So Who Were The Most Accurate Pollsters?

Black_Label

Registered Democrat
Jun 20, 2012
The final results are in and here's the official results from the final polls compared to the election results with their bias:

Politico: Tie, Bias -2.2 Right wing

Rasmussen: Willard +1, Bias -3.2 right wing

IDB: Obama +1, Bias -1.2 Right wing

CNN: Tie, Bias -2.2 Right wing

Gallup: Willard +1, Bias -3.2 right wing

ABC: Obama +3, Bias +0.8 left wing

Monmouth/surveyusa: Tie, Bias -2.2 right wing

NBC: Obama +1, Bias -1.2 right wing

Pew: Obama +3, Bias +0.8 left wing

RCP: Obama +0.7, Bias -1.5 right wing

Unskewed, the one that claims to "fix" the democratic bias to polls, Willard +2.7, Bias, -4.9 right wing

Now factoring in the margins of error to give the most to the least accurate pollster, the results are,.....

1. Pew

2. ABC

3. NBC

4. IDB

5. RCP

6. Monmouth/surveyusa

7. Politico

8. CNN

9. Gallup

10. Rasmussen

11. Unskewed

What we can clearly see is that there was no "oversampling of dems" conspiracy the right wing machine was trying to spread, quite the opposite. Most pollsters oversampled republicans.

Proof again that rasmussen is nothing but right wing propaganda that fudges the numbers to give the right wingers a stroke job, and the classic "the polls are lib biased!" tinfoil conspiracy unskewed was trying to pull was nothing but a complete steaming pile of shit.

Remember this thread, any time a right winger tries to claim rasmussen or unskewed are "the most accurate" it will be proof again they are full of shit :clap2:

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

Last edited:
The final results are in and here's the official results from the final polls compared to the election results with their bias:

Politico: Tie, Bias -2.2 Right wing

Rasmussen: Willard +1, Bias -3.2 right wing

IDB: Obama +1, Bias -1.2 Right wing

CNN: Tie, Bias -2.2 Right wing

Gallup: Willard +1, Bias -3.2 right wing

ABC: Obama +3, Bias +0.8 left wing

Monmouth/surveyusa: Tie, Bias -2.2 right wing

NBC: Obama +1, Bias -1.2 right wing

Pew: Obama +3, Bias +0.8 left wing

RCP: Obama +0.7, Bias -1.5 right wing

Unskewed, the one that claims to "fix" the democratic bias to polls, Willard +2.7, Bias, -4.9 right wing

Now factoring in the margins of error to give the most to the least accurate pollster, the results are,.....

1. Pew

2. ABC

3. NBC

4. IDB

5. RCP

6. Monmouth/surveyusa

7. Politico

8. CNN

9. Gallup

10. Rasmussen

11. Unskewed

What we can clearly see is that there was no "oversampling of dems" conspiracy the right wing machine was trying to spread, quite the opposite. Most pollsters oversampled republicans.

Proof again that rasmussen is nothing but right wing propaganda that fudges the numbers to give the right wingers a stroke job, and the classic "the polls are lib biased!" tinfoil conspiracy unskewed was trying to pull was nothing but a complete steaming pile of shit.

Remember this thread, any time a right winger tries to claim rasmussen or unskewed are "the most accurate" it will be proof again they are full of shit :clap2:

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

I think you are making the same mistake that Fordham political science teacher made in 2008 when he used incomplete numbers to grade pollsters.

I think when all the votes are finally counted - the real final result might be different than Obama +2.2.

No - I believe Rass will only get further away from the actual total. Seems a lot of the counting that remains is in places where Obama's margins were fairly big,. But there are some votes out there Romney as well in ruralish kinds of state where he did well like Tennessee.

But I do think the final count could get up to as much as 2.5 or 2.6.

No - I believe Rass will only get further away from the actual total. Seems a lot of the counting that remains is in places where Obama's margins were fairly big,. But there are some votes out there Romney as well in ruralish kinds of state where he did well like Tennessee.

But I do think the final count could get up to as much as 2.5 or 2.6.

I agree it's possible once all the votes from florida come in the results for Obama could go even higher :D

Forum List

Back