Social Conservatives: Do You Believe that the GOP is an Honest Political Broker?

Do you think the GOP is an honest broker of political interests any more if ever?

• Yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Dunno

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
The role of political parties, among others, is to broker the political interests of their constituents so that they can most effectively compete in the next elections. It is kind of a free market approach to politics. But critical to them playing their roles is that they have the trust of their constituents and thus have maintained their integrity and objectivity when it comes to appraising and balancing out those constituents.

But as I watched the election results last night, severl thoughts came to me.

1. Arizona is one of the most conservative states in the country, but because of the structure of the GOP at the national level they overwhelmingly voted for a man with on of the most liberal records of ANY party in the last 50 years of our nation. Wondering how that kind of travesty can happen under the leadership of the GOP suggests that there is no honesty within the party leadership any more.

The Wall Street banks clearly have the ability to sell swampland to the supposed conservative leadership within the GOP and the result is that for the last two decades the GOP has only managed to find one successful candidate for President.

But once the conservatives wake up the morning after this coming Presidential election and realize what a fraud they had as their nominee, just like they did with Ford, Dole and McCain, will there be much room for the rank and file to maintain any confidence in the GOP leadership at all?

2. The Iowa and Maine caucuses and the Virginia GOP balot process has shown that the leadership of entire states can be bought by the GOP banksters. As I watched the results come in from Michigan last night and showed Romney win by 3%, it was within the rough framework I thought the vote might come in around, but I felt this nagging feeling that the Romney camp cheated and the GOP let them get away with it. I realized I really dont think the GOP will give any social conservative candidates a chance and will rig the process against them at every opportunity.

So my question is directed at social conservatives of any party; Do you think the GOP is an honest broker of political interests any more if ever?

Yep both parties are corrupt.
But I do have to add that AZ. has a large population of Mormons.

You bet it does. I used to live in Phoenix, Apache Junction, which was right next to Mesa, and Mesa was like "little Utah" it was so full of Mormons.

The platform is there to facilitate our ideas. Sadly they can only promote the candidates that choose to run. We haven't had any real conservatives run so its hard to blame the platform. Things will change in 2016 as all the old guard should start retiring allowing the new young hopefuls to shine.... I HOPE

Forum List

Back