So WTF Is Up With The UN?

Hi Kathianne.

It is hardly surprising that problems are arising with the relief effort. Even if you ignore the massive scale of the disaster, you have to consider that dealing with the combination of UNocrats and muslim governments is "challenging" to say the least.

And welcome back.

Merlin1047 said:
Hi Kathianne.

It is hardly surprising that problems are arising with the relief effort. Even if you ignore the massive scale of the disaster, you have to consider that dealing with the combination of UNocrats and muslim governments is "challenging" to say the least.

And welcome back.

Thanks Merlin! I am not surprised by the UN, would be if they actually did something. What is making me happy is that the news is starting to actually get play in the MSM and from sources such as Diplomad.

Here for me are the $ paragraphs:

Some lefties have the nerve to rationalize UN ineptness by stating, "Well, the UN doesn't have aircraft carriers and fleets of helicopters." Please note: Had the lefties had their way, the USA wouldn't have any either. OK, the UN doesn't have aircraft carriers, but doesn't it have access to international airlines and merchant ships? The Diplomad must assume that all the first class seats were taken by the likes of The Queen of the High Priest Vulture Elite UNICEF Director Carol Bellamy, who flew out for a brief disaster tour and a long press conference. The cargo space probably went to the Land Cruisers and the Mercedes sedans. Hey, priorities are priorities; we'll provide ourselves the luxury cars, the Yanks and the Aussies will provide food to the hungry . . . .

The UN's performance in this disaster has been a disgrace of epic proportions; it's vastly overfunded and overstaffed agencies, allegedly established to deal with precisely this type of event, are MIA. We are now in day 16 (DAY 16!) of the crisis, and the UN is still not ready to act. It is no wonder affected countries want to deal with the US and not the UN. At a minimum, the UN owes the world an apology; the entire upper echelon of the UN and its bloated agencies should resign.

Kathianne said:
We are now in day 16 (DAY 16!) of the crisis, and the UN is still not ready to act. It is no wonder affected countries want to deal with the US and not the UN. At a minimum, the UN owes the world an apology; the entire upper echelon of the UN and its bloated agencies should resign.[/COLOR]

That's rich, even the Canadians from DART got there faster!

Said1 said:
That's rich, the Canadians from DART got there faster!

Shoot, everyone has gotten their faster. Reminds me of when Bangladesh wanted to send money after 9/11, the administration thanked them and said it wasn't necessary.

Kathianne said:
Shoot, everyone has gotten their faster. Reminds me of when Bangladesh wanted to send money after 9/11, the administration thanked them and said it wasn't necessary.

I guess it's the thought that counts right? :rolleyes:

Said1 said:
I guess it's the thought that counts right? :rolleyes:

Actually, Bangladesh was sincere, don't think for a moment that the UN officials are for anyone but their own promotion.

Kathianne said:
Actually, Bangladesh was sincere, don't think for a moment that the UN officials are for anyone but their own promotion.

Come on, aren't you being a little bit harsh? They would have been there sooner, but ya know c'est impossible! :D

Kathianne said:

Now let's give credit where it's due. I believe that the UN was among the first to hold a press conference on the subject of relief. And they also have the record for appointing a "coordinator" with what has to be the world record for longest and most pompous title ever.

Said1 said:
Come on, aren't you being a little bit harsh? They would have been there sooner, but ya know c'est impossible! :D

Harsh? Me? C'mon!

Mr. P said:
I sure have missed you Woman! :)
Spoken like a true red neck, HUH?

I've missed you like crazy, especially your recipes! Hey, you forgot to send me your wife's, the judge addy, we still need to compare notes! :dev3: What a woman, keeping you in line. :tng:

Kathianne said:
I've missed you like crazy, especially your recipes! Hey, you forgot to send me your wife's, the judge addy, we still need to compare notes! :dev3: What a woman, keeping you in line. :tng:
Ahhhh..keeping me in line...Hummmm, it's the threat of jail time that keeps me in line! And She's on call this week so there are plenty of police type folks with guns an stuff coming in an out of the house at all hours, she has plenty of opportunity to have my ass takin away.:) I'll only stay in line fer the week though.:)

Mr. P said:
Ahhhh..keeping me in line...Hummmm, it's the threat of jail time that keeps me in line! And She's on call this week so there are plenty of police type folks with guns an stuff coming in an out of the house at all hours, she has plenty of opportunity to have my ass takin away.:) I'll only stay in line fer the week though.:)

She is my hero! LOL! In reality, thanks for your kind words, glad to be back.

Forum List

Back