Soccer and hockey

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
The national sports of most nations in the world.

One played on ice - one on grass. Other than that - identica l sports.

Common-denominator - boring.

Watched Game 7 of the Boston-Tampa Bay Eastern Conf finals - thought I would give hockey a chance. Impress me - make me a fan.

0-0 midway through the 3rd period - when I cut away to another channel for a few minutes - Boston scores the winning goal.

figures

an excrutiating wasted 2 and a half hours

Last edited:
I love hockey... I've never heard anyone call it boring tho. I will admit at times it can be boring but thats not usually the case, however some teams will go down into "clamp down mode" and start to play a game of cat and mouse. Hell, the Devils did that for a decade - they're still doing it.

If you're looking for a high scoring hybrid of both try lacrosse.

Every time I have watched hockey or soccer in big games ( IMPRESS ME, MAKE ME A FAN) (World Cup finale Spain vs ???) I have been let down...................................

Every time I have watched hockey or soccer in big games ( IMPRESS ME, MAKE ME A FAN) (World Cup finale Spain vs ???) I have been let down...................................

Did you watch the Philly/Chicago final last year?

That series was epic..

Hell, the Chicago/Vancouver series was epic this year. Vancouver had a 3-0 series lead and the Hawks came back to tie the series at 3-3 and in game 7 Vancouver was leading by a goal with a few minutes left in the game and they were on the power play when the Hawks captain scored a short handed goal to tie the game up and send it into overtime.... The Nucks won the game in OT on a giveaway, however it was heart pounding excitement.

You're just not watching the right games man...

I almost fell asleep watching the 2010 World final between Spain and (Argentina)?????

If you really want to become a fan of either of these sports what you need to do is to learn about the sport. You need to learn the tactics and strategy that go into them, along with the rules. These sports have such a ravenous following abroad because they are the sports that these people play from the time they're old enough to walk. They live, eat, sleep, and breath these sports. They can intelligently discuss the merits of different strategies and formations by they time they are teenagers, if not earlier than that.

To really become a fan of either sport is not something that is going to happen overnight. Neither sport's interest is based purely on offensive output like football or baseball or basketball are. These are more subtle sports, especially soccer, which has almost as much in common with chess as it does with any physical sport.

Forum List

Back