So you think oil and gas are up because of those evil speculators?

Congress and the president. Is Bush doing a 3rd term?:lol:
Thank God he's not, the dollar could not take another 4 years of Bush devaluation. In 8 years under the Bush Regime the dollar declined $4 and in 2.6 years under Obama the dollar has declined less than ONE dollar.

So Obama has stabilized the falling Bush dollar and the CON$ are livid. They were much happier with Bush destroying the dollar and the country.

Inflation Calculator | Find US Dollar's Value from 1913-2011

Year - Amount it took to equal $1 in 1913

2000 17.39
2001 $17.89
2002 18.17
2003 18.59
2004 19.08
2005 19.73
2006 20.18
2007 20.94
2008 21.75
2009 $21.67
2010 $22.03
2011 $22.57

Thank God he's not, the dollar could not take another 4 years of Bush devaluation.
You're clueless. The dollar is still being devalued
It has fallen at a lower rate then under Bush, and mostly to make American exports more attractive compared to Chinese exports. So yes the dollar is more stable under Obama than under Bush, and CON$ never complained about the falling dollar under Bush.

The Financial Gleaner

Falling dollar pushes exports to record levels and helps lower trade deficit

The falling dollar led more foreigners to buy American in August, helping to push the trade deficit down to the lowest point in seven months.
That was welcome news for the administration of US President George W. Bush as it tries to deal with a Congress unhappy over huge trade imbalances and 3 million lost manufacturing jobs.

...when the dollar loses it's value oil prices go up when the dollar's value strengthens oil prices go down...
doloil.gif

1973-1980 dollar's flat, oil's up
1980-1986 dollar soars and oil falls
1986-1991 dollar plummets, oil's flat
1991-2001 dollar soars and oil's flat
2001-2008 dollar falls and oil soars
2008-now dollar jumps and returns while oil plummets and ends lower.

Thank God he's not, the dollar could not take another 4 years of Bush devaluation. In 8 years under the Bush Regime the dollar declined $4 and in 2.6 years under Obama the dollar has declined less than ONE dollar.

So Obama has stabilized the falling Bush dollar and the CON$ are livid. They were much happier with Bush destroying the dollar and the country.

Inflation Calculator | Find US Dollar's Value from 1913-2011

Year - Amount it took to equal $1 in 1913

2000 17.39
2001 $17.89
2002 18.17
2003 18.59
2004 19.08
2005 19.73
2006 20.18
2007 20.94
2008 21.75
2009 $21.67
2010 $22.03
2011 $22.57

Thank God he's not, the dollar could not take another 4 years of Bush devaluation.
It has fallen at a lower rate then under Bush, and mostly to make American exports more attractive compared to Chinese exports. So yes the dollar is more stable under Obama than under Bush, and CON$ never complained about the falling dollar under Bush.

The Financial Gleaner

The falling dollar led more foreigners to buy American in August, helping to push the trade deficit down to the lowest point in seven months.
That was welcome news for the administration of US President George W. Bush as it tries to deal with a Congress unhappy over huge trade imbalances and 3 million lost manufacturing jobs.

clueless in edthecynic's mind

Gotcha----speculators looking for a tidy profit ( gamblers ) have nothing to do with the rising price of gas.:rolleyes:

the answer is provided from sources in this thread.

What sources? You didn't link them.

Oh wait........I've got it now............you provide "informaton" from "sources" much like Donald the Chump.

Good to know.

stupidity is not your best argument move along chump you're out of your league.

Last edited:

The Financial Gleaner

Like I highlighted, falling dollar is a good thing for Bush, but a disaster for Obama. Just like deficits don't matter for Reagan, Bush I and Bush II, but are generational theft for Clinton and Obama.

'I don't worry about the deficit. It's big enough to take care of itself.'
Ronald Reagan

"Reagan proved deficits don't matter."
Dick Cheney

The Financial Gleaner

Like I highlighted, falling dollar is a good thing for Bush, but a disaster for Obama. Just like deficits don't matter for Reagan, Bush I and Bush II, but are generational theft for Clinton and Obama.

Ronald Reagan

Dick Cheney

Like I highlighted, falling dollar is a good thing for Bush, but a disaster for Obama.
WOW it's all political party to you. fine Bush fucked us, but obama is doing the same times 10 that Bush did.

Ronald Reagan

Dick Cheney

Like I highlighted, falling dollar is a good thing for Bush, but a disaster for Obama.
WOW it's all political party to you. fine Bush fucked us, but obama is doing the same times 10 that Bush did.

Do you have a link to hard evidence, or is this more Trump birther bullshit from you?

Ronald Reagan

Dick Cheney

Do you have a link to hard evidence, or is this more Trump birther bullshit from you?

Don't bother me untl you read the links posted. and the neg was for trying to derail the subject with bullshit not dealing with the topic.

Plus I owed you one.

Last edited:

Ronald Reagan

Dick Cheney

No, as I showed the dollar is falling much more slowly under Obama, which is what has CON$ so pissed off. The dollar fell more than 4 dollars in 8 years under the Bush Regime and in 2.6 years under Obama the dollar fell less than 1 (one) dollar.

Ronald Reagan

Dick Cheney

No, as I showed the dollar is falling much more slowly under Obama, which is what has CON$ so pissed off. The dollar fell more than 4 dollars in 8 years under the Bush Regime and in 2.6 years under Obama the dollar fell less than 1 (one) dollar.
Yu also showed that the dollar valkued has continued to drop with obama and clinton as President. Keep going with your political hackery.

Yu also showed that the dollar valkued has continued to drop with obama and clinton as President. Keep going with your political hackery.

If things are so bad, wanna explain why the stock market closed at it's highest point IN THREE YEARS?

But you said the falling dollar was devalued 10 timed worse under Obama and I showed it was falling faster and therefore worse under Bush. Over .50 per year under Bush and less than .35 per year under Obama.

Only in CON$ervative fuzzy math is .35 ten times more than .50!!! :cuckoo:

But you said the falling dollar was devalued 10 timed worse under Obama and I showed it was falling faster and therefore worse under Bush. Over .50 per year under Bush and less than .35 per year under Obama.

Only in CON$ervative fuzzy math is .35 ten times more than .50!!! :cuckoo:

The dollar is being devalued while obama is president. Do you realize in 2007 2008 gas per gallon was at 4.00 and oil pre barrel was 140.00
800px-Brent_Spot_monthly.svg.png

Gas is almost at 4.00 pre gallon nation wide and the price pre barrel of oil 113.00 in 2011
CRUDE OIL PRICE: Oil | Energy | Petroleum | Oil Price | Crude Oil Charts | Oil Price Forecast

Hows the math doing you now seabitch?

If things are so bad, wanna explain why the stock market closed at it's highest point IN THREE YEARS?

They can sustain the high numbers for just so long of a period of time then it will crash.

Last edited:
Oil is going up for three reasons.

1. Supply/demand imbalances
2. Weak dollar
3. Speculation

Importance is from top to bottom. Supply/demand is most important. Speculation is least important.

Oil is going up for three reasons.

1. Supply/demand imbalances
2. Weak dollar
3. Speculation

Importance is from top to bottom. Supply/demand is most important. Speculation is least important.

The demand is not up, on the first link I post it showed that if the dollar wasn't so weak oil would not be at it current 113.00 a barrel. When oil hit 140.00 dollars a barrel in 2008 gas prices were at 4.00 pre gallon were at 4.00 a gallon now and now where near 140.00 a barrel price range.

Forum List

Back