So You Hate Michelle Malin

Simply this: since, A) Christianity does not call for the death of anyone who mocks it, B) Islam DOES, and C) filmmakers and cultural lights fairly throw their shoulders out of their sockets, patting themselves on the back for being "courageously irreverent" - let's see some real daring. Let's see the Chocolate Mohammed.

I won't hold my breath.

It all depends on how you translate and interpret your religious book.
See my comments at: http://www.usmessageboard.com/showpost.php?p=544689&postcount=12

There are anti-Muslim films and exhibits. They still exist even though Muslims do not like them. Consider the movies “Executive Decision" and "True Lies", and the popular television show “24”.

Shoot me some links to these incidents, will you, matts? I'd like a more complete picture of what went down, and how. I can tell you - even without such links - that these people were not acting with even the tacit approval of organized Christianity. Islam, on the other hand, DEMANDS violence and retribution.

http://listing-index.ebay.com/movies/The_Last_Temptation_of_Christ.html

A French Catholic fundamentalist group protested the screening of “The Last Temptation of Christ”, fire-bombing a Parisian theater and badly injuring more than 12 people.

See http://www.religioustolerance.org/intol_bibl2.htm#non

It provides ways used by people to interpret the Bible in ways to condone violence, if not murder, against non-Christians.

See http://islam.about.com/od/terrorism/...rism_verse.htm and http://www.islamdenouncesterrorism.c..._of_islam.html

They provide ways used my people to interpret the Koran to oppose violence, if not murder, against non-Muslims.

Again, it is a legitimate comparison (apples to apples or oranges to oranges). You can discuss which interpretations or translations are more accurate. Christian apologetics and research has written books about it. Likewise, Islamic sympathizers have done a lifetime of research and reasoning on what Mohamed really meant and how Islamic scripture is to be applied today. The debate will probably go on forever. I don’t care to go on into the “we versus them” fight. There is good and bad in practically everything. As one famous/infamous person once said “Can’t we all just get along”?

I appreciate all the work you've done here, matts. But, honestly - brass tacks - and, per the entire point of the thread starter - wouldn't you agree that anyone putting up a chocolate Mohammed display would be playing fast and loose with his life, and the lives of many others? And that this is clearly not the case with a chocolate Jesus?

to be fair..

the number of abortion doctors killed by fanatic christians come no where near those killed by fanatic muslims.

point in case:
Theo Van Gogh pissed off lots of people.. but who killed him?

Eric Rudolph proves that such violent zealot behaviour is not unique to any particular faith... but, compare the numbers in recent history. This isnt 1692. Give the christians a little credit since the fact is, that in 2007 in America, I can post this image and not be murdered on the street:

1409690489_l.jpg

ps
if we can rationalize piss christ then mohammed should not be off limits. I have no problem making fun of jesus. Likewise, I should not be killed for making fun of mohammed.

pps
let malkin, coulter, bill-o etc say what they want to say... we all have opinions. agree or disagree, perhaps an opposing opinion will clarify your own belief... OR.... develop a bit of consideration for others that you never knew was there.

Here's the point that always garners my attention about those stretching for 'moral equivalency'; The Rudolphs, Koreshes, etc., are soundly condemned by mainstream Christian religions, I know in my church, from the pulpit. At least 4 times I've heard the priest following some idiotic behavior, be it an abortion clinic bombing, even threats of violence, condemn those actions or threats of action. To stand against abortion, at the ballot box, in letters to editors, in conversations is one thing, to resort to violence is always wrong.

Where are those Muslims that are calling for severe punishment for Bin Laden, etc? They are not there, in fact, often those that pay lip service to the 'West' are often found preaching very different in Mosques, (very prevelent in Europe, especially in Britain.)

One of the best, response to a thread, ive ever seen :)

to be fair..

the number of abortion doctors killed by fanatic christians come no where near those killed by fanatic muslims.

point in case:
Theo Van Gogh pissed off lots of people.. but who killed him?

Eric Rudolph proves that such violent zealot behaviour is not unique to any particular faith... but, compare the numbers in recent history. This isnt 1692. Give the christians a little credit since the fact is, that in 2007 in America, I can post this image and not be murdered on the street:

ps
if we can rationalize piss christ then mohammed should not be off limits. I have no problem making fun of jesus. Likewise, I should not be killed for making fun of mohammed.

pps
let malkin, coulter, bill-o etc say what they want to say... we all have opinions. agree or disagree, perhaps an opposing opinion will clarify your own belief... OR.... develop a bit of consideration for others that you never knew was there.

I think she is VERY right.

Here's the point that always garners my attention about those stretching for 'moral equivalency'; The Rudolphs, Koreshes, etc., are soundly condemned by mainstream Christian religions, I know in my church, from the pulpit. At least 4 times I've heard the priest following some idiotic behavior, be it an abortion clinic bombing, even threats of violence, condemn those actions or threats of action. To stand against abortion, at the ballot box, in letters to editors, in conversations is one thing, to resort to violence is always wrong.

Where are those Muslims that are calling for severe punishment for Bin Laden, etc? They are not there, in fact, often those that pay lip service to the 'West' are often found preaching very different in Mosques, (very prevelent in Europe, especially in Britain.)
"We are fighting today for our life, for our liberty, for our all, we cannot go on being led as we are. Somehow or other, we must get into the Government men who can match our enemies in fighting spirit, in daring, in resolution and in thirst for victory."~Leo Amery 1940, while staring at Chamberlain

Christians and Muslims are always up for discussion. Jews never are. I wonder why?

When was it that Jews have been charged with terrorism? Oh there was that guy in LA. Was he supported or condemned by the Jewish community? How about the bomb throwers in Israel? Supported or condemned. They mimick the Christians for condemnation, not the acceptance of Islamics. In fact, like the West, most Israelis are appeasers.

When was it that Jews have been charged with terrorism? Oh there was that guy in LA. Was he supported or condemned by the Jewish community? How about the bomb throwers in Israel? Supported or condemned. They mimick the Christians for condemnation, not the acceptance of Islamics. In fact, like the West, most Israelis are appeasers.

sadly, yes, most american jews are liberals :(--, and most israelies are appeasers

They don't know which head to bite off first.

Seriously, suppose it was a naked, chocolate Mohammed. Would the Muslim communtiy be offended? Would the display be taken down? You bet they would and you better believe it would, quick, fast, and in a hurry. Personally, I couldn't care less if it was Jesus, Mohammed, JFK, MLK, or William Shatner. You're right, it's art.

YOU BASTARD! Tomato soup? Commie. ;)

So now Christians define their religion by what Muslims would do? Whatever happened to WWJD?

Forum List

Back