So Who Would You Libs Pick?

George Costanza

A Friendly Liberal
Mar 10, 2009
Los Angeles area.
OK, OK - here's the deal: LIBS! Listen up! You have to pick ONE (and only one) of the present, Republican candidates vying for their party's nomination for POTUS. There isn't going to be any Democratic candidate in November. You have to assume that one of the Republicans seeking the nomination at present, will be our next President.

Who would you pick and why?

This thread really isn't for Republicans. You guys stay out of it. I want to see how my liberal buddies would pick if they were forced to pick among the present bunch of, well, let's just leave it at that . . .

Jon Stewart.

Now, see . . . right off the bat.

Be SERIOUS here. I like Stewart as well, but he's not running.

I gotta go home. Let's see some serious (well, as serious as one could possibly be with what there is to work with here) comments when i get there.

That is all.

George

Last edited:
OK, OK - here's the deal: LIBS! Listen up! You have to pick ONE (and only one) of the present, Republican candidates vying for their party's nomination for POTUS. There isn't going to be any Democratic candidate in November. You have to assume that one of the Republicans seeking the nomination at present, will be our next President.

Who would you pick and why?

This thread really isn't for Republicans. You guys stay out of it. I want to see how my liberal buddies would pick if they were forced to pick among the present bunch of, well, let's just leave it at that . . .

More apolitical than liberal, but I'm for whichever one doesn't want to go to war and isn't attempting to form a theocracy.

Jon Stewart.

Now, see . . . right off the bat.

Be SERIOUS here. I like Stewart as well, but he's not running.

I gotta go home. Let's see some serious (well, as serious as one could possibly be with what there is to work with here) comments when i get there.

That is all.

George

Sadly I am serious. I do not think I can vote FOR any of the potential candidates.
I think I will write in Jon on my ballot.

Probably Gingrich. He, like Romney, clearly seems to believe in the positive power of public policy to do big things but, unlike Romney, the architect of the Republican Revolution doesn't have something to prove to the rabid right. There's an old Vulcan proverb.... "Only Nixon could go to China." I suspect a Gingrich administration would traffic in more unpalatable rhetoric but more palatable policy on the whole than a Romney administration, though in a political vacuum--or a blue state--I don't doubt Romney would probably be the better choice.

That said, Gingrich is a marginally bigger douchebag than Romney.

I have no pick, they all suck balls. There are millions of republicans in this country and this is the best they can do? Jesus.

Forum List

Back