So you just won $250,000,000.00, now what?

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
Although the chances of getting struck by lightening, MORE THAN ONCE, are greater than winning one of those mega million dollar lotteries, that fact of the matter is, SOMEBODY DOES WIN IT, and it could be you just as easily as the next person.

So say you just won $250,000,000.00, now what do you? How would you spend it?

So many things I'd want to do. Seems like I've said this here before, lol!

One thing would be to get a few acres of land and build a Retirement Village. Somewhere for older people to want to go rather than to have to go to a Rest Home. Somewhere where they all have their own bungalows and there's activites and things that they would actually want to do. AND it would be affordable for everyone!

One thing would be to open an amusement park of somekind here. We live in a military town and there's nothing for the 18 - 20 year old soldiers coming in to do. Something with go-carts, paint bar war, laser tag, minature golf (of course), water slides, games. I think it would make a killing in this town!

Other than that, I'd want to build me a house and help as many people as I could!

I would invest some, donate some, travel a lot and buy my dream 1000 plus acres mountain ranch.

freeandfun1 said:
I would invest some, donate some, travel a lot and buy my dream 1000 plus acres mountain ranch.
ditto! with a 40 foot electrified fence. and not the ordinary give yuo a shock fence... im talking mega industrial fence, the type that make yor kids come out all fucked up when you get shocked

Hmm.. Invest in stock portfolios for my niece and nephews (which they can't touch til they're 30 - :D), pay off a few peoples debts (cause debt just sucks), donate some (abused animal shelters, and various *worthwhile* charities probably), bank the rest, live off the interest, and take it all with me when I die.

Shattered said:
Hmm.. Invest in stock portfolios for my niece and nephews (which they can't touch til they're 30 - :D), pay off a few peoples debts (cause debt just sucks), donate some (abused animal shelters, and various *worthwhile* charities probably), bank the rest, live off the interest, and take it all with me when I die.
travelers checks?

start a personal gym. turn it into a franchise. put an ice cream shop next to the gym on one side and then a rib and steak house on the other side just watch money roll in.

Shattered said:
... and take it all with me when I die.

LOL! I love that one. :teeth:

I'd have to go with free and johnny on this one. I'd buy me a shit load of land somewhere out here in the mountains, and then procede to make it as "un"accessable as possible. My own little world.

Of course no one in my immediate family would ever need for money again either, and I'd give some to the church.

Pale Rider said:
LOL! I love that one. :teeth:

I'd have to go with free and johnny on this one. I'd buy me a shit load of land somewhere out here in the mountains, and then procede to make it as "un"accessable as possible. My own little world.

Of course no one in my immediate family would ever need for money again either, and I'd give some to the church.
be like some crazy shit off of "the village"!
cept mine would be like a nudist colony, plus be 21 or older to get in

Buy a modest house. By modest I mean big enough for a family of four.

Put away money for college.

Put away money for me to "live off the interest" - probably about $1 million.

Start writing checks to charities.

1.) Cancel phone service.

2.) Get new cell phone, contact lawyer.

3.) Get hold of my investment broker and inform him of the windfall.

4.) Talk to lawyer about getting money while hiding identity.

5.) Talk to investment broker about creating trust funds for children so that they do not loose all the money to taxation when I die. Invest the large portion of the money. Set a goal to change that 1/8 billion to 2 billion in 25 years and create a plan with the broker.

6.) Contact my Real Estate agent to get investment advice for a large portion of the money. I still have another 1/8 billion to invest and spend. Buy investment property that create income from rent as well as gain in value on the market. Hire a Management company to manage said property.

7.) Take about 5 Million and put it in a Money Market checking account, insure the amount above $100,000.

8.) See how many Degrees one can earn while enjoying oneself at the same time.....

gop_jeff said:
Buy a modest house. By modest I mean big enough for a family of four.

Put away money for college.

Put away money for me to "live off the interest" - probably about $1 million.

<b>Start writing checks to charities.</b>
jsut the ones that dont bother me.

First I'd fly everyone from USMB to Colorado to have a convention,
Then I'd start my own music lable and ensure that my family would
have a good job in the music industry. I already picture the perfect job
for most of my family members. They would have to work for their fortune
though, I'd just give em a good start.

Forum List

Back