So You Despise Capitalism? Please Give Us Your Alternative...

You will just have to be the one to determine how much is enough and defining the nebulous to meet your emotional reckoning.....right ?

Never said that. Never even hinted at it.

But with half of income earners not making enough to cover being taxed, maybe we should pay them a decent salary and then they would pay taxes and have enough to live on. Win/Win don't you think?

Where does the salary come from and who decides what is "decent" ?

The owners. The same people you think should be taxed lower.

Never said that. Never even hinted at it.

But with half of income earners not making enough to cover being taxed, maybe we should pay them a decent salary and then they would pay taxes and have enough to live on. Win/Win don't you think?

Where does the salary come from and who decides what is "decent" ?

Owners who pay a wage commensurate with experience and derived value / production ?

Owners who pay a wage commensurate with experience and derived value / production ?

Nope. Owners who pay a wage that is as low as they can possibly make it thereby minimizing their costs and maximizing their profits.

Minimize costs and maximize profits = business.

There is also a considerable business community that believes investing in quality talent maximizes profits.

Actually, isn't Obama pushing a jobs bill that will create lots of jobs while fixing the infrastructure of this country?

That's what the asshole said with the first trillion dollars he pissed away, damn but you are dumb and gullible.

It wasn't a trillion and it created millions of jobs.

Stop being a dick.

DBS, that isn't correct. He hoped that would be the case, but it didn't materialize. Some jobs were made available, but at a very high price. I don't recall the exact price, but it was several hundred thousand dollars for each job. Do you remember the clip of the president when he said, they later realized there were no shovel ready job? He was slightly embarrassed himself.

He would like to try it again hoping for a different result.

Last edited:
I didn't realize there were people around who despised capitalism. Maybe there are some people who oppose laissez faire capitalism. But saying that that equals despising capitalism is like saying Protestants despise Christianity just because they oppose the Catholic church.

That's what the asshole said with the first trillion dollars he pissed away, damn but you are dumb and gullible.

Stop being a dick.

DBS, that isn't correct. He hoped that would be the case, but it didn't materialize. Some jobs were made available, but at a very high price. I don't recall the exact price, but it was several hundred thousand dollars for each job. Do you remember the clip of the president when he said, they later realized there were no shovel ready job? He was slightly embarrassed himself.

He would like to try it again hoping for a different result.

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/123xx/doc12385/08-24-ARRA.pdf

Read up my friend.

The Recovery Act "cost" about $787B. Not $1T like Willow said. Also, from the report:

Increased the number of people employed by between 1.0 million and 2.9 million
Now, even if you don't want to believe that, there is this part:
During the second quarter of calendar year 2011, according to recipients’ reports, ARRA funded more than 550,000 full-time-equivalent (FTE) jobs
Either way you slice it, there were more jobs because of the Recovery Act. Again, despite what Willow would have you believe.

Lastly, the President didn't say there were "no shovel ready jobs". He said "shovel ready wasn't as shovel ready as we expected." World of difference.

A company that doesn't create or provide any jobs is totally useless.

So, if a person creates a company through which they operate in their solitude, they are useless?

A person who creates a company and then operates it has created a job.

Yes, but after that, what happens? If I create a company, operate it myself for five years, and never create another job other than that for myself at the very beginning, is my company useless?

I'm just looking for solutions. I'm tired of the same old shouting down stuff. No one should be 'occupying' anything. That's just wrong and doesn't solve any problems. Give us your ideas and solutions. You don't need to 'occupy' anything to do that. There are many Anti-Capitalists out there despite what some on this board have said. I've run into many myself. I visit another message board on a regular basis and there are plenty of admitted Anti-Capitalists there. They are honest and up front about it. They still haven't presented any better alternatives though. But at least they're honest. I have to give them some props for that. I guess that's where we're at in this country though. Many would rather shout slogans than present real ideas and solutions. And that's just sad.

I'm just looking for solutions. I'm tired of the same old shouting down stuff. No one should be 'occupying' anything. That's just wrong and doesn't solve any problems. Give us your ideas and solutions. You don't need to 'occupy' anything to do that. There are many Anti-Capitalists out there despite what some on this board have said. I've run into many myself. I visit another message board on a regular basis and there are plenty of admitted Anti-Capitalists there. They are honest and up front about it. They still haven't presented any better alternatives though. But at least they're honest. I have to give them some props for that. I guess that's where we're at in this country though. Many would rather shout slogans than present real ideas and solutions. And that's just sad.

Coward.

Stop being a dick.

it was a trillion and it didn't create a single job and I'm not a dick. don't you just hate being a fucking loser all the time?

It saved or created millions of jobs, 40% of it was tax cuts, many infrastructue projects were completed. The $278k per job lie takes none of that into account. You are now a brainwashed moron. Change the GD channel.

Stop being a dick.

it was a trillion and it didn't create a single job and I'm not a dick. don't you just hate being a fucking loser all the time?

It saved or created millions of jobs, 40% of it was tax cuts, many infrastructue projects were completed. The $278k per job lie takes none of that into account. You are now a brainwashed moron. Change the GD channel.

pure lies and balderdash.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to give the Anti-Capitalism crowd a chance to elaborate on their Anti-Capitalism stance. I would also like to give them a chance to explain in an articulate fashion what they would replace Capitalism with. Because in my opinion it's just not enough to 'occupy' and screech slogans. And i'm really not trying to be a smart ass here either. I am very interested in hearing their ideas. Shouting angry slogans at each other wont get us anywhere. So lets hear those ideas on what you want to replace Capitalism with. Thanks.

Not being a free liberatarian does NOT mean that you're anti-capitalist.

What most 'liberals' want is simply to return to the economic & tax policies as they were from 1950-1980, when America became the greatest economic power in the world.

We'd be thrilled just to go back to the policies as they were before GWB.

It's you freakin' wingnut extremists that promote anyone to the left of Al Capone as being anti-capitalist!

Forum List

Back