So You Like Ron Paul EXCEPT On Foreign Policy?

U.S. military veterans and active duty soldiers overwhelmingly support Ron Paul for President in 2012. Find out why.

[youtube]I8NhRPo0WAo#![/youtube]

He is an Isolationist. He would take us back to the 1930's on foreign policy. We would abandon our allies, we would abandon the 3rd world, we would abandon everyone.

This truly is a global economy and society. WE CAN NOT revert to 1930's. It would give rise to EXACTLY what happened in the 30's. It would embolden despots, and Governments bent on control of regions and areas of the world.

I don't care what his other policies are this is a ender.

You have got to be kidding. We assembled for common defense, not to become the world police!!

I actually like Paul except for his stance on Social(or should I say "anti-social") issues.

Yeah. it's kind of funny. Being equally opposed to both the warfare state and the welfare state provides us with plenty of 'enemies'.

Bring it! :evil:

He is an Isolationist. He would take us back to the 1930's on foreign policy. We would abandon our allies, we would abandon the 3rd world, we would abandon everyone.

This truly is a global economy and society. WE CAN NOT revert to 1930's. It would give rise to EXACTLY what happened in the 30's. It would embolden despots, and Governments bent on control of regions and areas of the world.

I don't care what his other policies are this is a ender.

Riiiight. The two choices are "rule the world" or turtle up as isolationists.

This blows my mind actually, that we can't conceive of some middle ground between 'isolationist' and a military that costs as much of the rest of the world's combined. WE are off the rails people.

SO your solution is to support a man that has STATED he will end all "entanglements" with foreign Governments.? That openly admits he wants no allies and no ties to any other Government or Country? He is on RECORD for his views. And last I checked the President decides Foreign Policy. For new treaties he needs Senate approval. I don't think he needs their approval to END them though.

If you want MIDDLE GROUND then don't vote for Ron Paul.

I don't have to "bring it"... He won't even get the Nomination and if he wants to run further than that, he'll have to go 3rd party.

I don't have to "bring it"... He won't even get the Nomination and if he wants to run further than that, he'll have to go 3rd party.

That's my hope. We're certainly not going to get sane government out of the Democrats or Republicans.

SO your solution is to support a man that has STATED he will end all "entanglements" with foreign Governments.? That openly admits he wants no allies and no ties to any other Government or Country? He is on RECORD for his views. And last I checked the President decides Foreign Policy. For new treaties he needs Senate approval. I don't think he needs their approval to END them though.

If you want MIDDLE GROUND then don't vote for Ron Paul.

My 'solution' is to support the only candidate speaking up for something besides an American/corporate hegemony. I don't think he's a great communicator and often presses the extremes to make a point. Regardless, he won't get elected, so I'm not worrying about the details. I want to see sanity restored to government, so I'm supporting the only candidate speaking up for moving in that direction.

I don't think RP is the isolationist his opponents claim, but even if he is, he gets my support because the others are all insane warmongers in comparison.

That's my hope. We're certainly not going to get sane government out of the Democrats or Republicans.

That's my hope too. 4 more years for Obama.

I certainly don't consider four more years of the same-old-same-old a 'good' thing. But we have to think long term. The "Republocrats" spent many decades building their empire. It's going to take a sustained effort to tear it down.

Your answer does not surprise me. The title CLEARLY STATES the position of why we don't support PAUL.

But you can't face facts, much like Paul, so you make believe that if we don't support Paul we don't support the troops. Preposterous on every level.

Uh.. never said that. Maybe you got my post confused with someone else's.

The topic of the post, is Ron Paul's foreign policy. Your persistent desire to silence any thread related to Ron Paul is just a distraction.

My goal is only to give you what you give. Threads are hijacked daily on here in an attempt to put forth Paul. I'm simply doing the opposite.

So You Like Ron Paul EXCEPT On Foreign Policy?

I agree with Paul only with regard to foreign policy – everything else he’s dead wrong.

Not that it matters, of course.

At the risk of repeating myself, I always get a kick out of the fact that Democrats and Republicans find RPs views equally disagreeable, albeit for opposite reasons.

Forum List

Back