soccer(real football) is best sport .but american dont watch it. why? politic?

Soccer is a most popular sport in Europe and Latin America.
I do agree that American sports rely on commercial TV for coverage and there is only one half-time break in soccer so that must be one reason.
Very many American children, like their counterparts in Europe, do play soccer in grade school and middle school but I imagine there is little place for it in high schools.
Perhaps, as the demand for it from students at the high school level increases, there will be support coming from their schools and communities. The demand will have to come from the ground up with neighborhoods competing and then town teams. TV will come later.
Has nothing to do with breaks. Has everything to do with the excitement in between. Soccer has jack shit happen for a couple hours, then they take a break from the nothing happening before resuming the nothing happening for the next couple hours. Which is pretty much how Europeans and Latin Americans live their lives.

Of course we like playing soccer when we're younger because it kinda fun to play and at that level kind of exciting if you're on the field. It's not something I'm going to watch on TV though. Like golf. I like playing golf. The sheer amount of beer you can drink playing that stupid game makes it fun with the right people. I'm sure as hell not going to watch someone else play.

Soccer is a most popular sport in Europe and Latin America.
I do agree that American sports rely on commercial TV for coverage and there is only one half-time break in soccer so that must be one reason.
Very many American children, like their counterparts in Europe, do play soccer in grade school and middle school but I imagine there is little place for it in high schools.
Perhaps, as the demand for it from students at the high school level increases, there will be support coming from their schools and communities. The demand will have to come from the ground up with neighborhoods competing and then town teams. TV will come later.
Has nothing to do with breaks. Has everything to do with the excitement in between. Soccer has jack shit happen for a couple hours, then they take a break from the nothing happening before resuming the nothing happening for the next couple hours. Which is pretty much how Europeans and Latin Americans live their lives.

Of course we like playing soccer when we're younger because it kinda fun to play and at that level kind of exciting if you're on the field. It's not something I'm going to watch on TV though. Like golf. I like playing golf. The sheer amount of beer you can drink playing that stupid game makes it fun with the right people. I'm sure as hell not going to watch someone else play.
That's why electric golf carts are so numerous, to carry all the beer...

FWIW, one branch of my family is soccer-crazy. The kids all play, the dads all coach, some of the kids played in college...

And yet NONE of them would ever pay to see a "normal" soccer game. Not even go to their local HS team. A couple of them went to world cup matches that were reasonably close, but that's it. To them, it's not a very good spectator sport.

Doesn't look like you were banned.

The day ain't over yet.
lol.gif

I got a racing-related story....Two other guys and I started a little t-shirt printing enterprise in 1970 and one of our first customers was the shop that sponsored me. They ordered 50 Husqvarna shirts with the Husky logo. I hand-cut the design on lacquer film, another guy made the silkscreen, and we printed them. Delivered the order, got paid, got home, and the phone rang. It was the owner Ken. So I start the conversation by asking him if he needed to reorder already. He didn't laugh. He says: "how do you spell Husqvarna?" I say "Husqavarna" just like it sounds. He says: "grab a Dirt Bike magazine and check on that". OH MAN......So I tell him I'll give him his money back but he says "NO WAY....I'm telling these guys the shirts are factory misprints and will be valuable someday." So I laugh, relieved as all hell and say "So, how about another 50 of them?"....He says: "Don't press your luck, dumbass".
lol.gif

Tom Horn; Right spelling or wrong, you were guilty of a gross trademark violation, which could have resulted in a rather costly lawsuit. You can't just print a trademark because someone asks you to.

Trump the great American sucker player ........ oooopppss ........ The great American Soccer player.
Since the history of World Cup the USA team never won a soccer match against Mexico. In the year 2017 a rookie player name Donald Trump, who never kick a soccer ball in his life, emerged as the last hope to Make America Great Again.

World Cup: MEXICO vs USA

The stadium was packed, America and the whole world are watching, chanting USA USA USA.

Game Start: Kickoff ..............
Mexican Team: ......... QUE?....... WTF ......... WTF ....... CABRON TRUMP ....... ASSHOLE......... FUCK YOU TRUMP ......... AMIGOS ........ CORRER POR TU VIIIIDDAAAA (friends run for your liiiifffee ).
All mexican soccer players, water boys, coaches are all running towards the nearest exit. Not a single mexican soul can be seen inside the soccer field.

The whole stadium and around the world was stunned, shocked and in disbelief.
USA WON BY DEFAULT.

Press Conference: Congratulations Mr. Trump, you are beautiful, awesome, gifted a phenom.

Trump: Thank you. Thank you. Its an honor to beat the best soccer team in the world. Piece of cake, bunch of pussies, they are not that tough after all.

Press Conference: Can you tell us the WTF kind of game play was that Mr. Trump?

Trump: I changed the logo of our uniform from USA to I.C.E. (IMMIGRATION CUSTOM ENFORCEMENT)

Forum List

Back