So you say Sarah Palin is dumb

Thank you! The point is whether or not Obama was a great candidate. I know you couldn't help piling on, it's what you do (not much in the way of constructive criticism, but it's what you do).

If you want your advice and opinions as to what a great president should do and be, I would advise you to run away from the lousy presidents. You cannot be tainted by Obama, but the Bush stain does not wash away so easily. And if you tout Palin, it would be clear as crystal that you want the same idiot mistakes that the Bush/Cheney crew made to happen all over again.

It isn't constructive criticism, it's fact. You're assuming I liked Bush, far from it, he wasn't a conservative, at least not in the fiscal sense. As with most presidents I agree with some policies and disagree with others, So far I disagree with the majority of Obama's policies.

I like Palin because she's not a Washington insider nor a typical politician and the fact that she routed out corruption within her own party as governor of Alaska is a big plus. You want to connect Palin to bush and the only thing I can think that connects the two is both are republicans. So tell me, what has Palin done that gives you the impression she would make the same mistakes Bush did?
It's Palin's lack of intellectual curiosity and apparent inability to hold more than one thought in her head at any one time that makes me see her as Bush in pantyhose. In other words, we tried stupid for eight years and got two wars, a politicization of the Department of Justice, FDA, EPA and Homeland Security, a meltdown of the financial system due to rampant deregulation, an abandonment of science in favor of dogma and a FEMA that was praised for ineptitude.

Fool me once...

Please define "intellectual curiousity", then provide evidence that Sarah cannot "hold more than one thought in her head at any one time". The FDA was created in 1906, the EPA in 1970, so crediting Bush for those is insane. The financial meltdown began with the Reinvestment Act of 1977 and as for FEMA's ineptitude, abandoning science and the like that's all opinion.

Fool you once? Apparently you're being fooled on a daily basis.

edit: damn I hate typos!!

It isn't constructive criticism, it's fact. You're assuming I liked Bush, far from it, he wasn't a conservative, at least not in the fiscal sense. As with most presidents I agree with some policies and disagree with others, So far I disagree with the majority of Obama's policies.

I like Palin because she's not a Washington insider nor a typical politician and the fact that she routed out corruption within her own party as governor of Alaska is a big plus. You want to connect Palin to bush and the only thing I can think that connects the two is both are republicans. So tell me, what has Palin done that gives you the impression she would make the same mistakes Bush did?
It's Palin's lack of intellectual curiosity and apparent inability to hold more than one thought in her head at any one time that makes me see her as Bush in pantyhose. In other words, we tried stupid for eight years and got two wars, a politicization of the Department of Justice, FDA, EPA and Homeland Security, a meltdown of the financial system due to rampant deregulation, an abandonment of science in favor of dogma and a FEMA that was praised for ineptitude.

Fool me once...

Please define "intellectual curiousity", then provide evidence that Sarah cannot "hold more than one thought in her head at any one time". The FDA was created in 1906, the EPA in 1970, so crediting Bush for those is insane. The financial meltdown began with the Reinvestment Act of 1977 and as for FEMA's ineptitude, abandoning science and the like that's all opinion.

The FDA was not a food and drug safety agency during the Bush/Cheney regime, it was political. Drug approvals were politically calculated rather than based on science. Likewise the EPA and the Department of Justice.

FEMA's ineptitude was brought forth in stunning clarity with their response to Katrina. Four years after September 11, one would think that agencies like FEMA would have burnished their effectiveness given the potential for disaster. And yet we all saw the hurricane develop on radar for days while FEMA sat still with a horse show judge at its helm.

And the financial system's network of safeguards and regulations was systematically dismantled by Phil "bunch of whiners" Gramm!

As for Palin's lack of intellectual curiosity, what newspapers, magazines and books does she read? What position papers has she published? What is her track record, other than Mayor of Wasilla and quitting in the midst of her first and only term as governor?

If she held real honest core values, why would she have to write them on her hand? Wouldn't they be at the front of whatever passes for her mind? If I had to write answers on my hand, it means I did not do my homework and needed to cheat to pass. If, on the other hand, I knew my subject, did my homework and was fully prepared for the test, I wouldn't have to crib!

Fool me once...

The FDA was not a food and drug safety agency during the Bush/Cheney regime, it was political. Drug approvals were politically calculated rather than based on science. Likewise the EPA and the Department of Justice.
And you have evidence to support this claim?

FEMA's ineptitude was brought forth in stunning clarity with their response to Katrina. Four years after September 11, one would think that agencies like FEMA would have burnished their effectiveness given the potential for disaster. And yet we all saw the hurricane develop on radar for days while FEMA sat still with a horse show judge at its helm.
The ineptitude started at the local and state level, neither of which Bush controlled.

And the financial system's network of safeguards and regulations was systematically dismantled by Phil "bunch of whiners" Gramm!
Mere opinion.

As for Palin's lack of intellectual curiosity, what newspapers, magazines and books does she read? What position papers has she published? What is her track record, other than Mayor of Wasilla and quitting in the midst of her first and only term as governor?
She's on record citing several publications she reads, including the New York Times and the Wallstreet Journal her accomplishments are many, way more than anything Obama has ever done.

If she held real honest core values, why would she have to write them on her hand? Wouldn't they be at the front of whatever passes for her mind? If I had to write answers on my hand, it means I did not do my homework and needed to cheat to pass. If, on the other hand, I knew my subject, did my homework and was fully prepared for the test, I wouldn't have to crib!
Why does Obama have to read a teleprompter? Every orator uses notes, so she wrote hers on her hand, big deal. At least she doesn't rely on her every word being written and displayed for her, unlike your brilliant Obama.

If this is your strongest argument you may as well concede now.

The ineptitude started at the local and state level, neither of which Bush controlled.

Mere opinion.

She's on record citing several publications she reads, including the New York Times and the Wallstreet Journal her accomplishments are many, way more than anything Obama has ever done.

Why does Obama have to read a teleprompter? Every orator uses notes, so she wrote hers on her hand, big deal. At least she doesn't rely on her every word being written and displayed for her, unlike your brilliant Obama.

Here we go: Bush and Plan B the morning after pill. The Bush FDA was based on politics and dogma. See this link: ALL: President Bush: Dump FDA nominee, Plan B

And it's not opinion about Phil Gramm, it's just history some Conservatives go all ostrich over. See this link: The Subprime Mess and Phil Gramm: An Experiment in Deregulation | InjuryBoard Los Angeles

As for FEMA's ineptitude and your ham-handed stab at burnishing the Bush record, I refer you to the FEMA inspector general's report found at this link: CNN.com - Report: Criticism of FEMA's Katrina response deserved - Apr 14, 2006

And fianlly, here is a side-by-side timeline of the accomplishments of Barack Obama and Sarah Palin. What was that you said about her accomplishments are many, way more than anything Obama has ever done? Check this link: Comparing Obama's, Palin's accomplishments | Politics & Elections - - Oregonlive.com

Mere opinion.

Here we go: Bush and Plan B the morning after pill. The Bush FDA was based on politics and dogma. See this link: ALL: President Bush: Dump FDA nominee, Plan B

And it's not opinion about Phil Gramm, it's just history some Conservatives go all ostrich over. See this link: The Subprime Mess and Phil Gramm: An Experiment in Deregulation | InjuryBoard Los Angeles

As for FEMA's ineptitude and your ham-handed stab at burnishing the Bush record, I refer you to the FEMA inspector general's report found at this link: CNN.com - Report: Criticism of FEMA's Katrina response deserved - Apr 14, 2006

And fianlly, here is a side-by-side timeline of the accomplishments of Barack Obama and Sarah Palin. What was that you said about her accomplishments are many, way more than anything Obama has ever done? Check this link: Comparing Obama's, Palin's accomplishments | Politics & Elections - - Oregonlive.com

So you reinforce your opinion with the opinions of others. Hell we could go back and forth in that manner all day long. Fact is all these points are debatable with no exact answer in sight, it all boils down to opinions.

As for the comparisons, let me give you some cold hard facts.
*Pre-presidential election comparisons*

Previous jobs:
Obama: State Senator (1997-2004);Community Organizer

Palin: Mayor of Wasilla, AK (1996-2002); President of Alaska Conference of Mayors;City Council member (1992-1996)

Executive Experience:
Obama: None
Palin: Governor for 2 years; Mayor for 10 years

Foreign Relations experience:

Obama: Chaired Senate subcommittee on Europe but never called it into session;once gave a speech to 200,000 screaming Germans

Palin: Governor of state that borders two foreign countries (Canada and Russia)

Military Affairs experience:

Palin: Commander in Chief of Alaska National Guard;Son is enlisted Infantryman in U.S. Army

Private Sector Experience:
Obama: Associate at civil rights law firm

Palin: Sports reporter;Salmon fisherman

Most Courageous Moment in Public Service:
Obama: Gave an anti-Iraq war speech to a crowd of anti-Iraq war demonstrators in Hyde Park in 2002

Palin: Resigned in protest from position of Ethics Commissioner of Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission in order to expose legal violations and conflicts of interest of Alaska Republican leaders, including the former state Attorney General and the State GOP Chairman (who was also an Oil & Gas Commissioner), who was doing work for the party on public time and supplying a lobbyist with a sensitive e-mail.

Theme:
Obama: Hope and Change;”Bringing Change from Outside Washington”

Palin: Change and Clean Government

What they’ve done to live up to that theme:
Obama: Selected 36-year incumbent Senator as running mate

Palin: Replaced entire Board of Agriculture and Conservation because of conflict of interest;Resigned from position of Ethics Commissioner of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission in order to expose corruption among members of own party

Legislative Record:
Obama: Voted “present” over 100 times as IL state senator

Palin: Passed a landmark ethics reform bill;Used veto to cut budgetary spending;Prevented “bridge to nowhere” that would have cost taxpayers $400 million dollars.

You can view the rest of the comparisons here:

And here:

Maybe Sarah Palin is dumb like us. Maybe it’s time to give the Yale and Harvard grads a few decades off from running this country. I think Sarah just might be dumb enough to go to Washington and tell the American people the truth about what’s been going on in DC.

As Governor of Alaska she exposed Democrat AND Republican corruption and I don’t care what your politics and political agenda are if corruption rules the day in Washington we are all lost.

There are a lot of “smart people” screwing this Nation up right now and I don’t think anyone can argue with that.

Why does the right celebrate "mediocre"?

Maybe Sarah Palin is dumb like us. Maybe it’s time to give the Yale and Harvard grads a few decades off from running this country. I think Sarah just might be dumb enough to go to Washington and tell the American people the truth about what’s been going on in DC.

As Governor of Alaska she exposed Democrat AND Republican corruption and I don’t care what your politics and political agenda are if corruption rules the day in Washington we are all lost.

There are a lot of “smart people” screwing this Nation up right now and I don’t think anyone can argue with that.

because of snobby statements like yours.:lol:

because of snobby statements like yours.:lol:

Why is it called "common sense" when it's non too common? :eusa_whistle:

So you reinforce your opinion with the opinions of others. Hell we could go back and forth in that manner all day long. Fact is all these points are debatable with no exact answer in sight, it all boils down to opinions.

Previous jobs:

Palin: Mayor of Wasilla, AK (1996-2002); President of Alaska Conference of Mayors;City Council member (1992-1996)

Executive Experience:

Obama: Chaired Senate subcommittee on Europe but never called it into session;once gave a speech to 200,000 screaming Germans

Palin: Commander in Chief of Alaska National Guard;Son is enlisted Infantryman in U.S. Army

Obama: Gave an anti-Iraq war speech to a crowd of anti-Iraq war demonstrators in Hyde Park in 2002

Palin: Resigned in protest from position of Ethics Commissioner of Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission in order to expose legal violations and conflicts of interest of Alaska Republican leaders, including the former state Attorney General and the State GOP Chairman (who was also an Oil & Gas Commissioner), who was doing work for the party on public time and supplying a lobbyist with a sensitive e-mail.

Theme:

Palin: Replaced entire Board of Agriculture and Conservation because of conflict of interest;Resigned from position of Ethics Commissioner of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission in order to expose corruption among members of own party

Legislative Record:

Palin: Passed a landmark ethics reform bill;Used veto to cut budgetary spending;Prevented “bridge to nowhere” that would have cost taxpayers $400 million dollars.

And here:
Here's some fact you may have overlooked:
In 1999, former Senator Phil Gramm (who is, incidentally, Senator John McCain's economic adviser and cochairs his presidential campaign) set out to completely gut the Glass-Steagall Act, and did so successfully, replacing most of its components with the new Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act: allowing commercial banks, investment banks, and insurers to merge (which would have violated antitrust laws under Glass-Steagall). Sen. Gramm was the driving force behind the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, as he had received over $4.6 million from the FIRE sector (Finance, Insurance and Real Estate donations) over the previous decade, and once the Act passed, an influx of "megamergers" took place among banks and insurance and securities companies, as if they had been eagerly awaiting the passage of Gramm's Act. Everything in between Glass-Steagall and Gramm-Leach-Bliley (i.e. Savings and Loan crisis/bust) was, in large part, the incubation period for what would take place over the nine years that would follow the passage of Gramm's Act: an experiment in deregulation.

After the list of Palin's accomplishments, do you still maintain she is qualified intellectually to head up the executive branch?

You do not get elected as Governor of Alaska if you are dumb.
Lazy, incompetent and corrupt yes. Dumb no.

PSSSST. Bachmann was elected as well.

Hey stupid, I noticed you're avoiding me. What are you scared? Or is that you realize in a battle of wits you are unarmed? And what childish insult are you going to hurl at me?

Since you're implying that Bachmann is dumb share with us what brought you to that conclusion. What has she done or not done that gives you that impression? And while you're at it, give us some background as to your level of intelligence, i.e. what degrees do you currently hold, what type of businesses do you own or what is you do for a living? As far as I can tell the only thing you're adept at is hurling insults and photoshopping pictures of your boyfriend.

Now I'm sure you won't respond and it's probably because of one or both of the reasons I specified. And knowing you have zero integrity, your non-response is expected.

Avoiding you? A couple things, one, you really think highly of yourself and two...who the hell are you? I mean really...who the fuck are you for me to care what the hell you think?

Now, back to batshit crazy bachmann....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I1ix_82rTw]YouTube - Bachmann Gives Her Crazy Census Theories To Glenn Beck[/ame]

Funny thing is, when she found out her seat would be lost if people dint fill out the census, she said nothing...NOTHING about it again. NOTHING. Freaking hypocrite.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bT01mC9xSA]YouTube - Bachmann Wants McCarthy-Like Witch Hunt For Anti-Americans[/ame]

She is batshit crazy. Oh and please stop being so full of yourself...really.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAciGWywu7w]YouTube - Glenn Beck pokes fun at Elitist progressive Joe Klein.[/ame]

Previous jobs:

Executive Experience:

Theme:

Legislative Record:

And here:
In 1999, former Senator Phil Gramm (who is, incidentally, Senator John McCain's economic adviser and cochairs his presidential campaign) set out to completely gut the Glass-Steagall Act, and did so successfully, replacing most of its components with the new Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act: allowing commercial banks, investment banks, and insurers to merge (which would have violated antitrust laws under Glass-Steagall). Sen. Gramm was the driving force behind the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, as he had received over $4.6 million from the FIRE sector (Finance, Insurance and Real Estate donations) over the previous decade, and once the Act passed, an influx of "megamergers" took place among banks and insurance and securities companies, as if they had been eagerly awaiting the passage of Gramm's Act. Everything in between Glass-Steagall and Gramm-Leach-Bliley (i.e. Savings and Loan crisis/bust) was, in large part, the incubation period for what would take place over the nine years that would follow the passage of Gramm's Act: an experiment in deregulation.

After the list of Palin's accomplishments, do you still maintain she is qualified intellectually to head up the executive branch?

We'll have to agree to disagree on what caused the finanical meltown, I maintain it began with the reinvestment act coupled with Franks and others refusal to regulate Freddy and Fannie. As for Palin being qualified, yes I still think she was and is more qualified than the clown you voted in.

How does this help the country? Its all about her.

Isn't your life all about you and your family??

Aww, You forgot again. Palin is a private citizen, just like you.

She has no power to make changes anywhere.

The most she can do is use what power she has in the speaking arena to back others running for office. Thats the extent of what Palin can do right now.

If she runs for office and wins, then she has real power and the ability to help the country.

How much are YOU helping the county since you and Palin are private citizens????

Well, I did 20 years in the Navy and .....follow me here......I didnt quit either. I think my service was a help for the country. Agree? She had the chance to help her state out but quit her job to sell books. How is that helping AMerica?

Now, when I was in, I did know the difference between north and south Korea. I also never, ever had notes on my hand when I was an instructor in the Navy.

Many thanks for your service. I come from a family entirely military up until this last generation so I can appreciate your sacrifice and servce. Kudo's to you my friend.

As for Palin. Did she leave that post to sell books or because she was being swamped with frivilous suites??All of which were taking up time and money to fight. Her money and the States money and the time in court. That of course is still a matter of opinion.

Be Honest. Do you honestly think that Palin doesnt' know the difference between N and S Korea?? Jeeze. Honestly, Even a Palin hater can't think anyone is that stupid. LOL

Last edited:
So you say Sarah Palin is dumb

Not as dumb as the people who support her

Previous jobs:

Executive Experience:

Theme:

Legislative Record:

And here:

We'll have to agree to disagree on what caused the finanical meltown, I maintain it began with the reinvestment act coupled with Franks and others refusal to regulate Freddy and Fannie. As for Palin being qualified, yes I still think she was and is more qualified than the clown you voted in.
I recognize that pinning the blame squarely where it belongs on Gramm and deregulation is a bitter pill for partisans to swallow, but there it is. As for Ms. Palin being capable of running the executive branch, I'll rely on her track record as a governor who quit in the midst of her first term and the lovely job she did running the village in Alaska. I can't see how this adds up to a presidential level, but then again, I'm looking out for the best, not someone who sings all the ideological notes but can't carry the leadership melody.

Forum List

Back