So

They didn't bail out the unions, they bailed out GM. It isn't the unions fault that the executives at GM can't run a business. And without Unions, we have a failed middle class.

what you have with the unions is 800 thousand retired with pensions that are unsustainable because only 85,000 are working to pay them. tha'ts what you have. Unions ruined the auto industry in the US.

No, over inflated executive salaries ruined the auto industry, along with Reagan and his economic plan. How come union workers haven't destroyed the german market?
Why don't you check out how the CEO of Honda lives.
Like I said Willow, you are taking the side of executives who pay themselves 400 times what their employees make. Good job.
How about the fact they were still flying in private planes after they took a bailout.

What I know is GM owes us 50 Billion dollars. Their stock is going to sell at $33 per share and we the taxpayer ain't getting shit for our money. You think that's fair? You izz DUmb.

GM Stock Is Priced at $33 - WSJ.com

What has happened since the Reagan years? Loss of factory jobs
When did the auto industry start to go down the drain? During the 80's.
Who did Reagan go after? The Unions
See a pattern?

Toyota and Ford do quite nicely. With or without Reagan. Tia.

So, you trying to be like Allie now? What is the point of calling me Luisser? Do I change your name? NOPE

And Toyota employees would not be making the wages they do if it was not for the Unions.
Why don't you check out countries with no unions, and see how much their average worker gets paid. ;)

That is a stupid arguement.... American workers get paid a very good wage here. The unions dont get them better pay... They scrape it off the top and pay off politicians with it.

There a ton of folks getting rich out there with NO THANKS to any union.
They do it themself.... I am comfortable in my job, and there is'nt a union in sight!

Why don't you check out what factory workers got paid before unions. Unions are the reason why they make the amount they do.
Why is it that when more people belonged to Unions we had a stronger middle class, and a stronger economy?

As I always tell my dad.... unions had a place in history.... yes, they did do some really good things....

DECADES AGO.......

They are'nt needed any longer.... at least not here in America. We have laws against slave labor

Jeez...... If ya dont like what someone is offering to pay ya.... walk! Go look elsewhere.... If someone is willing to dig a ditch for $8.00 an hour.... thats their choice.

That is a stupid arguement.... American workers get paid a very good wage here. The unions dont get them better pay... They scrape it off the top and pay off politicians with it.

There a ton of folks getting rich out there with NO THANKS to any union.
They do it themself.... I am comfortable in my job, and there is'nt a union in sight!

Why don't you check out what factory workers got paid before unions. Unions are the reason why they make the amount they do.
Why is it that when more people belonged to Unions we had a stronger middle class, and a stronger economy?

As I always tell my dad.... unions had a place in history.... yes, they did do some really good things....

DECADES AGO.......

They are'nt needed any longer.... at least not here in America. We have laws against slave labor

Jeez...... If ya dont like what someone is offering to pay ya.... walk! Go look elsewhere.... If someone is willing to dig a ditch for $8.00 an hour.... thats their choice.

Watch the Frontline episode on BP, none of those workers would have been able to speak out if it wasn't for the fact they were protected by a union.
And in this market you can't afford to go elsewhere.

See a pattern?

Jimmy Carter..... that s who!

He was saddled with the crappy politicians that were there before him.... after he left office America saw a boom in the economy, and Billy BJ Clinton rode the wave all the way to Lewinsky's mouth!

See a pattern?

Toyota and Ford do quite nicely. With or without Reagan. Tia.

Ford wasn't doing well a few years ago. ;)
Ford workers belong to a union.

yes I know, I have no beef with Ford. We didn't have to bail their asses out.

DECADES AGO.......

Watch the Frontline episode on BP, none of those workers would have been able to speak out if it wasn't for the fact they were protected by a union.

BULLSHIT!

Plus... BP is British.

[/B]

what you have with the unions is 800 thousand retired with pensions that are unsustainable because only 85,000 are working to pay them. tha'ts what you have. Unions ruined the auto industry in the US.

No, over inflated executive salaries ruined the auto industry, along with Reagan and his economic plan. How come union workers haven't destroyed the german market?
Like I said Willow, you are taking the side of executives who pay themselves 400 times what their employees make. Good job.
How about the fact they were still flying in private planes after they took a bailout.

What I know is GM owes us 50 Billion dollars. Their stock is going to sell at $33 per share and we the taxpayer ain't getting shit for our money. You think that's fair? You izz DUmb.

Who makes the profit off selling those shares Willow? Who can pay back their bailout with those profits? Are you dumb?

President Barack Obama will see the US Treasury's share in the firm shrink from nearly 61 percent to slightly over 40 percent overnight, while claiming back some of the 50 billion taxpayer dollars spent to save the company.

"The purpose of the IPO is to begin to shift ownership of GM to the public from the three main shareholders: the US Treasury, the United Auto Workers union, and the Canadian government," he added in a client note

GM poised for world-beating share sale - Yahoo! News

Looks like your OP was a little misleading Willow, good job.

Would you rather the corporate fat cats get it?
How about the fact Union members are tax payers raising families too?

You really need to think about who you want to protect.

The American Tax payer bailed the union asses out. They should share. Without us there would be no them. Fuck GM.

They didn't bail out the unions, they bailed out GM. It isn't the unions fault that the executives at GM can't run a business. And without Unions, we have a failed middle class.

That is patently false.
What you say was very true from 1920 till about 1960. The unions gave workers a decent pay check and benefits - and this improved the economy to some small degree also.
However after 1960, unions became corrupt and for the most part - unnecessary. Workers were already earning decent pay and benefits - but the unions had to have some reason to stay in existence so they continued to pound on wages and benefits until compensation truly outweighed the production performed by the employee. Then came lifelong glorious benefits that these companies can in no way support during a good economy, and when the economy turned south - total collapse under the weight of compensation costs.

DECADES AGO.......

BULLSHIT!

Plus... BP is British.

That is weird, my friends dad, is in a US union and works for BP. He was also interviewed on Frontline, and spoke out against what they do in Alaska. I will have to tell him his interview is bullshit now.

Who makes the profit off selling those shares Willow? Who can pay back their bailout with those profits? Are you dumb?
President Barack Obama will see the US Treasury's share in the firm shrink from nearly 61 percent to slightly over 40 percent overnight, while claiming back some of the 50 billion taxpayer dollars spent to save the company.

"The purpose of the IPO is to begin to shift ownership of GM to the public from the three main shareholders: the US Treasury, the United Auto Workers union, and the Canadian government," he added in a client note

GM has it made don't they? Fifty billion interest free dollars. God knows when it will all get paid back. Screw the American taxpayer.

BULLSHIT!

Plus... BP is British.

That is weird, my friends dad, is in a US union and works for BP. He was also interviewed on Frontline, and spoke out against what they do in Alaska. I will have to tell him his interview is bullshit now.

Maybe you should tell him to stop biting the mouth that feeds him.... Hell, why doesnt he put his money where his mouth is and quit BP and go to work for a company that actually cares for "mother earth"..... Oh... he likes that evil $$$$ right?

One more thing.... Im not here to "bag" on your dad.... I just think its chickenshit to "tattle" on your employer and expect to stay employed there.

Take a stand and quit.

Last edited:
The government should make about $13.6 billion when GM shares start trading on the New York Stock Exchange. The federal Treasury is unloading more than 400 million shares of GM, reducing its stake in the company from 61 percent to about 33 percent.

GM will set aside 5 percent of its new stock for employees, retirees and car dealers to buy at the offering price.
GM says prices common shares at $33 each in IPO

Wow, Willow you should really check out your facts.

BULLSHIT!

Plus... BP is British.

Maybe you should tell him to stop biting the mouth that feeds him.... Hell, why doesnt he put his money where his mouth is and quit BP and go to work for a company that actually cares for "mother earth"..... Oh... he likes that evil $$$$ right?

He will probably be working for a new company soon. ;)
And he was speaking out against the fact BP has poor safety condition in Alaska, which injured almost killed one of his friends. Get a clue!

The government should make about $13.6 billion when GM shares start trading on the New York Stock Exchange. The federal Treasury is unloading more than 400 million shares of GM, reducing its stake in the company from 61 percent to about 33 percent.

GM will set aside 5 percent of its new stock for employees, retirees and car dealers to buy at the offering price.
GM says prices common shares at $33 each in IPO

Wow, Willow you should really check out your facts.

Which facts would those be Luisser?

He will probably be working for a new company soon. ;)
And he was speaking out against the fact BP has poor safety condition in Alaska, which injured almost killed one of his friends. Get a clue!

Now thats what I am talkin about.... :clap2:

again... if ya think they are doing bad things.... WALK away!

GM has it made don't they? Fifty billion interest free dollars. God knows when it will all get paid back. Screw the American taxpayer.

Haven't they already paid off a portion? Are they not due to pay back even more with the sells of these stocks? You should do a little more research next time.

Forum List

Back