look into this...

And sure enough, it's a darling ideology of the left.

Just as their claim that they are particularly attached to the concept of separation of church and state is hiding the fact that they think the state should supplant the church and forbid people from adhering to their faith, the claim that social darwinism is a right wing ideology is hiding the fact that it really is a pet of the left.

Isn't "survival of the fittest" a conservative mantra?

"Survival of the fittest" is the assumed benefit of the Predator vs. Prey dynamic. Were we to apply the dynamic to society guess who plays predator and who is the designated prey. Doesn't sound so noble when you call it by it's real name, "preying on the weak".

Survival of the fittest is eugenics, and that is a leftist ideology. Talk to a lefty about how to "fix" vulnerable cultures where children are starving...their "fix" is to sterilize and abort them, and to reduce numbers instead of increasing availability to food. That's survival of the fittest.

Survival of the fittest is eugenics, and that is a leftist ideology. Talk to a lefty about how to "fix" vulnerable cultures where children are starving...their "fix" is to sterilize and abort them, and to reduce numbers instead of increasing availability to food. That's survival of the fittest.

Eugenics is an entirely different topic than social Darwinism. Social Darwinism has do to with income distribution, social mobility and opportunity.

I know, and as such it's just silliness and a logical fallacy.

But a liberal brought it up so I felt like turning it around.

Survival of the fittest is the best way to ensure survival. It is nature's way of weeding out the weak. Those who cannot change don't survive. Which means that the buggy whip maker and typewriter repairman better adapt or starve in the streets.

Survival of the fittest is the best way to ensure survival.

Survival of the fittest and adaptation to change are two different ideas.

One is that the STRONG survive.
The other says the one most ADAPTABLE TO CHANGE survives.

When CONZ hear survival of the fittest, they think it's dog eat dog.
But in fact, dog HELPING dog is what would win the day.

Forum List

Back